Bellator 149 - shamrock vs gracie... again...

Anyone like a bet on Shamrock?
He should be stronger and better standing up, and Royce has no wrestling.
He only got Shamrock down in their first fight because he went for the ankle lock.

If he sprawls and brawls or stays in the guard, he should win.
But then again, Shamrock is about as inconsistent as Bob Sapp, and Royce will probably be pretty focused.

Royce is fighting for a pay cheque - I read not long ago he has been declared bankrupt or something along those lines.

So he'll be extra motivated to get that win bonus money, hey? ;)

Honestly: I kinda feel that Ken has less than 60 seconds of effective energy/mobility and I don't think he'll finish Royce in 60 seconds.
Even if he ends up on top and just lies there (Royce was never exactly mr active from the bottom) - ironically, I think standups and rounds will be Gracie's friend there.
Although exactly what Royce is gonna do when it gets stood up, I dunno... I just think Ken will have nothing left, very quickly. (well, Schilling says Royce is a beast on his feet now if you believe that :D)

Disclaimer: When Royce fought Hughes I also thought Royce might be able to make a go of it.
The guy running the MMA class at the time just shook his head when I asked him about the then-upcoming fight (he was a Hughes fan) :D
anyway: 0.5u on Royce :cool: to get me the keys to the Rolls ( :rolleyes: )

Why is everyone on the o1.5 for ken/royce? not that im sold either way just wondering the reasoning.

In my thinking ken could either starch gracie early on with punches, or... ken gasses out after an initial flurry and, they end up on the ground and Royce works his way to a dominant position and gets a sub. I know royce is old but the way ken blew that RNC on kimbo has me thinking his ground game might be a big weakness now

Isn't Ken going to be much larger than Royce?

Why is everyone on the o1.5 for ken/royce? not that im sold either way just wondering the reasoning.

In my thinking ken could either starch gracie early on with punches, or... ken gasses out after an initial flurry and, they end up on the ground and Royce works his way to a dominant position and gets a sub. I know royce is old but the way ken blew that RNC on kimbo has me thinking his ground game might be a big weakness now
I think maybe some are giving too much credence to the possibility of ken winning by KO. Dude has never had much KO power, he's old as fuck now and watching him hit pads is cringeworthy. Also, Royce is notoriously tough and prideful.

As Oblivian said, ken will be much bigger when vs Kimbo he was significantly smaller so that should help a bit with cardio, at least for a round a half.

I think the only way this ends in under 1.5 rounds is a Ken KO, which isn't super likely. I see value in the over for sure, even at the new line of -120. Considering a smallish play on "fight goes the distance" as well depending on what that line will be

i basically don't think they're capable of finishing anyone (royce-shammy)

I once saw Royce at a local Lifetime fitness...he was by himself running on the tred. Went up to him and quickly said hi I'm a huge fan yada yada...played basketball for at least two hours. When I left, he was still running.

For this reason I will put a nostalgic degen bet on Royce. This fight shouldn't be happening. ...

Last edited:
Anyone like a bet on Shamrock?
He should be stronger and better standing up, and Royce has no wrestling.
He only got Shamrock down in their first fight because he went for the ankle lock.

If he sprawls and brawls or stays in the guard, he should win.
But then again, Shamrock is about as inconsistent as Bob Sapp, and Royce will probably be pretty focused.

no way i'd lay the juice here

if either guy gasses I could see the other one finishing with pillow strikes from top position

so how are we feeling about sanchez vs pineda? prolly gonna be a fun scrap.

sanchez has been makin me $$$$ lately, this is an interesting scrap, tho. pineda finally back in there w/some good opposition

so how are we feeling about sanchez vs pineda? prolly gonna be a fun scrap.

sanchez has been makin me $$$$ lately, this is an interesting scrap, tho. pineda finally back in there w/some good opposition
Don't feel comfortable making a pick on this one, but lean Sanchez to avoid the ground and outscrap Pineda. Probably just play the over.

no way i'd lay the juice here

LOL I am. Not big or anything but as shot as Ken is at least he's been fighting. Royce hasn't been in a real fight in 8 freaking years. Training and sparring gets you so much, then you actually have to be in a live fight and get hit and not react poorly. It's been so long for Royce he's almost starting over. Plus he's 50 years old or whatever. He could take one glancing shot from Ken and go into a shell and turtle for all we know. Like I said, Ken is clearly an old man and completely shot, but I still think he has more to offer than Royce at this point.

Like I said though there's no way I'm putting much on this one. 1.25u on Ken at -185 and I'm done, wouldn't add unless somehow Ken reached dog odds.

LOL Kimbo/Dada under 1.5 now -485 and climbing.

lol holy sh*t you're right... thought it was tonight.

Back