Bellator 151 Thread

bubba grapples = bubba loses, imo.

and as you said the standup should be close.
Idk. Thats def the big question mark. On one hand, Goiti appears to be an amazing grappler, and Bubba has struggled with solid sub attempts. But on the other hand, Jenkins is one of the best wrestlers in the sport, and by far the best grappler Goiti has faced himself. Kobayashi is a boxer, so no surprise Goiti looked so good on the mat.

An argument can be made either way, but for this fight to be anyone's biggest bet of the year is a bit much imo.

Idk. Thats def the big question mark. On one hand, Goiti appears to be an amazing grappler, and Bubba has struggled with solid sub attempts. But on the other hand, Jenkins is one of the best wrestlers in the sport, and by far the best grappler Goiti has faced himself. Kobayashi is a boxer, so no surprise Goiti looked so good on the mat.

An argument can be made either way, but for this fight to be anyone's biggest bet of the year is a bit much imo.

the year isn't that old. we're two months in. if he feels confident in the line, why shouldn't he bet it big?

the year isn't that old. we're two months in. if he feels confident in the line, why shouldn't he bet it big?
His money his choice, just my opinion. Too many questions without answers to go super hard, and the things we do know could make this very close. A strategy as simple as Bubba staying away from the mat makes this scary.

His money his choice, just my opinion. Too many questions without answers to go super hard, and the things we do know could make this very close. A strategy as simple as Bubba staying away from the mat makes this scary.

two things

1: goiti showed even as recently as last fight: he'll pull guard

2: bubba might take him down, anyway. especially if he doesn't like getting body kicked

two things

1: goiti showed even as recently as last fight: he'll pull guard

2: bubba might take him down, anyway. especially if he doesn't like getting body kicked
True, but Isao embraced him on the ground from what I remember instead of actively trying to get up, and Isao is a pocket boxer which makes pulling guard easier. Jenkins has shown an ability to work at range, its arguably where he had the most success vs Parsons.

Its an intriguing fight. I kind of hope Bubba takes him down. The most shocking part of Bubba's development to me is that hes one of the more decorated wrestlers in the sport, yet hes so damn prone to subs lol. If he can get past that problem, he can be a real force in the division. The potential of both of these guys is high, one of my most anticipated fights of the weekend for sure.

So ummm. When is the right time to pull the trigger on Warren... He's currently +300. I like Caldwell to win this fight, but cmon...

So ummm. When is the right time to pull the trigger on Warren... He's currently +300. I like Caldwell to win this fight, but cmon...

wait for decision props, maybe? idk

i can't settle on a play on any fight outside of the yamauchi one, either. hoping to get some good props on friday (well, hopefully sooner, but sometimes bellator props go up on fight night only)

wait for decision props, maybe? idk

i can't settle on a play on any fight outside of the yamauchi one, either. hoping to get some good props on friday (well, hopefully sooner, but sometimes bellator props go up on fight night only)
Yeah, i'm waiting on the decision prop. Same sentiments, I like Caldwell to win, but all the value is in Warren by dec

Caldwell -270 to -360
Yamauchi +100 to -170
Kakai -210 to -360

All gotten hammered since openers

Omgwithin 5 mins more:
Caldwell -390
Yamauchi -200

I might have to pull the trigger on Warren soon. Regardless of his DEC line

It's so drastic that I'm wondering if the books are just trying to get some action on those underdogs and then they'll drop

wish i had kakai -210! i have 4u goiti about even $ net
Jeez. I wish I had that much on Goiti. I basically had the rest of my bankroll (65%) tied up yesterday for Super Tuesday, so when all those props and Bellator lines opened I had to ration out my bets smaller than usual :(. At least I profited 9.5u from it

this is a decent appetizer for the nate/conor fight the next day. another good weekend of fights. looking forward to Goiti and I wonder if Wanderlei will make an appearance

Back