Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

Golden, I hope you mean the thumb-lock attachment, not the entire thumb correct?

Golden, I hope you mean the thumb-lock attachment, not the entire thumb correct?

lol yes, the thumb lock. I had protex 3's. cut the thumb lock, also a much better glove. I recommend those btw. Unless I just got a diamond in the dirt. The gym has 2 pairs of everlast mx's. I personally don't like them. They are the most inconsistent gloves in the market imo. Left glove has an arrow shaped compartment, right glove is normal compartment with a very tight thumb. I'd stay away from those.

The guy who won the Olympics sparred with us and he uses the everlast mx cup. he says it's stiff, not pliable, but oh so comfortable. They only come in cheap velcro which is about an inch in width.

I knew he didnt cut his own thumb, I meant the thumb of the glove lol.

See Ive had so many bad experiences with everlast and ringside for that matter I would never consider giving either of those companies another chance.

I like everlasts look, I always have but their quality of product is TERRIBLE.
Ringside, I just never knew the hype behind it, from bumps in gloves to color bleeding, and they are ALWAYS given a pass from sherdoggers as "great" gloves. I dunno if I spend money on product I feel it should be QC'd and a good product for what those 2 ask for. Sorry for the rant, moving on.:mad:

Since when are Top King made in Pakistan? :eek:

Well I think I once saw a pair on ebay which, on zooming clearly said 'Made in Pakistan'... but not sure if it was Top King. But I'm quite confident about the Green Hills. And Ringside gloves are also made there, and though they might not all be earth-shattering, their Heritage gloves are held in regard.

What I'm saying is it's the know-how that counts. Sure, just having a good leather industry doesn't mean the gloves would be great... they just present a great opportunity for someone who knows about glove-making to find a place with cost effective labour and easy availability of quality raw material.

Also , they have no history / background in boxing unlike Mexico / Thailand.
Just having tanneries or leather manufacturing isn't enough.

Regarding Pakistan's lack of a boxing heritage, yes it's pretty evident is it not, since Green Hill is the only brand that originates from there (or maybe I'm mistaken, is it from UK.?.. dang) Anyhow, the point is that even though the gloves are made in Pakistan, the use of "Hooksett NH" in the label is not misleading. Not when the maker is openly revealing the place of manufacture, and there's no label saying "made in NH". The guy who owns the brand is based in USA. If the cost of labour goes up in Mexico tomorrow, and Reyes has to shift operations to Pakistan, it will still be a Mexican brand, not a Pakistani one. Yes, if a Pakistani businessman buys it and shifts the works to Pakistan.... then it's a different story.

Where the brand comes from is what determines the 'heritage'.... where it gets made is simply economics. That's why so few American brands (plenty of heritage I suppose) are made in USA these days.

Last edited:
Well I think I once saw a pair on ebay which, on zooming clearly said 'Made in Pakistan'... but not sure if it was Top King. But I'm quite confident about the Green Hills. And Ringside gloves are also made there, and though they might not all be earth-shattering, their Heritage gloves are held in regard.
Most probably you are mixing Top King and Top Ten.
Top Ten are indeed made in Pakistan. And in terms of anything except padding are a good ammunition for any
"Made in Pakistan" gear hater.
Except padding Top Ten gloves suuuuuuuuuuuck.
With respect Top Ten craftmanship vs. Top King is like Fighting vs. Winning.

Heritage are nice gloves. Though the leather is not better than Reyes just different, the stitching is definitely significantly worse than Reyes, the padding is... IMF.
And they are more expensive than Reyes. I like Heritage, but the cost is ridiculous.

If the cost of labour goes up in Mexico tomorrow, and Reyes has to shift operations to Pakistan, it will still be a Mexican brand, not a Pakistani one. Yes, if a Pakistani businessman buys it and shifts the works to Pakistan.... then it's a different story.

Dude, don't be silly. Reyes will NEVER move to Pakistan. The same in case of Winning.

Yes, you're right... it was Top Ten, though people keep telling me it's 'Made in Germany' LOL. Top King is a Thai brand... my bad.. I'm new to this compared to you guys.

