Beginners (noobs) Questions - V.4

When would you guys advice the 3 day split (carnals split) from the FAQ against SS/SL?

Ok, been doing some sort of hybrid Starting Strength/Stronglift 5x5 these past few weeks (rep counts from Stronglift with exercises from SS) and I am making good gains, but it seemed like i'm only losing some fat marginally while my weight stay largely the same. I'm thinking of putting some extra works between weight day with some barbell complexes to work on cardio and burn more fat. Is this advisable? If so, any recommendation for any routine? I tried a light form of Bear Complex today and been searching up and down for some routines but i'd love to hear from you guys.

You've only been on the program for a few weeks. Give it a few months and see how it works out. Also clean up your diet if you haven't already. Adding complexes will help burn extra calories but it will also slow down your progress on SS/Stronglifts. What are your goals?

You've only been on the program for a few weeks. Give it a few months and see how it works out. Also clean up your diet if you haven't already. Adding complexes will help burn extra calories but it will also slow down your progress on SS/Stronglifts. What are your goals?

Strength first, but i wouldn't mind get rid of these fat either. Trying to get my weight and body fat (around 23 percent currently) down while building my strength up.

And yes, i am cleaning up my diet as well. I managed to get down to 198 pounds the other day before it bounced back up to 205 because i had some issue with my throat and teeth that disrupted my training.

5dfe622e17613feca11b9bc67c0cfa54.336x252x126.gif

BUMP! For all your noob question delights!

How many threads a week should I start if I have limited intentions of listening to what is said?

How many threads a week should I start if I have limited intentions of listening to what is said?
Minimum of 3x12 per day for gains.

Can someone custom tailor a program for me?

Oh yeah, I can't squat or deadlift because I have a bad back. I also need to use dumbbells because I don't want to get a gym membership. And it needs to be body weight focused. And it should make me able to survive the zombie apocalypse. Also make sure it hits my stabilizer muscles. And I don't want to get too big, just toned.

Can someone custom tailor a program for me?

Oh yeah, I can't squat or deadlift because I have a bad back. I also need to use dumbbells because I don't want to get a gym membership. And it needs to be body weight focused. And it should make me able to survive the zombie apocalypse. Also make sure it hits my stabilizer muscles. And I don't want to get too big, just toned.
day 1: (hypertrophy day)
barbell curls 5x8-20
*power rack curls 5x8-20
*squat rack 21s 5x8-20
power cheat curls 10x5-8 (okay to lose form on rep 2 onwards)
flat bench press 5x8-12
weighted crunches 5x8-15

day 2 (heavy day)
barbell curls 5x8-20
*power rack curls 5x8-20
*squat rack 21s 5x8-20
DB kickbacks 5x8-12
subway train pullups in front of everyone on rushhour 5x5 (reps only count if people are looking)

day 3 (legs)
lolololol @ legs, only cans do legs

day 4 (delts that make the ladies melt)
cheat power cleans 5x5
1" DB shrugs (as fast as you can, aim for 50 reps in 10 seconds, do 4 sets)
power lateral raises 5x3 (this is for power, so go heavy, its okay to swing)
OHP 5x8 (be sure to arc your back, make it look like a powerlifting standing bench press)

*=supersets

Hope this helps

day 1: (hypertrophy day)
barbell curls 5x8-20
*power rack curls 5x8-20
*squat rack 21s 5x8-20
flat bench press 5x8-12
weighted crunches 5x8-15

day 2 (heavy day)
barbell curls 5x8-20
*power rack curls 5x8-20
*squat rack 21s 5x8-20
DB kickbacks 5x8-12
subway train pullups in front of everyone on rushhour 5x5 (reps only count if people are looking)

day 3 (legs)
lolololol @ legs, only cans do legs

day 4 (delts that make the ladies melt)
cheat power cleans 5x5
1" DB shrugs (as fast as you can, aim for 50 reps in 10 seconds, do 4 sets)
power lateral raises 5x3 (this is for power, so go heavy, its okay to swing)
OHP 5x8 (be sure to arc your back, make it look like a powerlifting standing bench press)

*=supersets

Hope this helps
Wow! Hilarious!

