Bellator 170: Tito vs Chael

Why are you guys deleting my posts? Are you that worried about talking about this?

How about an open discussion on what the reprecussions should be if you guys aren't playing bias. I bet everyone thinks Oblivian deserves yello
Just let it go. Who cares about yellows anyway. Neither of you guys should be banned so just carry on. Hopefully O has learned his lesson.

how much did chael train in those 3 years I wonder? not nearly as much as tito I'd bet.

Huge drop offs in performance and skill are a reality of this game, especially at his age, and especially after fighting most of your career at the top while on trt.
I'm honestrly thinking some ppl bought into his trash talk and let it effect their capping, but that's just speculation. I think general bettors did, I thought his line movement was obscure leading up to the fight, despite tito's clear advantages chael's price shortened a lot. obviously we can take that with a grain of salt as not a huge amount is wagered on bellator but still.

also not betting related, but chael is a dick, looked like he showed up for a paycheck,his gimmick looked so outdated last night, mcgergor has raised the bar in that regard, and he should rightly be eating shit today after some of the stuff he's said.

i think sonnen does something different from conor.. it's more of a pro wrestling shtick, meant to be taken less seriously, so to speak

i think sonnen does something different from conor.. it's more of a pro wrestling shtick, meant to be taken less seriously, so to speak

Chael is ironically self aware, so seeing the man behind the curtain doesn't interfere with his schtick.

Connor is still in a place where he has to force himself to believe his bullshit. That's why imo the only shit talking that has worked against him was when Nate Diaz said to him "you hope". It's very easy to dismiss someone insulting you, it's much harder to dismiss pure truth.

Last edited:
^^^^FFS, nobody will ever want to fight a Black British guy in Bellator again. Ever. That's 2 now...

man I just don't get all the fix talk, several posters have outright said they think it's fixed, yet no one has offered any evidence or reasons why.

are we really THIS surprised chael freaking sonnen got subbed... let alone by a much bigger dude who has consistently underrated jiu jitsu? while not having fought for 3+ years, and having all this other media/tv shows/podcasts/announcing stuff to do..

<{hughesimpress}>

i think shamrocks fights in bellator has made us all paranoid of these "freakshow" fights :)

i think shamrocks fights in bellator has made us all paranoid of these "freakshow" fights :)

yeah, also the variance in ppl's bellator results itt, myself included. paranoia cuts into value, that's how I try to look at it anyway. look at the ppl who hedged out on tito pre fight at worse odds.

seems like bellator are making a push to build up a lot of UK fighters, do they have shows planned here this year? could be good news for us euro guys with extra lines, maybe even live bet.

true, it just seems a bit pointless now, he's just putting more pressure on himself, and if the only reason he's doing it is to build up the fight, that shows me he cares more about the money than fighting.

Yeah the fix talk is an overreaction IMO. I dont think it was fixed and im not surprised that Chael got subbed but I am very surprised of how terrible he looked. A guy that had his first pro fight in 97 commits to a half guard guillotine and seemingly not even try to get into full guard neither in the transition or after. Especially stupid considering that the guy he's fightings main strenght is GNP on top.

It was stupid as hell to drop into guard for a guillotine against a guy like Tito. But Chael was probably coming into the fight with low confidence from being out of shape and off the sauce, so he took a shot at a quick win and when it didn't work out he folded like he often does.

Ooooh so give him infractions but not you for continuing it, yet again? Who is the repeat offender here again?

Like I said, lets drop it and move on. Were trying to be cool here. If you want to keep on bitching we will dish out the infractions, but youre the one thats closer to a ban. So your choice.

To be fair. Oblivian is constantly stirring shit up and insulting others in an underhanded way. He also won't let shit go. I think it's fairly obvious that people put up with it because of his tenure. You guys can just keep scolding and banning people he gets into it with or maybe you can actually read the crap he posts. And when he's dead wrong on shit after insulting people there is no my bad or I fucked up I apologize. He just goes onto the next stupid argumsent.

You guys have let him go to long without anyy warnings. It's not right. The guy drove me out of 1 forum that I contributed a lot to. And honestly if I keep seeing this I'll bail here also

It was stupid as hell to drop into guard for a guillotine against a guy like Tito. But Chael was probably coming into the fight with low confidence from being out of shape and off the sauce, so he took a shot at a quick win and when it didn't work out he folded like he often does.

Pretty much.

To be fair. Oblivian is constantly stirring shit up and insulting others in an underhanded way. He also won't let shit go. I think it's fairly obvious that people put up with it because of his tenure. You guys can just keep scolding and banning people he gets into it with or maybe you can actually read the crap he posts. And when he's dead wrong on shit after insulting people there is no my bad or I fucked up I apologize. He just goes onto the next stupid argumsent.

You guys have let him go to long without anyy warnings. It's not right. The guy drove me out of that I contributed a lot to. And honestly if I keep seeing this I'll bail here also

Lol I can't let it go? I haven't even thought about this since I went to bed last night. Glad I've been occupying your thoughts for so long. And I drove you away from the thread? I honestly don't even remember you posting until fairly recently. I will tell you for sure that a lot of old regulars have left, and they've said it's because of a lot of the new posters.

You won't find a single infraction or dubs on my account. It's for a reason. Anytime that I'm a dick or asshole, it's with someone who has been that way for a while and has a history with it. That's how it is with Budden. He's the same guy who called people illogical who bet on Gall and goes on and on about it. The same guy who randomly called out multiple people after the Lauzon/Held decision when his comments on that fight were way off. Exactly what you are accusing me of is what Budden does.

Was I escalating things last night. Sure, but Budden escalates equally at all times. I just kept going with it because I knew he'd keep going even after I went to bed and get close to getting himself banned. Stupid and immature move on my part and apologies for that. Like I said, I've moved on and really haven't thought about it until I logged on. I had enough of a hangover this morning and other shit to take care of to really give a shit until now.

Lol I can't let it go? I haven't even thought about this since I went to bed last night. Glad I've been occupying your thoughts for so long. And I drove you away from the thread? I honestly don't even remember you posting until fairly recently. I will tell you for sure that a lot of old regulars have left, and they've said it's because of a lot of the new posters.

You won't find a single infraction or dubs on my account. It's for a reason. Anytime that I'm a dick or asshole, it's with someone who has been that way for a while and has a history with it. That's how it is with Budden. He's the same guy who called people illogical who bet on Gall and goes on and on about it. The same guy who randomly called out multiple people after the Lauzon/Held decision when his comments on that fight were way off. Exactly what you are accusing me of is what Budden does.

Was I escalating things last night. Sure, but Budden escalates equally at all times. I just kept going with it because I knew he'd keep going even after I went to bed and get close to getting himself banned. Stupid and immature move on my part and apologies for that. Like I said, I've moved on and really haven't thought about it until I logged on. I had enough of a hangover this morning and other shit to take care of to really give a shit until now.

So you don't remember PMing me in the past that you know you're a dick and an asshole but u don't care?

Look, u don't even realize u talk down to people. And the fact u have no dubs means jack shit. Says more about the mods then anything.

And lol. U don't remember insulting people who disagreed with your theory that Hillary @ -300 was the bet of the year and had great value

So you don't remember PMing me in the past that you know you're a dick and an asshole but u don't care?

Look, u don't even realize u talk down to people. And the fact u have no dubs means jack shit. Says more about the mods then anything.

And lol. U don't remember insulting people who disagreed with your theory that Hillary @ -300 was the bet of the year and had great value
Appreciate you having the balls to say something. This PUO mod taunted me in a PM over this, like wtf man. The bias is clear as day and it isnt right.

Back