Bellator 258 Averages 79k Viewers

Unfortunately, Coker has already killed Bellator and whatever name brand it held in the market and these ratings continue to prove it. He took over and quickly establish a very poor record of low quality events on paper way too often. This condition the fan to not worry about watching each event and waiting until something peaks their interest. Well, outta sight, outta of mind is what happen and people just bailed on Bellator product. He has the best roster he has ever had and nobody cares regardless of the quality of the card on paper.

When they moved to Showtime the whole damn thing should've been rebranded and relaunch into the market aggressively. Make sure every blow joe fan of MMA knows there is a new player in town. Make it a big f-ing deal about it.

Last edited:
You can say what you want about promotional decisions Coker has made but it's hilarious that you're touting ONE and PFL as better in one breath while saying that Bellator has regional level matchups with few elite fighters with another. Bellator has a better roster then ONE and PFL put together quite literally.
He said that if this continues, those high level fighters will eventually jump ship and turns BFC into a regional org, not that currently ONE and PFL have better roster. You're twisting his words. Besides, what's the use of having a better roster if the org only pulls less than 100k numbers? doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

PFL is a different product to the UFC. It's only tournements (ie: what bjorns bellator used to be which pulled way more viewers on avge than cokers bellator)

One caters to a different Market/Fanbase to the UFC (south east asia).

Combate caters to a different market/fanbase to the UFC (spanish/latino market)

They all have a purpose.

Bellator has no purpose. It's just a UFC retirement league and people stopped caring. They tried becoming a euro league but that flopped. Coker should be sending out his resume and targeting the next promotion he's going to take down.

PFL, One, Combate all do way more with much weaker rosters becuase they have a purpose. Bellator has no purpose except being a retirement fund for ex UFC fighters.

Last edited:
I've been watching Bellator regularly for about 8 years now, and I don't think I've ever been counted in any of these ratings reports. And I'm sure there are plenty more like me. Just sayin'.

Out of curiosity, if they put their cards on CBS, how many viewers would they have approx?

Last edited:
Good, people shouldn't be subjected to Archuleta's padded record and overrated performances.

Then why dafuq they won't put their cards on CBS?
It would compete with the people who watch UFC, Midday Saturday or putting it around 5-7 pm Friday is probably the best they could get, since CBS has Magnum PI and Blue Bloods that do amazing ratings with 5-6+ million viewers on Friday evenings.

He said that if this continues, those high level fighters will eventually jump ship and turns BFC into a regional org, not that currently ONE and PFL have better roster. You're twisting his words. Besides, what's the use of having a better roster if the org only pulls less than 100k numbers? doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.
Well his statement was so poorly written that it's hard to make sense of. I interpreted it as him saying ~"Can’t wait till bellator goes down the shitty like eliteXC. Regional level matchups with very few elite fighters and 90% of them are former UFC fighters lol."

It doesn't really make sense interpreted any other way.

Then he went on to say

"One FC and PFL are clearly the top 3 orgs alongside UFC."

So... no, I don't think I was?

Um I can see it happening down the road at some point. Mma has the coveted 18-34 male demographic and CBS doesn’t have any sports content on Saturday nights for the most part. This is what they were trying to do with Strikeforce 10 years ago but the Diaz brothers fucked it up. I don’t think CBS is opposed to having a card 3-4 times a year. I think it’s something that could happen down the line but CBS is probably hesitant after the Strikeforce brawl. Most of their Saturday night content is geared towards older folks so if they can provide content for the 18-34 demographic I think they will. Just a matter of building up the trust again.

CBS was the first major broadcast network to get into the mma business here in America back in the day. They broadcasted EliteXC and I think Kimbo vs James Thompson (the one in my avi) is still the highest rated fight on broadcast tv here in the states. The UFC never broke Kimbo’s record in all those events they were on FOX.

Unfortunately, Coker has already killed Bellator and whatever name brand it held in the market and these ratings continue to prove it. He took over and quickly establish a very poor record of low quality events on paper way too often. This condition the fan to not worry about watching each event and waiting until something peaks their interest. Well, outta sight, outta of mind is what happen and people just bailed on Bellator product. He has the best roster he has ever had and nobody cares regardless of the quality of the card on paper.

When they moved to Showtime the whole damn thing should've been rebranded and relaunch into the market aggressively. Make sure every blow joe fan of MMA knows there is a new player in town. Make it a big f-ing deal.
Agreed with that, Most Casual just think UFC is the only league around.

CBS was the first major broadcast network to get into the mma business here in America back in the day. They broadcasted EliteXC and I think Kimbo vs James Thompson (the one in my avi) is still the highest rated fight on broadcast tv here in the states. The UFC never broke Kimbo’s record in all those events they were on FOX.

I'm still holding out for a Bellator-mania event, aka Luke Thomas's idea, that they put on CBS prime time once a year. Stack the card with 3+ title fights and tons of other great matchups

I'm still holding out for a Bellator-mania event, aka Luke Thomas's idea, that they put on CBS prime time once a year. Stack the card with 3+ title fights and tons of other great matchups
Anything is a possibility. CBS has always liked mma and who knows where things could’ve gone if that brawl didn’t happen. I can see them opening the doors for Bellator eventually because everyone wants a slice of that coveted 18-34 male demographic and CBS doesn’t have anything like that under contract right now. The best part about mma is that there is no season so you can schedule it whenever you want. If CBS wants a card smack dab in the middle of summer they tell Bellator that and they’ll put it together. So yes it could happen.

The idea is great in theory and is much easier said than done. The main issue is CBS willing to take a risk on a product that continues to put up duds in the ratings department?

Everyone thinks their event will bring in the masses but results is another thing. I'm not sure CBS would be willing to do it unless Bellator and Showtime can get their ratings up and show that people would be interested in some type of "superbowl" for Bellator.

@Sakurabaism and @Bubba32 understand what I mean. Never said One or PFL had the better roster in any point they just have built a bigger fan base and have more potential to be top orgs for years instead of bellator cause the Asian market most likely doesn’t GAF about bellator while they all care about One. PFL unique playoff like system is more entertaining than ufc castaways bellator trouts in front of you or the squash matches they give top level fighters like MVP, Cyborg, Any LWs and Magomed. @SokoudjouFanboy

Back