Bellator 170: Tito vs Chael

What an inane post.

Except this event is over, its purpose accomplished. There is no need for you to continue reading it if you dont want to but dont feel like it. Except you wanna feel like someone who knows better so you post. Definition of a poser.

Not directed at anyone but:

I wish we had a rule where we can keep the poltics in the political thread. It just gets everyone too heated. I already hear about it from the GF every 5 minutes.

I'm only bringing it up to show Oblivion how he insults people. But he doesn't even realize he does it. Oh well, fuck it

I'm just amazed a few people condone his behavior. But then again some condoned Jack Scrapper also.

Come on Quincy. The foolish thing was insulting those that disagreed Hillary had value at -300. If u didn't see the insults then ok

i never participated on the thread until the day of the election so dont know the whole story or what position oblivian had

obviously he was right though as i do remember trump going off as a +500 right before the voting took place. iirc, trump actually got as high as +700 on betfair the day of

i never participated on the thread until the day of the election so dont know the whole story or hat position oblivian had

obviously he was right though as i do remember trump going off as a +500 right before the voting took place. iirc, trump actually got as high as +700 on betfair.
Dude stop. He said Hillary had value, massive value at -300. The fact he hedged doesn't mean he was right. And he never spoke of hedging beforehand

Quincy, if u screamed rock hold had value at -1000 against bisping. But u hedged live. Would that mean u were right that rock hold had value?

Appreciate you having the balls to say something. This PUO mod taunted me in a PM over this, like wtf man. The bias is clear as day and it isnt right.
Yea. He came at me when Oblivion and I got into it in the political forum. Have no idea how he even knew we were going at it. It was weird

@SBJJ

I think some things are being hashed out here that might be healthy. And some valid points made.

But it's been proven through research that when people talk about politics that they feel as threatened as when they are in physical danger. I just think we should keep that stuff in one thread since it so volatile.

Objectively, people's political views are irrelevant to fight capping.

Oblivian, you have good insight when it comes to mma capping and i wouldnt dis you for betting small $ amounts. To each his own when it comes to bet sizes. However, you are pretty consistently inflammatory and rude. Just my 2c.

@SBJJ

I think some things are being hashed out here that might be healthy. And some valid points made.

But it's been proven through research that when people talk about politics that they feel as threatened as when they are in physical danger. I just think we should keep that stuff in one thread since it so volatile.

Objectively, people's political views are irrelevant to fight capping.

But I'm not bringing up politics per se. I'm just bringing up that the guy was incredibly rude to 2 people that questioned his stance on value. Even when I tried to reason with him that value was subjective. Which most of this shit is.

U know me man. U know I've lost huge bets and not got heated like this. There is a legit reason I'm heated here. I just don't think this is right. I could be wrong but I'm confident here.

But yea, LOL at how heated I'm getting

why would someone make a fool of themselves if they hedged(middled or freerolled) a -300 with a +500?

only reason im commenting is that i participated on that election thread, having never bet on politics before, and the swings were incredible that night

the swings were ridiculous because the lines were based on information that was clearly wrong and did not represent value in the slightest, and quite a few ppl just disregarded the evidence to the contrary and approached their bets as if it was business as usual in the election process. the polls were broken, and with the media distortion, it was a complete shitshow. add to that the fact that it was the most bet upon event in history resulted in those crazy swings. ppl bet over 110 million on betfair exchange alone. it was clear for a while that it was a black swan event and that it should be approached in a different way.

i never participated on the thread until the day of the election so dont know the whole story or what position oblivian had

obviously he was right though as i do remember trump going off as a +500 right before the voting took place. iirc, trump actually got as high as +700 on betfair the day of

he hit like +1100 or maybe even like +1400 when the first results came in from florida. I'm still bitter about missing that in play...was too busy looking at the state markets.

But I'm not bringing up politics per se. I'm just bringing up that the guy was incredibly rude to 2 people that questioned his stance on value. Even when I tried to reason with him that value was subjective. Which most of this shit is.

