Bellator 254: Macfarlane vs. Velasquez

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
YeUeCxs.jpg

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/bellator-254-macfarlane-vs-velasquez-2018

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/73711-bellator-254-macfarlane-vs-velasquez

"Shamil Nikaev is mainly an aggressive wrestler, often shooting for double-leg takedowns to set up powerful slams. On top, Nikaev is as heavy and as skilled as they come. He passes guard very easily and is able to get dominant positions in every fight. His stand-up isn’t bad since he can kick, has good hands, and has shown some good power. He does get wild at times as shown in his war against current UFC fighter, Christos Giagos"

Thur, Dec 10 parlay, edited
+289

Shamil Nikaev -260
Magomed Magomedov -320

Linton Vassell -340, age 37, 5 years older, 8-5 in Bellator since 2013
Cody Law -485
Robson Gracie -515
Grant Neal -675, age 24, 10 years younger, LHW fighting a MW......

Last edited:
Damn I was hoping for plus money on Valasquez.

Same. I made good money betting her even ML at around -220 against Lara, then her ML at around -270 against Williams AND ITD at +350, but her being even money against MacFarlane seems fairly reasonable at first glance. Props to those that got her opening price at +160, I guess.

Davion Franklin @-200 and Romero Cotton -205 are good for a parley, IMO.

mattos vs. magomedov is a seriously high level fight and i think the odds are a bit wide. some tape for your viewing pleasure:

magomedov

mattos

Still cant believe the UFC passed on these 2, this fight will be fire. The line is too wide for Magomedov, it might be worth putting half a unit or a unit on Mattos.

Yamauchi vs Andrews line is too wide, too. Yamauchi should be favored but more along the lines of -180 to -200.

yeah half a unit on mattos seems fair. i would be absolutely shocked if magomedov just ran through him. i'm confident the fight is going to be competitive.

Do you think there is value on Velasquez at -115? Kinda worried if it hits round 4 and 5.

Do you think there is value on Velasquez at -115? Kinda worried if it hits round 4 and 5.
I'm pretty sure the fight will go into championship rounds, I think I will be staying away from this one. I see Ilima-lei wining a close decision.

Goiti fight is off. These cards just keep taking hits.

Still cant believe the UFC passed on these 2, this fight will be fire. The line is too wide for Magomedov, it might be worth putting half a unit or a unit on Mattos.

Yamauchi vs Andrews line is too wide, too. Yamauchi should be favored but more along the lines of -180 to -200.
Mattos was on TUF Brazil and the UFC passed on practically the entire roster of that season.

What's up with Sumter being the dog to Cotton? Sumter is far more experienced, better competition, size edge, etc. I'm thinking people are just being persuaded by the undefeated record, but check the competition.

Anyone who can give me some insight on the WMMA titelfight? I saw that they opened up pretty much even, but now I can get a juicy price for MacFarlane.

What's up with Sumter being the dog to Cotton? Sumter is far more experienced, better competition, size edge, etc. I'm thinking people are just being persuaded by the undefeated record, but check the competition.

Haven't looked too hard at Cotton, but he's a 3-time D2 national wrestling champion and improving while Sumter, as someone who I have made a ton of money fading, is really, really bad at this level.

Odds seem accurate now.
ILMCF is better on the ground but Velasquez seems to have better striking skills, as well as better overall athleticism.
Don't know about her cardio though
Can just somebody quickly tell me what happened during the Velesquez-Lara fight? I don't have Fightpass but I always find websites to watch the fights afterwards, but I don't find this one.

Last edited:
Odds seem accurate now.
ILMCF is better on the ground but Velasquez seems to have better striking skills, as well as better overall athleticism.
Don't know about her cardio though
Can just somebody quickly tell me what happened during the Velesquez-Lara fight? I don't have Fightpass but I always find websites to watch the fights afterwards, but I don't find this one.

http://www.bellator.com/fight/hwl91a/bellator-salutes-alejandra-lara-vs-juliana-velasquez

Back