Bellator 239 Feb.21 Ed Ruth vs. Yaroslav Amosov Thackerville

Where did you read that? I was waiting for that one. Get Adam Keresh to replace him.
I’m Rudy’s striking coach.

keresh would be a fun fight but we spent 5 weeks preparing for a 6’8” grappling wiz.

Aaw men that sucks, Rudy is a fun fighter, is there any chance he is fighting anyone else?

Where did you read that? I was waiting for that one. Get Adam Keresh to replace him.

Aaw men that sucks, Rudy is a fun fighter, is there any chance he is fighting anyone else?
not that we’ve heard. He’s in shape, looking sharp and raring to fight so anything’s possible i suppose. At this level I’m not a fan of short notice fights though

I hear you, its a shame the fight s getting scrapped, hopefully it can get re-booked soon.

I’m Rudy’s striking coach.

keresh would be a fun fight but we spent 5 weeks preparing for a 6’8” grappling wiz.

They new Rudy would KO Mowrey!

Sucks For Rudy! Fight the guy Jake Hager just fought! He is like 6,6. He should get a do over due to Hagsers nut shots! Ask Bellator for that fight

Fucking great fights! Who is the "New Matchmaker" over at Bellasnore that put this card together? It's Not Rich, Coker, or the other guy.......Who ever put this card together you need a raise! Great stuff!

The good match making in this card is refreshing, there are very few mismatches and no can-crushing or old-guys matches. I hope this trend continues because you can also see better matchmaking on their Dublin card; not a lot of name value on the card but all evenly matched and interesting match ups. Also the March event is packed with very cool fights, a lot of prospects and this time they are not fighting people with losing records.

Last edited:
The good match making in this card is refreshing, there are very few mismatches and no can-crushing or old-guys matches. I hope this trend continues because you can also see better matchmaking on their Dublin card; not a lot of name value on the card but all evenly matched and interesting match ups. Also the March event is packed with very cool fights, a lot of prospects and this time they are not fighting people with losing records.
again my bias is showing because I have a very small part in his training, but Brent Primus deserves more shine. He’s better than folks give him credit

They new Rudy would KO Mowrey!

Sucks For Rudy! Fight the guy Jake Hager just fought! He is like 6,6. He should get a do over due to Hagsers nut shots! Ask Bellator for that fight
i want to assume the best, hard knocks 365 is a great camp. I’m frustrated because this is the second fighter from their camp I was supposed to corner against that fell through. I was in Lencioni’s corner when RvR missed weight by 10+ pounds and that fight was scrapped.

That RvR really was BS, I hope this Mowry thing is nothing serious because the kid has potential and was good evenly matched fight against Rudy.

i want to assume the best, hard knocks 365 is a great camp. I’m frustrated because this is the second fighter from their camp I was supposed to corner against that fell through. I was in Lencioni’s corner when RvR missed weight by 10+ pounds and that fight was scrapped.

hey man sucks about that fight, hopefully maybe something works out for you guys. Always pretty cool to have someone involved in actual pro MMA at fairly high level, which Bellator is, on Sherdog.

What do you think about the main event between Ruth and the ukranian guy?

again my bias is showing because I have a very small part in his training, but Brent Primus deserves more shine. He’s better than folks give him credit
I was really looking forward Primus vs Queally, I thought that fight had potential title implications. Bungard is a good replacement, although I was hoping for Soren Bak. I am not sure how much Bungard will get Prmus to title contention, though.

Primus doesnt get the love he deserves because he was inactive in past years, but if he can stay active this year, hopefully he can be in title contention soon.

hey man sucks about that fight, hopefully maybe something works out for you guys. Always pretty cool to have someone involved in actual pro MMA at fairly high level, which Bellator is, on Sherdog.

Amosov is the real deal, he will take the decision.

That RvR really was BS, I hope this Mowry thing is nothing serious because the kid has potential and was good evenly matched fight against Rudy.
He seemed like a good guy and I always try to be understanding about stuff like this. It’s the fight game, you can’t get mad or take it personally. Mowry is a tough guy and confident in his abilities. I was looking forward to the fight and also anxious about it at the same time which explains my job and life in a nutshell.

thanks man. I’ve been lurking and posting for a decade and in that time my career as a coach has sort of taken off, especially in the last few years. I’ve got a handful of Bellator fighters and one ufc athlete that is close to the end of their contract but pretty well known. As long as I don’t come on here and try to big dick everyone about who I am or what I do then it’s been a food environment to talk fights with people. I’ve met some great coaches, fans and fighters through the forums over the years.

I don’t have a dog in the fight for the main event. My whole life is consumed by training and working with people, scouting opponents and stuff like that so unless we might be fighting them anytime soon I generally just sit back and enjoy the fights without any thought or opinion.

I was really looking forward Primus vs Queally, I thought that fight had potential title implications. Bungard is a good replacement, although I was hoping for Soren Bak. I am not sure how much Bungard will get Prmus to title contention, though.

Primus doesnt get the love he deserves because he was inactive in past years, but if he can stay active this year, hopefully he can be in title contention soon.
. He hasn’t had enough fights to be taken seriously which is too bad. I can say from first hand experience that his calf kick against chandler wasn’t a fluke and none of his subs are either. It’s too bad that he’s going to have to get a highlight reel finish to get some attention. I really like the dude

He seemed like a good guy and I always try to be understanding about stuff like this. It’s the fight game, you can’t get mad or take it personally. Mowry is a tough guy and confident in his abilities. I was looking forward to the fight and also anxious about it at the same time which explains my job and life in a nutshell.
thanks man. I’ve been lurking and posting for a decade and in that time my career as a coach has sort of taken off, especially in the last few years. I’ve got a handful of Bellator fighters and one ufc athlete that is close to the end of their contract but pretty well known. As long as I don’t come on here and try to big dick everyone about who I am or what I do then it’s been a food environment to talk fights with people. I’ve met some great coaches, fans and fighters through the forums over the years.

I don’t have a dog in the fight for the main event. My whole life is consumed by training and working with people, scouting opponents and stuff like that so unless we might be fighting them anytime soon I generally just sit back and enjoy the fights without any thought or opinion.

. He hasn’t had enough fights to be taken seriously which is too bad. I can say from first hand experience that his calf kick against chandler wasn’t a fluke and none of his subs are either. It’s too bad that he’s going to have to get a highlight reel finish to get some attention. I really like the dude

That's awesome! Best luck in your career man! Show how it's done in Sherbro way! lol

Looks like you have a better working relationshio with Bellator than with the UFC.
Primus will need at least 2 more quality victories before being considered for the title, which I think he is ready for. A fight against Benson or Patricky would be sweet.

Bellator 239 Odds
Fighter Odds at Bovada Odds at BetOnline
Ed Ruth +115 +130
Yaroslav Amosov -145 -150
Myles Jury -265 -250
Brandon Girtz +205 +210
Tyrell Fortune -700 -625
Tim Johnson +450 +450
Javy Ayala +450 +450
Valentin Moldavsky -700 -625

Bellator 239 Odds
Ed Ruth +115 +130
Yaroslav Amosov -145 -150
Myles Jury -265 -250
Brandon Girtz +205 +210
Tyrell Fortune -700 -625
Tim Johnson +450 +450
Javy Ayala +450 +450
Valentin Moldavsky -700 -625
FYI, there's a nifty widget at BestFightOdds dot com for this so you get live data:

1851.png

Back