Bellator 258 Averages 79k Viewers

Not good.

Cyborg is only one who I think has a chance to pop a rating. What she does will be the upper limit of what Bellator on Showtime can do outside of signing like a Paul brother or something like that.

Those are sad numbers, I wish more people tuned into Bellator, at least they are trying to be real competition to the ufc and that's what mma needs. Too many God damn posers, casuals, fickle ufc brand only fans out there.

Last edited:
This is a legit question. Has anyone that signed to another promotion after leaving the UFC ever still been a draw? Pettis used to get like a million plus viewers and now gets 150k in PFL. Does the UFC brand account for that much? Off the top of my head the only person I can think of who was still a draw was Kimbo.

Was such a solid card too.

I know those numbers aren't inclusive but still...

Edit: Yea why Showtime paywall when ya can VPN so easily.

Course I have Showtime and TNT but prefer the webstream for TNT as its about 1 minute ahead. Haven't noticed that problem with Showtime.

The tweet right under puts the initial in context. I wish Showtime or Bellator put out the numbers or just do a Jake Paul and say "We did 500K"

Supposedly Pluto TV has 43 million monthly active users globally, and 30.1 million domestically and Showtime has 17.9 million subscribers domestically, so I don't know what to think offf this 86K viewers thing. How many are watching on Pluto TV or showtime, who knows, only Coker and ViacomCBS but if Bellator keeps running for the next year +, I suppose they are doing well enough.

Source for the Pluto TV/ Showtime numbers https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/24/...e last time CEO Bob,73 percent year over year.

Last edited:
This is as best a card as Bellator can put together, they had MVP, a Pitbull brother, Rumble, and a title fight. Aside from Cybrog, I dont see anyone else in the promotion who would be a bigger draw. I think people want to watch Bellator, however, they dont want to pay $5 bucks a month to do that. They are willing to pay for the UFC with ESPN+, given that its a bigger channel and the UFC is a way bigger promotion, but IDK if that will work for Bellator. It's crazy to think that in the entire CBS/Viacom conglomerate there isnt a single TV channel where Bellator could thrive.

This is as best a card as Bellator can put together, they had MVP, a Pitbull brother, Rumble, and a title fight. Aside from Cybrog, I dont see anyone else in the promotion who would be a bigger draw. I think people want to watch Bellator, however, they dont want to pay $5 bucks a month to do that. They are willing to pay for the UFC with ESPN+, given that its a bigger channel and the UFC is a way bigger promotion, but IDK if that will work for Bellator. It's crazy to think that in the entire CBS/Viacom conglomerate there isnt a single TV channel where Bellator could thrive.

I genuinely don't understand why they don't do a card on CBS, which is the most viewed channel in all off America. UFC does it with ABC, ONE with TNT

This is a legit question. Has anyone that signed to another promotion after leaving the UFC ever still been a draw? Pettis used to get like a million plus viewers and now gets 150k in PFL. Does the UFC brand account for that much? Off the top of my head the only person I can think of who was still a draw was Kimbo.

No I genuinely think it's just the UFC brand nowadays, but that's according to plan. UFC copied the WWE plan where they made the actual personalities less important, i.e. the Reebok deal, no unique walk outs, etc. Tons of MMA fans are actually just UFC fans, they don't know or care about anything if it's not in the UFC.

See how the UFC just basically disposed off Diego, Woodley, Pettis, and Werdum without even a mention during the events or on their official media.

I genuinely don't understand why they don't do a card on CBS, which is the most viewed channel in all off America. UFC does it with ABC, ONE with TNT
If I was Bellator I would throw a bag of money to Kayla Harrison after her PFL season and do Harrison vs Cyborg on CBS and stack that card with MVP, Gallagher, AJ, Pitbull, etc.. Harrison is a needlemover and those are the type of fighters that Bellator needs to go after, even if it means letting go of another 15 lower level fighters.

If I was Bellator I would throw a bag of money to Kayla Harrison after her PFL season and do Harrison vs Cyborg on CBS and stack that card with MVP, Gallagher, AJ, Pitbull, etc.. Harrison is a needlemover and those are the type of fighters that Bellator needs to go after, even if it means letting go of another 15 lower level fighters.
Gina Carano lost her Disney gig, fuck it, try to get her on that card as well.

This card was on ESPN and her previous PFL fight was in the finals. The other cards she was on weren't all that special. Let's wait before calling her a needle mover.
There are levels of needle movers. Kayla has consistently given PFL cards a boost.

This number is horrible though. Disappointing to see tbh. How did this card do less then 255, 6 and 7?

coker in in shambles
If the ratings on the online platforms aren't somehow really good, do we think Coker gets the boot this year? I would genuinely hate another Strikeforce situation where Bellator folds and UFC picks up all their best fighters.

It would be horrible for the sport as a whole

If the ratings on the online platforms aren't somehow really good, do we think Coker gets the boot this year? I would genuinely hate another Strikeforce situation where Bellator folds and UFC picks up all their best fighters.

It would be horrible for the sport as a whole
If Bellator parted ways with Coker who do people think would be best replacement? Would it a former fighter or promoter from smaller promotion?

Back