Bellator 158 - Daley vs Lima - London

not so much.. Lima dont wrestle much and Daley has pretty good tdd as far as i remember
Daley has really bad takedown defense. It's just that he's not had to use it for years. I'd have to watch more tape.

Altho woodley did wrestlefuck him eventually he had a tough time getting daley down at first if memory serves me right

Some oli vids on youtube too late now anyhow im big on mitrione!

Never seen Ladbrokes offer Bellator props before. Good stuff.

Ive only bet as im going normally avoid Bellator!

Mitrione has constantly faced much better comp this is a step down for him oli isnt great. And does a knockdown a month ago really mean hes more susceptible to being knocked out here...i dont know. But obviously its hw's so its a concern of course.

Considering daley here but not seen lima anyone give me a bd pls?

So much juice and no underdogs I like.

RFA is tonight but no lines right?
Fun fact: Sklavos was supposed to be stopped by TJ Dillashaw in their MMA debuts but lasted to a decision.

Considering daley here but not seen lima anyone give me a bd pls?

From MY perspective, daley has been really active and his confidence is riding high. 8-0 in mma and kb since lima last won a fight against Rick hawn, albeit Daley hasn't been fighting the best mma competition over that stretch.

Lima can grapple a little, but he doesn't use it much -- so this is pretty much striker vs striker.

Lima has had a lot of success tearing people up with his outside leg kicks. He is a tall welterweight with a sharp 1-2 and power in his hands.

Lima looked awful against koreshkov in his last fight a year ago -- even on the feet, although he did get laid on for the majority of the fight. Lima has been dealing with a knee injury that he claims nearly ended his career. After the koreshkov fight he had stem cell therapy on the knee and now claims it is at full strength, but who knows.

I just think daley is the better, more active striker here -- whose confidence is very high right now and is fighting in his home country.

He was originally supposed to be fighting koscheck on this card before he pulled out, so I am expecting a paul daley that will be prepared to grapple a little bit If need be.

I think daley takes the center of the cage and walks Lima down for the majority of the fight. I really don't see him losing a decision here, unless it is blatantly obvious.

As far as chins go, daley was KOd by Diaz in 2011, but Steve Carl also had douglas lima doing a serious stanky leg in round 1 of their fight around the same time.

It should be a very fun fight. I love daley at his current price.

Whats limas wrestling like? When did we last see it?

He got wrestled by koreshkov and ben askren. Defensively it is alright, solid looking sprawl, but once he is on his back he does not have much ability to get back up.

He never really shows any offensive wrestling. He is pretty much always the more dangerous striker than his opponent.

lima doesn't need to wrestle here. he's going to wreck daley with leg kicks and straights. he's way bigger and he hits harder.. his defense is excellent.

I could certainly be wrong here because I'm not familiar with everyone lima has fought, but I THINK the best striker Lima has ever beaten is Ben Saunders.

Paul Daley asked for this fight when Koscheck pulled out. The two were supposed to fight a couple of year's ago, but Lima pulled out with the knee.

Last edited:
Thats a big call Ez to say he hits harder than daley...

money is where my mouth is!

i am concerned with the fight being in london. i am concerned with the layoff. otherwise, i give lima advantages across the board besides maybe overall boxing.

Don't understand how people like Douglas Lima are able to make 170.

I want to bet the over but Daley has said he plans on making it a short night.

If Lima grapples he should pick up a decision.

I've never heard a cocky striker planning on making it a long night, so that comment shouldn't affect the way you bet in the slightest.

And that Venom/Cyborg moment at the weigh-in was gold. What a way to troll someone. :D

Back