Bellator 255 April 2nd Pitbull vs Sanchez

For a second there I thought they were talking about Justin Scoggins and had a hearty laugh at the thought of putting up the guy whom always falls into submission versus a monsterous wrestler/grappler like Magomed.

But Jared seems unlikely to do much better

Pico fight is another washout but with the tough fights he got early on which fucked up his development he's entitled to destroy a bunch of guys for while. How soon they start to push him into legit fights again I dont know.

As for Magomed/Scoggins its not a horrible fight its just not the fight anyone really needs to see. Magomed should get a Mix, Stots, Higo, Gallagher ( Yeah ok Bellator aint doing that). Something like that but assume when he wins this the next one will be someone like Hill, STots, Higo, Mix.

Really want to see what they do with Gallagher here, cant hide him anymore. Honestly Gallagher/Scoggins would have been a fight I could have seen them doing.
Scoggins is not ready for someone like Magomedov, Gallagher vs Scoggins or Scoggins vs Perez, or Scoggins vs Miesch, like they had originally scheduled were better fights.

Scoggins is a blanket type fighter and he isn't going to be able to blanket Magomed, should be one sided.

Scoggins is a blanket type fighter and he isn't going to be able to blanket Magomed, should be one sided.
Very random question but how do you see Dustin Jacoby vs Maxim Grishin? I'm kind of surprised to see Grishin at +150, I thought he would be a favorite.

Very random question but how do you see Dustin Jacoby vs Maxim Grishin? I'm kind of surprised to see Grishin at +150, I thought he would be a favorite.

I think Max has seen it all over the years and think he's savvy enough to grapple with Jacoby and get it done personally.

Good time to put some $$$ on grishin if you ask me

I think Max has seen it all over the years and think he's savvy enough to grapple with Jacoby and get it done personally.
Good time to put some $$$ on grishin if you ask me
Exactly my thoughts, I put money on the fight when Max was +135 and I thought it was pretty good but it moved up to +150 and I got cold feet. I was thinking maybe I wasnt seeing something and in the betting forum everyone thinks Jacoby's got it. I trust your judgment sherbro's, thanks a lot, I'll keep my bet.

Not a bad card to start the showtime era

Not a bad card to start the showtime era
Pitbull vs Sanchez
Neiman vs J.Jackson
Usman N vs Hamel
Magomedov vs Scoggins
Fortune vs Mitrione
so far it looks pretty good, im assuming these fights are the main event, so the rest of the fights they announce for this date will probably be prelims. I'm curious to know what will be the co-main, Im assuming it will be Neiman vs J.Jackson but they havent announced it as such.

Pitbull vs Sanchez
Neiman vs J.Jackson
Usman N vs Hamel
Magomedov vs Scoggins
Fortune vs Mitrione
so far it looks pretty good, im assuming these fights are the main event, so the rest of the fights they announce for this date will probably be prelims. I'm curious to know what will be the co-main, Im assuming it will be Neiman vs J.Jackson but they havent announced it as such.
The latest Bellator 255 card now includes:

• Patricio Freire vs. Emmanuel Sanchez – for featherweight title
  • Neiman Gracie vs. Jason Jackson
  • Mike Hamel vs. Usman Nurmagomedov
  • Magomed Magomedov vs. Jared Scoggins
  • Tyrell Fortune vs. Matt Mitrione

• Yep this I assume is the main card
  • At the Bellator site it looks like Usman’s fight is the co main....nothing confirmed. I prefer Neiman vs jackson

The latest Bellator 255 card now includes:

• Patricio Freire vs. Emmanuel Sanchez – for featherweight title
  • Neiman Gracie vs. Jason Jackson
  • Mike Hamel vs. Usman Nurmagomedov
  • Magomed Magomedov vs. Jared Scoggins
  • Tyrell Fortune vs. Matt Mitrione

• Yep this I assume is the main card
  • At the Bellator site it looks like Usman’s fight is the co main....nothing confirmed. I prefer Neiman vs jackson
That would make no sense, Usman has only a big last name but 0 accolades to warrant a co-main on a Bellator Showtime card. Neiman vs J.Jackson ia arguably a title eliminator, it is way more deserving but I'm assuming the casual fan will tune in to watch Usman rather than a new generation of Gracie.

I'm partial to any Lara fight though, it has to be said.

bellator225-alejandra-lara-taylor-turner-01.jpg

Kana Watanabe vs Alejandra Lara

More solid matchmaking, looks like they are getting on the ball. The punk and big john said they already saw the full cards for the upcoming events and said it was all stacked up. They are Bellator employees so obviously the shill hard but it looks like they might not be too far off either.

More solid matchmaking, looks like they are getting on the ball. The punk and big john said they already saw the full cards for the upcoming events and said it was all stacked up. They are Bellator employees so obviously the shill hard but it looks like they might not be too far off either.
I hope they will put their good prospects on that April 16th card.

Nemkov vs Davis and Yoel vs Rumble is more than enough for big names. Pico is already on that card, I want to see Joey Davis, Rosta, Eblen, Mowry, Trainer etc

Throw in there Justin Gonzalez 11-0 and you have a sick card

Last edited:

They'd better be stacked up after a quarter of a year off lol.

Back