Bellator 241 Pitbull vs Carvalho

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
v1UCvw3.jpg

Some good fights on the undercard.

It doesn't matter how many times I bet Markes against Barnett. Bet ends up being canceled, anyways!

I know he's a short notice replacement for Josh Barnett, but I think Matt Mitrione is a tough fight for Ronny Markes at heavyweight. The Brazilian doesn't have Ryan Bader's elite wrestling to easily take and hold Mitrione down- his wrestling isn't even as Roy Nelson in my opinion. Nor does he have Sergei Kharitonov's striking and power to knock Meathead out easily. Maybe he can catch him on his sometimes questionable chin. But that aside, Mitrione is the biggest guy he has fought with a height and reach advantage and knockout power himself. I'm betting Matt to win here at -185.

Price on Mitrione improved from -185 to -165. Maybe people are scared of the short notice or worried about Meathead's chin. But for the reasons I mentioned above, I think this is a good matchup for him. Might have to add more.

Price on Mitrione improved from -185 to -165. Maybe people are scared of the short notice or worried about Meathead's chin. But for the reasons I mentioned above, I think this is a good matchup for him. Might have to add more.

i think people are more worried about meathead's takedown defense.

i think people are more worried about meathead's takedown defense.
I discussed that above. Mitrione's losses rarely came from getting taken down and held down. Ryan Bader is a rare exception on his list of defeats. That's my thinking about the matchup. I'd be surprised if Markes could make that work for three rounds without getting dropped or knocked out.

Matt Mitrione didn't take his shirt or jeans off at the official weigh-in and weighed in 264½ instead of his more usual 255 lbs. or so . That's a bit worrying that he's in on short notice, a few pounds heavier and we can't see what kind of shape he is in.

Ronny Markes looking kinda porky at heavyweight. I'm not too worried anymore about Mitrione being a few pounds heavy.

Ronny Markes looking kinda porky at heavyweight. I'm not too worried anymore about Mitrione being a few pounds heavy.
Battle of the pork chops. Mitrione via KO or Markes via submission.

Lots of hand shaking and hugging going on at these weigh-ins, no concern for coronavirus. Guess they figure that they'll be punching and bleeding on each other anyway tomorrow.

Back