U know me man. U know I've lost huge bets and not got heated like this. There is a legit reason I'm heated here. I just don't think this is right. I could be wrong but I'm confident here.

But yea, LOL at how heated I'm getting

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Think some good points were made by you and jb, I think everyone should be treated equally. Oblivian I did see apologize at one point, feels like it might be going in circles now tho.

Politics is dangerous imo (i know you aren't talking about it per se, but it's problems have bled into here) and rule of thumb I think we try to keep that stuff to one thread.

Last edited:
the swings were ridiculous because the lines were based on information that was clearly wrong and did not represent value in the slightest, and quite a few ppl just disregarded the evidence to the contrary and approached their bets as if it was business as usual in the election process. the polls were broken, and with the media distortion, it was a complete shitshow. add to that the fact that it was the most bet upon event in history resulted in those crazy swings. ppl bet over 110 million on betfair exchange alone. it was clear for a while that it was a black swan event and that it should be approached in a different way.

he hit like +1100 or maybe even like +1400 when the first results came in from florida. I'm still bitter about missing that in play...was too busy looking at the state markets.

the +700 was before any voting took place. i remember this because i had a lot at stake regarding the value on the peso should hillary have won

Quincy, if u screamed rock hold had value at -1000 against bisping. But u hedged live. Would that mean u were right that rock hold had value?

we are not talking about live betting. we are talking about the fact that oblivian said hillary had value at -300 and trump got as high as +700 before the voting took place for an absolutely incredible middle

the +700 was before any voting took place. i remember this because i had a lot at stake regarding the value on the peso should hillary have won

yeah i remember I was just reminiscing about that live bet price. that doesn't take away from my earlier points in the slightest.

we are not talking about live betting. we are talking about the fact that oblivian said hillary had value at -300 and trump got as high as +700 before the voting took place for an absolutely incredible middle

1 represented good vaue 1 represented terrible value. the hedge is irrelevant to the point, the initial bet and reasoning was flawed.

edit: in fact if i remember correctly the price he took wasn't even the best price around at the time, I know maybe he couldn't get them but it's ironic considering all the "value" talk

Well you obviously give a fuck what the mods think as you keep going on about it.
Correct, I give a fuck about whats right. Mods being biased toward you isn't right, its bullshit.

Especially when part of that bias is someone like EZ lying about me, posting about me being equally to blame when EVERYONE disagreed with that last night and said you were. But as soon as I point that out my posts are deleted cause censorship >>> discussion I guess, fuck the nearly double digit amount of people who said you were at fault. Lets just use MOD powers to act like JB is causing trouble as always and put that lie out there to people and delete his posts trying to spark discussion. Real nice use of power.

At least something good came of this, now that a handful of people have called out and/or noticed the MOD bias. Hopefully it encourages people to read through things instead of letting EZ paint this false narrative about me through his post and censorship, and hopefully people keep an eye on this PUO guy who doesn't even care about hiding his bias when he taunts me in PMs

Last edited:
I'm loving the irony of this. Budden's critique of me starting this entire argument bringing up the way Budden acted on Held/Lauzon. SBJJ, his big supporter, is bringing up the Hillary/Trump bet which is the exact same concept. Furthermore, Budden's big critique of me has been that I'm too old at 34 to be getting in arguments with someone in his 20's on the forum. SBJJ is 43 years old spending his entire Sunday afternoon debating the merits of an argument that he wasn't even originally apart of.

These betting threads used to be about people sharing their bets and explaining their logic. There were rarely people going back and forth saying "you are a shitty bettor" or "anyone betting the other side is illogical". There also weren't people claiming "I'm a betting savage" or "the best bettor on Sherdog". The forum still has good information shared, but there is a direct correlation to when Budden started becoming a regular poster and all of the arguments. Have I escalated that? Definitely, I'm guilty of it. When I'm condescending, it's typically at people who are being condescending about other people's plays. The prime example would be something like Gall/Sage where Budden said anyone who bets Gall is illogical. Shit like that happens all of the time here now, and those are the times I normally jump in and act like a prick. The same thing happened last night with Budden and his supporters acting like anyone who thought that fight had a chance of being fixed is stupid. Ironically, HeDucking (almost guarantee he's a previous banned poster as well) said anyone who says that hasn't grappled in their life. Well a lot of pro fighters have come out and said it seemed like a complete fix to them.

