Bellator 225 Mitrione vs Kharitonov II

Was getting into the Kharitonov train, but after more research, I think i will go with Mitrione, hoping to get dog odds.

Mitrione Vs Sergei is ridiculously hard to predict, either guy could ko the other at any time. 50/50 fight that will probably look like a walk over for whoever wins it.

1737.png

Interesting that Big John is introducing the several Bellator fighters that weighed in at 165 and 175 pounds at the ceremonial weigh-ins not as catchweight bouts, but as Super Lightweights and specifically mentioning the "Super Welterweight division" for the David Rickels vs Yaroslav Amasov bout for example.

Interesting that Big John is introducing the several Bellator fighters that weighed in at 165 and 175 pounds at the ceremonial weigh-ins not as catchweight bouts, but as Super Lightweights and specifically mentioning the "Super Welterweight division" for the David Rickels vs Yaroslav Amasov bout for example.

It really is ridiculous that with MMA exploding in popularity and skill in the past couple decades, we still have the same 10-20 pounds between weight classes.

o/u 1.5 is basically even money for main event, do you guys like the under?

It really is ridiculous that with MMA exploding in popularity and skill in the past couple decades, we still have the same 10-20 pounds between weight classes.

Especially at 155/170 which are the most common weight classes with the deepest talent and loads of great fighters stuck between divisions.

I don’t know why Dana is too egotistical to address this point beyond being a dick to anybody who asks about it. Expansion of weight classes is a good sign for popularity of the sport. Glad Bellator is at least doing something about it.

1u Kharitonov +105
0.5u Kharitonov-Mitrione Under 1.5 -105

0.5u Rickels +325
1u Rickels-Amosov FGTD -137

4u Lara-Turner Over 2.5 +125
5u Lara-Turner FDGTD +100 - Freeroll to win about 1u on the FDGTD or if there's a finish in the last 2.5 minutes I'll be very happy and up 10u.

2u Newell-Bandejas -110
1u Newell - Belal Muhammad -110

Last edited:
o/u 1.5 is basically even money for main event, do you guys like the under?

For sure that has value imo. Would cap that -175ish. I think it's better than 50% it ends in round 1.

Bellator 225 Risk $1,162.51

Sergei Kharitonov (+115) vs Matt Mitrione $200.00 for $230.00
Sergei Kharitonov wins inside distance (+142) $50.00 for $71.00
Sergei Kharitonov/Matt Mitrione Under 1½ (-135) $135.01 for $100.01
Sergei Kharitonov/Matt Mitrione won't go 3 round distance (-355) $177.50 for $50.00

Alejandra Lara wins inside distance (-130) vs Taylor Turner $65.00 for $50.00

David Rickels/Yaroslav Amosov Over 2½ (-165) $330.00 for $200.00

Sabah Homasi (-205) vs Micah Terrill $205.00 for $100.00

For sure that has value imo. Would cap that -175ish. I think it's better than 50% it ends in round 1.

Much as I respect you, I disagree with this. In fact, if it wasn't for the futility in trying to get a handle on where both fighters are in terms of motivation and physical decline, and also how they will approach the fight, I would even have put a play on FGTD, which I'm not surprised was bet down from +325 to +250.

Kharitonov fights very cautiously against remotely dangerous opponents these days, and Mitrione might oblige him this time.

Much as I respect you, I disagree with this. In fact, if it wasn't for the futility in trying to get a handle on where both fighters are in terms of motivation and physical decline, and also how they will approach the fight, I would even have put a play on FGTD, which I'm not surprised was bet down from +325 to +250.

Kharitonov fights very cautiously against remotely dangerous opponents these days, and Mitrione might oblige him this time.

IDK, I think there's enough stacked up on the other side of it to take a shot on the under. Both guys are older HW's. Power still there (as it doesn't tend to go away) but chins generally in serious decline at this age. Even taking away the 2 NC's due to illegal blows, Kharitonov would go u1.5 in 6 of his last 7 fights. And yeah I realize that a lot of those were against way worse fighters than Matt, but Sergei will still stand and bang early on (evidenced by his fight with Nelson, who while on a steep decline is still dangerous with his power).

Also, I think in a fight like this where you had the NC nutshot right away the last time, it could go one of two ways. Both guys could come out ultra aggressive so that they get a definitive winner early, or both could be ultra cautious for a long time in the fight. It might honestly be a situation where BOTH predicting an early stoppage and that it goes the distance have merit. In other words, if it's gonna end itd, it's gonna be very early. But if it doesn't end within a round, there's a good chance it goes all the way to the bell. Not sure if that makes sense but it does in my head LOL.

Back