Dude, don't be silly. Reyes will NEVER move to Pakistan. The same in case of Winning.

See, first of all it's a hypothetical example. I'm merely trying to demonstrate the economics of the situation. Besides, moving to Pakistan isn't the same as getting your stuff made there. China isn't exactly known as a powerhouse of electronic equipment, but Apple still make all their stuff there. Essentially, it is simply an Apple operation on Chinese soil. Similarly, Beaulieu gloves are BillBoxing's operation on Pakistani soil. It's a far-fetched point, and I'm not saying that Beaulieu is the Apple of fight-gear products. It's just an attempt to illustrate.

And never say never. At one point of time, Tuf-Wear, Everlast were both being made in USA, maybe even Ringside too. I'm sure people back then said, "these will never shift to another country". We all know how that ended.

Yes, you're right... it was Top Ten, though people keep telling me it's 'Made in Germany' LOL. Top King is a Thai brand... my bad.. I'm new to this compared to you guys.
Yeah, they are bastards in this matter, they put "Germany" everywhere despite it is not true. They are actually bottom third of the Pakistani gear in terms of craftmanship. The padding is great, the rest is awful.

See, first of all it's a hypothetical example. I'm merely trying to demonstrate the economics of the situation. Besides, moving to Pakistan isn't the same as getting your stuff made there. China isn't exactly known as a powerhouse of electronic equipment, but Apple still make all their stuff there. Essentially, it is simply an Apple operation on Chinese soil. Similarly, Beaulieu gloves are BillBoxing's operation on Pakistani soil. It's a far-fetched point, and I'm not saying that Beaulieu is the Apple of fight-gear products. It's just an attempt to illustrate.

And never say never. At one point of time, Tuf-Wear, Everlast were both being made in USA, maybe even Ringside too. I'm sure people back then said, "these will never shift to another country". We all know how that ended.

The point is the whole Reyes/Winning business is fundamentally built on the fact their gear is made in Mexico, Japan respectively. This is absolutely essential. They are very different from Everlast, Ringside or anything else in this matter and always were. If they move their business elsewhere they will become absolutely different companies and will lost tons of customers. This is not my wish, this is a real business.

Reyes business is built on 2 things: 1) Hecho en Mexico, 2) excellent materials and flawless craftmanship (especially the stitching). This forms the tradition. Abandon the 1st thing and they will lose their customers. Moreover if you abandon the 1st you abandon partly the second one too - I have never seen any Pakistani gloves close to Reyes in terms of stitching. Reyes hire the best artisians in Mexico, their gear is almost a piece of art.

Winning main market is Japan. 125.000.000 of inhabitants and almost in every club they use Winning. They will NEVER NEVER NEVER start making their gear in China, Pakistan or Thailand. If they did their clients would not buy it (at least not for the same price).

There are several good brands in Japan like "Martial World". They cost 1/2 of Winning and are popular, but most of the people (if they can afford it) prefer paying for Winning.

It's natural brands move to the cheaper places. The fact they still rise their prices despite lower expenses is not that OK though.
Whatever, every company has their own business concept. Reyes family would rather cut their arms and legs than move to Pakistan. The same in case of Winning.
This simply will never happen. Thanks God :)

So in the end there is a lot of very good quality Pakistani gear. No doubt.
Though except the padding even the best of them (Heritage) imo is still worse than Reyes despite it costs more.

Okay, enough of my ranting... :icon_lol: back to the question. Shipping to India?

yes sir, we do ship the gear to india and to the rest of the world.
we ship it to Antarctica as well.
we,ll ship it where ever you want.

Haha so...since i doubt there are post boxes in antartica...do you just leave the package with the polar bears so that they can send it to the seals who then hand the package over to the penguins and afterwards deliver it to a person living there :p?

Haha so...since i doubt there are post boxes in antartica...do you just leave the package with the polar bears so that they can send it to the seals who then hand the package over to the penguins and afterwards deliver it to a person living there :p?

There are no polar bears in Antarctica :(

Back