Bellator 249

Bandejas looked so bad vs Pettis but I think this is a good bounce back matchup for him

those extra few lbs from weight miss might be helping a lot with the grappling

It's like he didn't even try to defend the TD.

surprised how dominant he was on the ground, coulda been a nice dog play

I guess the highlight of Bandejas' career is his win over the overrated Irish dude, who is a wannabe Conor McGregor.

Too bad.

I took the under 1.5 for the main event at +170, small stab, but it's pretty tough to find value on this one. Hoping to see vintage Cyborg where she hurts someone and then just goes ballistic. I remember back in the day when Cyborg in round 1 was always like -300, hope she gets it done early... or get's obliterated early... or freak injury in the first round, don't really care how it happens.

I took the under 1.5 for the main event at +170, small stab, but it's pretty tough to find value on this one. Hoping to see vintage Cyborg where she hurts someone and then just goes ballistic. I remember back in the day when Cyborg in round 1 was always like -300, hope she gets it done early... or get's obliterated early... or freak injury in the first round, don't really care how it happens.
Yep.

I like O1.5, but it's too juiced.

Had a Nallo ticket, should I be pissed or happy?

Probably a little pissed, since he was likely on his way to a win, and Awad was already choosing to grapple instead of striking.

Anywho, I had Bandejas-Higo pegged fairly accurately when it came to striking, which Bandejas was solidly winning, but holy hell, I was miles off when it came to judging the grappling. I thought Bandejas would easily pop up any time he was taken down. Instead, Higo controlled him easily from the top and even subbed him. Definitely underrated Higo's wrestling as well as jits. Rough -3.2u lesson on the Brazilian's abilities.

Hope Blencowe doesn't kick Cyborg in the balls for a NC, what is it with fight ending nutshots in Bellator?

He's 2-4 in his last 6.

4 losses to good fighters, but he's basically done at this point. Bellator might as well cut him.

As someone who bet Archuleta to beat Bandejas, I was very, very lucky to win that one.

A lot of people had Bandejas winning that match. Furthermore, Bandejas' 2 wins are very good. Frans Mlambo in particular is an absolute stud.

Suffice to say that arguably beating Bellator's bantamweight champion 21 months ago, and turning 29 next month, Bandejas is far from done. Whether he can ever be trusted again versus a good grappler, however, is very much an open question.

cyborg didn't like the feeling of that flurry from 2x boxing champion so she took it to the ground.

Back