Bellator 257 April 16th Showtime Nemkov vs Davis & Anderson vs Yagshimuradov

Vadim Vs Davis over 5 is an interesting fight I think. Vadim had better be careful with how he paces himself, if he goes out there and tries to KO Phil and starts getting tired he could be in trouble. Phil has one of the absolute best chins in the history of the sport imo.

I really didn't care about seeing Nemkov vs Davis 2 (or Davis vs anyone really) but at least it's part of a tournament, that makes it a bit better because I know new fights are around the corner.

I hope Nemkov sends Davis to another dimension.

Yolo vs. Rumble is a great fight but as a Romero fan I really hope we don't see him sent to the shadow realm from one of Rumble's freak punches. He's on a losing streak (although I thought he won some of those fights) and is almost 44. I'm afraid if he got KO'd that would be it for him. I'd much rather have seen him matched up against Davis.

I really didn't care about seeing Nemkov vs Davis 2 (or Davis vs anyone really) but at least it's part of a tournament, that makes it a bit better because I know new fights are around the corner.

I hope Nemkov sends Davis to another dimension.

Probably unlikely that he sends him to another dimension, Davis has never been finished and took a three round shellacking from prime Rumble and was still standing at the end.

Probably unlikely that he sends him to another dimension, Davis has never been finished and took a three round shellacking from prime Rumble and was still standing at the end.
This, i know Davis isnt the most exciting fighter but he is as legit as they come. He is well-rounded and durable AF. He will force Nemkov to go to a 5-round war. He would definitely be a contender at the UFC, too.

Vadim Vs Davis over 5 is an interesting fight I think. Vadim had better be careful with how he paces himself, if he goes out there and tries to KO Phil and starts getting tired he could be in trouble. Phil has one of the absolute best chins in the history of the sport imo.
It is very interesting indeed. Nemkov in the late rounds is still an unproven commodity. Davis is that wet blanket that will grind you deep in the fight is he has to.

This side of the bracket is tougher

Call me crazy but Phil Davis will be Nemkov's tougher test. Davis might not be the most exciting fighter but he is a more complete fighter who can take the fight anywhere for 5 rounds. His wrestling gave Nemkov some problems late in the 3rd so its gonna be a tough test. Rumble and Yoel would get finished by Nemkov, IMO, he is just more versatile fighter and barely entering his prime. As long as he can avoid a slugfest against Yoel or Rumble, he can pick them apart and mix up some wrestling to finish them on the ground. The rest of the bracket, Yagshimuradov is the dark horse but I dont see any of them hurting Nemkov.

People always think this way about durable fighters, but a wise man once said "the fight is the fight, is normal." Everybody gets knocked out eventually. Hunt ate Crocop's cemetery kick and didn't even take a breath, then ended up getting knocked out by some random bjj guy from jungle fight named Fabrichio Weirdumb.

Phil has largely never been hit very much and even when hit is hit cleanly very very rarely. Rumble punched him around and dominated the action with big combinations and heavy strikes that kept Phil in a shell, but very few of those strikes even hit him anywhere on the head (nonetheless near the jaw where they'd really do damage). He never got wobbly, and that was probably the worst "beating" of his career. But now he's getting older, reflexes slowing down, and he's fighting Nemkov who's reaching his peak and continually getting sharper in the striking. I've got a feeling this may be one of those "guaranteed decisions" that ends with a big finish, his performance against Machida wouldn't give me confidence he's gonna push Nemkov further than he's ready for, and Nemkov will be coming in very confident.

Call me crazy but Phil Davis will be Nemkov's tougher test. Davis might not be the most exciting fighter but he is a more complete fighter who can take the fight anywhere for 5 rounds. His wrestling gave Nemkov some problems late in the 3rd so its gonna be a tough test. Rumble and Yoel would get finished by Nemkov, IMO, he is just more versatile fighter and barely entering his prime. As long as he can avoid a slugfest against Yoel or Rumble, he can pick them apart and mix up some wrestling to finish them on the ground. The rest of the bracket, Yagshimuradov is the dark horse but I dont see any of them hurting Nemkov.

