Bellator 256 April 9th Showtime Bader vs Lyoto

Yashimurarov has a legit shot at beating Corey. I think Corey has stronger wrestling but he also has a weaker chin. I think Yashimuradov has a good at cracking that chin in a 5 round fight.

Yashimurarov has a legit shot at beating Corey. I think Corey has stronger wrestling but he also has a weaker chin. I think Yashimuradov has a good at cracking that chin in a 5 round fight.
Dark horse of the gp for sure

Shocked at how close the betting line is for Anderson/Yagshimuradov.

Bader should beat Machida easily this time around. Bader keeps getting washed up guys and I think it’s hurt him, he looked bad once he got a step up in competition against Nemkov and he could get stomped in the second round.

I've got Machida over Bader and Anderson over Yags. Machida beats Anderson to get into the finals.

I just rewatched Bader vs Nemkov for the first time since it happened.

1. I always thought Bader looked better at HW than at LHW. He has a speed advantage and he is a pretty lean guy anyway. Cutting 25lbs drains him at LHW.

2. Bader got dropped 3 times by Nemkov over about 45 seconds. And he was taking a lot of punches between those times he got dropped. That is a lot of damage for a guy who will be 38 in June to take. That's the kind of stuff that ruins a guys chin, and his chin is already worse at LHW from being drained.

3. At LHW Bader should implement his grappling more, he will get KO'd on the feet in this tournament. He should have just stayed at HW and gave up the LHW belt. Bouncing between weight classes has generally never worked out well for people. Especially as lean as he is, it's bad for his body to gain weight and drain himself all the time.

I just rewatched Bader vs Nemkov for the first time since it happened.

1. I always thought Bader looked better at HW than at LHW. He has a speed advantage and he is a pretty lean guy anyway. Cutting 25lbs drains him at LHW.

2. Bader got dropped 3 times by Nemkov over about 45 seconds. And he was taking a lot of punches between those times he got dropped. That is a lot of damage for a guy who will be 38 in June to take. That's the kind of stuff that ruins a guys chin, and his chin is already worse at LHW from being drained.

3. At LHW Bader should implement his grappling more, he will get KO'd on the feet in this tournament. He should have just stayed at HW and gave up the LHW belt. Bouncing between weight classes has generally never worked out well for people. Especially as lean as he is, it's bad for his body to gain weight and drain himself all the time.
IMO, Bader is better fitted for HW at this stagr of his career.

Back