Wow! Hilarious!
Its a real routine for serious lifters looking for serious gainz like:
  • pecs that guarantee sex
  • bicep peak that makes a woman's knees go weak
  • steel tris that steal wives
  • guns that turn on nuns
  • dlets that make ladies melt
its no joke

*CAN SOME OF THE EXPERIENCED GUYS PLEASE CRITIQUE MY PROGRAM*

34 years old. 190 pounds. Diet about 2200 calories/day. Eat fairly clean with approx 190g Protein/140g Carb/75g Fat each day. Just want some advice about training program. NOTE, that I have pars defect at L4/5 with spondy and annular disc tear at same level with disc bulge so don't don't flame too hard for no squat/deadlift.
My goals are obviously rehab back injury as well as add strength/muscle. Apart from below program I also do Pilates twice a week to try and build core strength.

Monday.
Goblet squats 5 x 10
Barbell curl 5 x 10
Split Squats 4 x 10
Hamstring Curls 4 x 10

Tuesday.
Chest Press 5 x 5
Incline Chest Press 5 x 10
Machine Fly's 4 x 10
Close Grip Bench 4 x 10

Thursday
Weighted Pull Ups 5 x 5
Bent over rows 5 x 10
Preacher Curl 5 x 10
Wide-grip Chin Ups 5 x 5

Friday
Shoulder Press 5 x 5
Dips 5 x 8
Machine Shoulder Press 4 x 10
Lunges 4 x 10

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks guys..

You can't deadlift or squat, but in your program you have....

GOBLET SQUAT
SPLIT SQUATS
HAMSTRING CURL
LUNGES

For some reason, I don't believe that you can't squat.

If you can take a shit, you can squat

Is it worth doing, or do I need a bench for best results?

I'll bite on the troll thead just in case someone really wants to know.

If you don't have a bench but you have dumbells, there's a couple of options.

You could make or buy something that will work as a bench for super cheap. You could buy a bench of some sort from various places for under $100 easily. You could probably find a beat up bench in Craigslist or online. This is your best option because you can just do real dumbell press and other exercises that a bench allows.

You could build one. I've built a bench befoe with some plywood and it's pretty simple. I've even made a squat rack from a few boards and it's easily held 600lbs. There are simple bench plans available online that'll give you a solid step by step guide. You'll have to go to Home Depot and buy wood and supplies to make it, but you can custom size it to you specifically. You can even have them make the cuts for you if you tell them the sizes. I built my squat rack in like fifteen minutes and it's great. You can definitely build one with a little bit of work. This is your second best option. It'll be cheaper than a real one, but the quality is up to how hard you work on it. It'll definitely do the job though.

The last option is to just go without a bench. You could do dumbell floor press, but there are probably better exercises you can do with your time. I would probably prioritize standing dumbbell press, 1-sided dumbell snatchs, pushup with dumbell on back, pushup, incline/decline pushup and variations of that before I did prone dumbell press. It just has a crap range of motion and you might as well just dedicate a few months cycles working on a standing dumbell press while saving for a bench.

Its a real routine for serious lifters looking for serious gainz like:
  • pecs that guarantee sex
  • bicep peak that makes a woman's knees go weak
  • steel tris that steal wives
  • guns that turn on nuns
  • dlets that make ladies melt
its no joke
What about the side lat sweep to make the bitches weep?

if you add pushups, standing press (1 or 2 arm) and/or can do dips on chairs or something, then you can do some bridge press with dumbbells on the floor which is better than nothing. but i would recommend doing the pushups with extra weight. higly underestimated exercise imo.

D-bell OHP, push-up variations, and dips is what I'd be doing in absence of a bench.

Back