He's the best bet to test Nemkov's cardio for sure, but he already had a chance when he was fresher and Nemkov greener. If I had to pick the #1 most likely guy to take Nemkov down atm I think I would go with Phil as well. If Rumble doesn't get him out early I don't think he makes it past round 3, he's not built for prolonged scrambles and a hard nosed war. Yoel can last 5 rounds dancing, but he'll be wearing more damage from Nemkov than he's used to if he can't put him away. He doesn't mind taking shots on the chin, but it's a different level of physicality and power at LHW than his MW opponents, Nemkov's straight punches will do serious damage if he doesn't use a lot smarter footwork than usual to stay out of the way. I think heavy lowkicks and smart power punching wins the fight for him against Yoel, and mixing up combinations with wrestling for Rumble, I wouldn't burn energy trying to commit to the wrestling against Yoel unless he's totally gassed.

He's the best bet to test Nemkov's cardio for sure, but he already had a chance when he was fresher and Nemkov greener. If I had to pick the #1 most likely guy to take Nemkov down atm I think I would go with Phil as well. If Rumble doesn't get him out early I don't think he makes it past round 3, he's not built for prolonged scrambles and a hard nosed war. Yoel can last 5 rounds dancing, but he'll be wearing more damage from Nemkov than he's used to if he can't put him away. He doesn't mind taking shots on the chin, but it's a different level of physicality and power at LHW than his MW opponents, Nemkov's straight punches will do serious damage if he doesn't use a lot smarter footwork than usual to stay out of the way. I think heavy lowkicks and smart power punching wins the fight for him against Yoel, and mixing up combinations with wrestling for Rumble, I wouldn't burn energy trying to commit to the wrestling against Yoel unless he's totally gassed.
100% agree, this GP should be Nemkov's consolidation as the #1 LHW in the world, or at least in the conversation to be considered.

People always think this way about durable fighters, but a wise man once said "the fight is the fight, is normal." Everybody gets knocked out eventually. Hunt ate Crocop's cemetery kick and didn't even take a breath, then ended up getting knocked out by some random bjj guy from jungle fight named Fabrichio Weirdumb.

Phil has largely never been hit very much and even when hit is hit cleanly very very rarely. Rumble punched him around and dominated the action with big combinations and heavy strikes that kept Phil in a shell, but very few of those strikes even hit him anywhere on the head (nonetheless near the jaw where they'd really do damage). He never got wobbly, and that was probably the worst "beating" of his career. But now he's getting older, reflexes slowing down, and he's fighting Nemkov who's reaching his peak and continually getting sharper in the striking. I've got a feeling this may be one of those "guaranteed decisions" that ends with a big finish, his performance against Machida wouldn't give me confidence he's gonna push Nemkov further than he's ready for, and Nemkov will be coming in very confident.

Don't get me wrong I do favour Nemkov but I also think the extra two rounds could make a big difference.

This could be the fight where Phil's chin lets him down, but I don't think there's much logical reason to think it's suddenly going to go.

Agreed. Phil is hard to finish (impossible so far) and will DEFINITELY test Nemkov's cardio. Has Nemkov been in a 5 rounder? He was slowing down in in the 3rd round last time he fought Phil.

Agreed. Phil is hard to finish (impossible so far) and will DEFINITELY test Nemkov's cardio. Has Nemkov been in a 5 rounder? He was slowing down in in the 3rd round last time he fought Phil.
Yes, once Phil went back to using his wrestling he was having some success late in the 2nd and all throughout the 3rd. I dont know why Phil Davis stands and strike so much instead of going back to what made him successful. If Phil tries to stand with him, like he did against Machida, it will be a Nemkov beatdown.

Yes, once Phil went back to using his wrestling he was having some success late in the 2nd and all throughout the 3rd. I dont know why Phil Davis stands and strike so much instead of going back to what made him successful. If Phil tries to stand with him, like he did against Machida, it will be a Nemkov beatdown.

I wouldn't mind that.

<{ohyeah}>

October final works ok but I was hoping for something earlier like August. Bellator did that before

Last time I remember the tournament started on February and ended January 2019

Back