Bellator 239 Feb.21 Ed Ruth vs. Yaroslav Amosov Thackerville

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Ed Ruth (8-1 MMA, BMMA 8-1) is set to take on Yaroslav Amosov (22-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) in the Bellator 239 main event, the promotion announced Monday. In addition, Brandon Girtz(16-8 MMA, 8-6 BMMA) meets Myles Jury (17-5 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) in the lightweight co-feature.

Now thats a good fight, enough of the squash matches.

winner should be next in line for the title after Larkin

Not sure if casuals will watch this but it is indeed an even match.

hey, sometimes Bellator can do their matchmaking right, who would have thought. two legit prospects showcased on main event. surprised and very much looking forward to it.

I’m taking Amasov via 2nd round TKO or submission, he’s more experienced and has faced better competition.

Finally a good fight. No more squashmatches. This is a very intriguing fight between 2 good grapplers who have rapidly improving standup. Excited for this one.

Wow! Scott Coker and Rich Chou can still manage after 5 years of still giving MVP total squash matches, but manages to have all the other Welterweights fight each other, Ed Ruth vs Kiichi Kunimoto, Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amosov, Andrey Koreshkov vs Lorenz Larkin, Nieman Gracie vs Kiichi Kunimoto, thereby, eliminating each other, and manage to have MVP skate by fighting less than stellar opposition. Just Wow!

Great fight. This will probably be the next wrestler-heavy lineup. I expect Storley, Cotton, Fortune, Crutchmer, Vanderford, Anglickas, etc to all find their way onto this card.

Wow! Scott Coker and Rich Chou can still manage after 5 years of still giving MVP total squash matches, but manages to have all the other Welterweights fight each other, Ed Ruth vs Kiichi Kunimoto, Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amosov, Andrey Koreshkov vs Lorenz Larkin, Nieman Gracie vs Kiichi Kunimoto, thereby, eliminating each other, and manage to have MVP skate by fighting less than stellar opposition. Just Wow!

Jesus Christ, there is no pleasing you, this is a great fight. Forget about MVP, just enjoy the fight.

Jesus Christ, there is no pleasing you, this is a great fight. Forget about MVP, just enjoy the fight.
Jesus, how about Coker and Chou have MVP fight someone relevant in Bellator's Welterweight division instead of having all the other relevant Welterweights fighting each other, thereby, eliminating each other while making the path for MVP all the more easier. I never stated one word about Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amosov not being a good fight, so stop reading into my statement that clearly was not in it.

Jesus, how about Coker and Chou have MVP fight someone relevant in Bellator's Welterweight division instead of having all the other relevant Welterweights fighting each other, thereby, eliminating each other while making the path for MVP all the more easier. I never stated one word about Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amosov not being a good fight, so stop reading into my statement that clearly was not in it.

the intention of booking ruth vs amosov is not to clear the path for mvp, its just a fight that makes sense in the title picture. mvp is not in the title picture right now, he'll have to wait for his opportunity, perhaps mvp vs koreshkov would be the fight to make (hopefully).

I like this fight. A lot of disparate talent in this division, it's good to see them making a no-nonsense match up like this. I'm interested to see what they do next with Joey Davis (still a bit green) and Logan Storley (probably time for a real fight.)

Back