Bellator 250

I think Lima can win purely off of being the more active fighter.

Doubtful that Gegard gets him down, as he seems to have improved his TDD quite a bit since his first fight with Rory.

He's improved his whole game a lot over the last few years, and Gegard has been stagnant.

Throwing 100 bucks on Lima @ +140 because I think there's value there.

Anyone know what the FGTD odds are? I don't see there being a finish in this fight.

edit: oh this is for the belt and is 5 rounds? I'm a a fucking casual. I still don't see there being a finish, so maybe FGTD is the play, not Lima.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is funny.

I wanted to fade Taylor Johnson because he is a powerful wrestler on a lot of "vitamins" with a very limited, primitive game beyond that. After taping Johnny Eblen, I discovered he is....a powerful wrestler on a lot of "vitamins" with a very limited, primitive game beyond that.

These guys are almost mirror images of one another, right down to the same shitty tattoos and reckless, lousy striking. Shockingly, Johnson might actually be a little bit more skilled. His striking is at least a slightly better, and a heel hook against Ruth is more than we've ever seen out of Eblen so far, jits-wise.

Pass on this.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not biting on Lima here. I think Moose will be bigger and Lima will be in a lot of danger if it hits the ground. I also favor Moose in the clinch. On the outside, I think it's pretty even but I do think the reach and distancing will favor Moose.

I too like Zane and Johnson in this matchup. Girtz is a bit tempting because you know he'll always fight for your money and at least make it a dog fight.

johnson's style cannot be sustainable for 15 minutes. eblen may just have to weather an early storm and out-last him.

Well, Zane vs Newell is off...

johnson's style cannot be sustainable for 15 minutes. eblen may just have to weather an early storm and out-last him.

The same can be said of Eblen's style pre-Bellator, which was every bit as furious. Once in Bellator against better opposition, he slowed down and also revealed fairly good cardio. Too many unknowns this fight. Either side could be value depending on the value of said unknowns.

Pulled the trigger on Lima, and then money comes in on moose 5 minutes later.

Heh, I was right about Taylor Johnson being more skilled overall than Johnny Eblen.

However, in a battle between powerful, vitamin-enthused wrestlers, Eblen was the stronger of the two. Don't mind passing, but congrats to the Eblen bettors.

Legendary mousasi has shown ability to takedown lima now. Lima bettors sweat ensues.

Judges have been shit tonight, wouldn't be surprised if Lima is up 2-1

Moose is -2000 live on my book lol. I have him up 3-0, r1 could've been 10-8

What a waste of a performance from Douglas Lima...

Essentially handed Mousasi the 185 belt, while neither guy took any major damage. That lump on Mousasi's shin will go down pretty quick.

Back