Bellator 162 - Shlemenko vs Grove - Memphis

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-162-Shlemenko-vs-Grove-54911

529a0635ff4b4364a69c79b5d436af94.png

this is the only relevant MMA we have for the next 3 weekends... we have a bellator on 11/4 (night before UFC returns on 11/5).. hope we get some good spots here...

Kevin Fergusen Jr? Kimbo Slice's kid at 0-0 vs another guy with no pro fights? Okay...

I wonder if Scott Coker will sign that POS Greg Hardy now that he's decided to try MMA since no NFL teams will sign him? On one hand, I don't want to see him earn another dime. On the other hand, I'd love to see him get absolutely starched by a legit HW. Or any HW for that matter...

i wonder if grove will be a tantalising dog?

lashley gonna be roided to the grills as usual.

Even this is a week out ! Cruel Mma gods

Even this is a week out ! Cruel Mma gods

Yep, it's pretty agonizing, but on the plus side we have 10 UFC events alone in November & December if I'm not mistaken.

Shlemenko was very fortunate to win his last fight. Vasilevsky was grinding him and Shelemenko gassed out badly by the end of the second. Luckily for Shlemenko Vasilevsky gave up his neck for a guillotine choke.

Although I don't think Grove will be able to grind like that and the fight is only 3 rounds.

Shlemenko was very fortunate to win his last fight. Vasilevsky was grinding him and Shelemenko gassed out badly by the end of the second. Luckily for Shlemenko Vasilevsky gave up his neck for a guillotine choke.

Although I don't think Grove will be able to grind like that and the fight is only 3 rounds.

thx, vkram.. didn't realize storm had any fights post bellator / roid suspension.. let alone two!

I am thinking of Grove.He seems to be in better shape, he was also successful at lhw.I can see Grove wining it using his range, maybe submitting Shlemenko

Surprised there's been no talk at all today about this card.
Just looking through and seeing who I think I will pick to win. I'm iffy on Couture the way he got knocked out by Pitbull

How is Kato gonna look? And finally how are the final 2 fights gonna play out?

This looks like a fun little card. Wonder if there will be any lines on the Kimbo JR fight?

Just looking through and seeing who I think I will pick to win. I'm iffy on Couture the way he got knocked out by Pitbull

How is Kato gonna look? And finally how are the final 2 fights gonna play out?

This looks like a fun little card. Wonder if there will be any lines on the Kimbo JR fight?

Waiting for lines !

Idk on kimbo jr but I don't think so

In the midst of this current UFC drought, I'm looking forward to this card, plus Glory & boxing this weekend. One of the weaknesses of this open forum though, is that some people don't want to comment about the upcoming card for what I consider kind of a far fetched fear of influencing the linemakers with their comments. So quite a few days or a week plus will sometimes go by wasted with barely any discussion at all until the lines get released and then it's a scramble on short notice. I think these are some interesting matchups on Bellator 162 with a decent undercard. Not sure how many prelims we'll actually get but I know quite a few of the preliminary fighters. Doubt we'll get lines on them.

For the main card, it's important to note that Goiti Yamauchi is coming up from featherweight to lightweight to take on Ryan Couture, a move that he says is permanent due to him growing. Couture got KOed last fight, and he's not a big 155er so I don't think a size difference will be too huge. We'll see at the weigh-ins at 6 PM EDT Thursday. In a battle of two submission artists and with Couture coming off of a KO loss to Pitbull, I have to lean Yamauichi who I also think is the more accomplished grappler with more varied submissions. Not sure yet how the lines will open though.

For the next two bouts I'm leaning Kato over Matthews by KO or decision and Lashley over Appelt also by KO or decision and the lines will probably reflect them both as favorites. No way either one is a lock though, far from it.

In the main event, this is one of those spots where I would love to root for Kendall Grove especially as a decent sized underdog. He's been fighting smarter recently using his reach and jabs which he finally learned to put to good effect dozens of fights into his career. He's much taller than the Russian and bigger overall, but he doesn't have a Tito Ortiz or Brandon Halsey takedown and smothering game which Shlemenko is susceptible to. If Shlemenko doesn't gas like he did in one of his recent fights in Russia- a real concern which I hope never rears its ugly head again- I think he'll close the distance and connect with Grove's long torso with kick or punches. A round 2 or 3 KO or decision seems likely to me unless Kendall fights him a totally different way than he has ever fought before. Shlemenko will surely be a favorite, the question is how much and do you want to pay the juice in his first fight back in the States since his PED suspension that got reduced form three years to one.

Personally, I am fully embracing this break lol it is much needed, especially with a busy stretch til the end of the year once we resume.

Don't get me wrong, i'll be betting this card, but waiting for lines before I let my brain go back to processing fights.

I was just wanting to get familiar with the 4 main card fight before the lines come out. I mean I know all 8 fighters, but just trying to think who will win the fights.

Actually not remembering who appelt is...anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back