Bellator 254: Macfarlane vs. Velasquez

R1: Velasquez/tie (Neither landed much, but Velasquez was better defensively.)
R2: Macfarlane (Macfarlane landed more strikes prior to the clinch. Velasquez clinched against the cage before Macfarlane reversed it and stayed there for awhile, then botched a TD where Velasquez landed on top for 40 seconds or so but wasn't allowed to throw any strikes.)
R3: Velasquez (Macfarlane got cut early, maybe from the fence, and Velasquez won the round with the help of Macfarlane looking like she took a lot of damage due to the accidental cut.)
R4: Macfarlane
R5: Velasquez (Macfarlane failed at a TD and landed on her back for 1 minute, then they got back up and Macfarlane clinched Velasquez against the cage while trying to find a TD. Velasquez was in the more dominant positions this round, even though neither woman landed any significant strikes.)

Juliana Velasquez 3-2, imo.

Last edited:
I’m just tuning in and know nothing of these women. McFarlane is the champ? How has she won previous fights?

I guess you missed Valentina-Maia last month, huh? At least this one was free instead of PPV.
That fight was Co-Main to Fig and had Perry Means before it. Coker doesn’t even give you the pleasure of a banger before this steaming pile of dung.

That fight was Co-Main to Fig and had Perry Means before it. Coker doesn’t even give you the pleasure of a banger before this steaming pile of dung.

Again, you're comparing a $60 PPV to free TV/Youtube. And Perry-Means? Jeez, how low are your standards for main card PPVs? Nikaev-Lachinev from this event was as exciting and Magomedov-Mattos was 10 times higher-level MMA.

I had Mattos, I've seen him fight before and thought there was value there.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but that was an entertaining fight.

Watching Magomedov ragdoll him, and Mattos brilliantly hand fighting him and not accepting dominant positions was a great display of heart and defensive jiu jitsu.

It reminded me a lot of Bektic/Dodson.

Do I want to see that every single time I watch an MMA fight? No. But overall, it wasn't a bad card.

The guy talking up paying $60 for the privilege of watching a washed-up Tim Means taking on fat, lazy headcase Mike Perry is accusing someone ELSE of being a shill?

Okay, Sean Shelby.
I don’t pay to watch any fight, you need put in a padded cell if you do.

I had Mattos, I've seen him fight before and thought there was value there.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but that was an entertaining fight.

Watching Magomedov ragdoll him, and Mattos brilliantly hand fighting him and not accepting dominant positions was a great display of heart and defensive jiu jitsu.

It reminded me a lot of Bektic/Dodson.

Do I want to see that every single time I watch an MMA fight? No. But overall, it wasn't a bad card.
I thought there were plenty of entertaining matches in this card. Law vs Champion, Nikaev vs Lachinov (one of the best of the year IMO), Cotton vs Sumter, and Magomedov vs Mattos.

I was very impressed by Mattos and its a shame that Magomedov made him look like it was easy work. Mattos is as legit as they come but Magomedov is as close as there is to Khabib in the BW division.

Back