Bellator 249

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201015-093637_Chrome.jpg

Big John & Josh Thomson analyzing the event and giving their picks.

Disagree with some of their picks but I am liking Higo @ +145.
I dont like Willis too much but his style might be trouble for Patricky, so @ +250 might be worth a shot.

Surprised there isn't more discussion about this, 365 has all the lines out which is kinda rare for a Bellator card. Any value on Awad at +205? He has lost his last four but they were to some tough competition (Benson, Daley, Goiti, and Girtz)

Surprised there isn't more discussion about this, 365 has all the lines out which is kinda rare for a Bellator card. Any value on Awad at +205? He has lost his last four but they were to some tough competition (Benson, Daley, Goiti, and Girtz)
I think there is, particularly because he is fighting a prospect who is coming off a loss. Mandel Nallo is good but I think there is a possibility Awad outworks him just based off experience.

IMHO, Teed, Awad, and Willis have a decent chance at pulling an upset. Surprised nobody is talking about it either.

I have 3.2u on Bandejas at -160.

In terms of dogs, I'll look into Kimbel (although he has been heavily bet down) and Willis. Don't see any value on Awad.

He is a far inferior kickboxer who the much taller, longer Nallo will repeatedly beat to the punch, while getting hit far less in the exchanges. Awad's slightly straight-armed, wide hooks lacking rotation aren't going to help here. Nallo is a headcase, but it's hard to imagine him losing to a declining 37 year-old striker who was worse than him even in his prime.

How do you see the Higo vs Bandejas fight play out? You seem pretty sure Ricky will take it.

Copying and pasting from a message;

What a uniquely awful match-up for Higo. His biggest weakness is his fairly poor defense. No head movement, stands right in front of his opponent, and a tendency to telegraph and reach with his punches, leaving himself very open to counters. Particularly vulnerable to right cross counters, which he was hit with time and again by Bunch.

Guess what Bandejas is really good at? Taking advantage of openings, countering, and his biggest weapon, by far, is a short right hook and short straight right. It has legitimate knockout power, instantly shutting off the lights for Kayretli and then Mlambo.

If Higo exposes himself the way he did against Bunch, he is getting knocked out several times over.

Even if he somehow doesn't, this is a kickboxing match Bandejas should edge out. He is a little longer, fights taller, has the better (if somewhat flawed) defense, and a better, more diverse arsenal of kicks that should serve him well against the stationary Higo. Bandejas also has really good cardio and adapts more and more as the fight goes along.

Grappling-wise, this is a wash. Higo might be the slightly better wrestler, but Bandejas is fantastic at getting up. Even a really good grappler like Archuleta was barely able to get more than a reprieve with how fast Bandejas popped back up.

I cap this as more of a -250 to -300, so -160 is solid value.

Don't know anyone on this card except for Cyborg. Might just drop 2k on her at 1.12. A dumb bet, but whatever. Can't see Cyborg losing.

Bovada is capping max bet on any parlay I chose at $340. Ran a Pitbull, Cyborg and Bendejas parlay along with a Pitbull, Bandejas and Crutchmer parlay for shits and giggles. Good luck boys!

wtf???

That dude quit on the stool after winning the round and almost finishing his opponent, and almost breaking his opponents arm.

The guy who was winning said he was too tired to go back out for the next round.

wtf???

That dude quit on the stool after winning the round and almost finishing his opponent, and almost breaking his opponents arm.

The guy who was winning said he was too tired to go back out for the next round.
Bellator for ya.

I got 100 on Kimbel here hopefully he is wining

Bellator for ya.

I got 100 on Kimbel here hopefully he is wining

Eh, wish I could have talked you out of it. The guy has all the physical talent in the world, but his fight IQ and concentration is just not up to snuff. He can be dominating fights and then get tapped, pounded out, or knocked out due to a horrendous mistake.

Higo missed weight by 3 lbs so factor that in if you're betting on his fight vs Bandejas

wtf???

One word, three syllables — Bellator

Back