Also, @SBJJ, I think it's hilarious how obsessed you still are with the political bet. I mistakenly said I hedged at +500, it was +700 when I posted it in the thread right at the time Trump was +700. I did think Hillary had value, and the back and forth with you and I started when you just couldn't understand why I was betting Hillary. It's exactly what I'm talking about in the above paragraph, so I did start being a prick to you. The funny thing is that you didn't come off well in that thread at all, as evidenced by several people telling you that as well. You are trying to paint a picture like I didn't admit that Hillary was a bad play, and literally that was my first post the day after the election and also congratulating the winners. I actually took the advice of many and that is why I hedged. I don't think many got butthurt about that thread. Waigurren (spelling?) certainly didn't and he was basically running that train. He PMed me later asking my opinion on Cole/Hirota.

Lastly, in regards to it being a fix, as someone who backed Chael, I can't even bitch about losing the bet because of that. People like PuertoRican and others pointed out prefight that if any fight could be fixed, it would be this one. It was something everyone should have considered pre-fight anyhow.

Multiple people tell you that you are part of the problem (literally double digits at this point), including non partisan parties with nothing at all against you like Lemonzest, but you still don't want to see that and just go off on me and SBJJ some more. Whatever man.

giphy.gif

I'm loving the irony of this. Budden's critique of me starting this entire argument bringing up the way Budden acted on Held/Lauzon. SBJJ, his big supporter, is bringing up the Hillary/Trump bet which is the exact same concept. Furthermore, Budden's big critique of me has been that I'm too old at 34 to be getting in arguments with someone in his 20's on the forum. SBJJ is 43 years old spending his entire Sunday afternoon debating the merits of an argument that he wasn't even originally apart of.

These betting threads used to be about people sharing their bets and explaining their logic. There were rarely people going back and forth saying "you are a shitty bettor" or "anyone betting the other side is illogical". There also weren't people claiming "I'm a betting savage" or "the best bettor on Sherdog". The forum still has good information shared, but there is a direct correlation to when Budden started becoming a regular poster and all of the arguments. Have I escalated that? Definitely, I'm guilty of it. When I'm condescending, it's typically at people who are being condescending about other people's plays. The prime example would be something like Gall/Sage where Budden said anyone who bets Gall is illogical. Shit like that happens all of the time here now, and those are the times I normally jump in and act like a prick. The same thing happened last night with Budden and his supporters acting like anyone who thought that fight had a chance of being fixed is stupid. Ironically, HeDucking (almost guarantee he's a previous banned poster as well) said anyone who says that hasn't grappled in their life. Well a lot of pro fighters have come out and said it seemed like a complete fix to them.

Also, @SBJJ, I think it's hilarious how obsessed you still are with the political bet. I mistakenly said I hedged at +500, it was +700 when I posted it in the thread right at the time Trump was +700. I did think Hillary had value, and the back and forth with you and I started when you just couldn't understand why I was betting Hillary. It's exactly what I'm talking about in the above paragraph, so I did start being a prick to you. The funny thing is that you didn't come off well in that thread at all, as evidenced by several people telling you that as well. You are trying to paint a picture like I didn't admit that Hillary was a bad play, and literally that was my first post the day after the election and also congratulating the winners. I actually took the advice of many and that is why I hedged. I don't think many got butthurt about that thread. Waigurren (spelling?) certainly didn't and he was basically running that train. He PMed me later asking my opinion on Cole/Hirota.

Lastly, in regards to it being a fix, as someone who backed Chael, I can't even bitch about losing the bet because of that. People like PuertoRican and others pointed out prefight that if any fight could be fixed, it would be this one. It was something everyone should have considered pre-fight anyhow.

Lot of words with very little context. At this point nothing will get through to you. Once again, it's not you bro. It's everyone else.

Back