Bellator 260 June 11th Lima vs Amosov

Interesting fight, don’t know much about Gustavo

They are giving Polizzi an easy fight after that beatdown by Anglickas. Polizzi should really drop down to 185, he's a small LHW in a stacked division. He could be a top guy at MW

I hate the way Bellator gives guys coming off losses walkover wins.

I hate the way Bellator gives guys coming off losses walkover wins.
That's the part I like.

If they gave Fortune a contender after he lost to Tim, he would be released most likely. He was still scared after that KO and performed like shit against Sowma. They did the right thing with him

Volkov lost 2 in a row and they released him, they thought he wasn't good enough anymore, now he's top 5 in the UFC.

Polizzi only has 7 wins in his career, a fight like this will only benefit him to get his confidence back and put him on the right path

Polizzi should be fighting someone like Biyong or Albrektsson. But I tend to think he belongs at 185, which means he should be fighting Mike Shipman, Charlie Ward, or even Ed Ruth.

That's the part I like.

If they gave Fortune a contender after he lost to Tim, he would be released most likely. He was still scared after that KO and performed like shit against Sowma. They did the right thing with him

Volkov lost 2 in a row and they released him, they thought he wasn't good enough anymore, now he's top 5 in the UFC.

Polizzi only has 7 wins in his career, a fight like this will only benefit him to get his confidence back and put him on the right path

I don't like it, facing crappy opponents that are nowhere near your level does nothing for you as a fighter. Look at Gallagher, he lost to Bandejas nearly three years ago now and they've had him building confidence ever since.

It should be sink or swim, those who are good enough stick around and those who aren't good enough don't. Polizzi had beaten Jamal Pogues and Carvalho in the two fights before Anglickas, why is he going to be facing lower level competition than fighters he's already beaten?

I see Gustavo Trujillo scheduled to fight at CFFC in 2 weeks, though.

That's the part I like.

I don't like it, facing crappy opponents that are nowhere near your level does nothing for you as a fighter. Look at Gallagher, he lost to Bandejas nearly three years ago now and they've had him building confidence ever since.

It should be sink or swim, those who are good enough stick around and those who aren't good enough don't. Polizzi had beaten Jamal Pogues and Carvalho in the two fights before Anglickas, why is he going to be facing lower level competition than fighters he's already beaten?
I tend to agree with both. Although it should be sink or swim, they should also be granted am easier fight after a decisive loss. This is a bit of too easy of a fight but someone along the lines of Biyong or Albrektsson if he is planning on staying at LHW would be good.

Interestingly enough, MW is way mlre shallow than LHW at Bellator but I think he has better match ups at MW than at LHW. There are more up and coming fighters that match up nicely against him at MW, I guess. Polizzi vs Rosta, Eblen, Cotton, Novenyi, are more interesting at this point, IMO.

Gallagher is not a good example, they are trying to make him a star or something because of Conor. Polizzi is not like that

People these days only care about their records, Bellator doesn't have the money to spend on prospects and feed them to the wolves nonstop. They need to be careful with them, after he wins this one he will be booked against Karl, Puetz or someone like that. You will see

UFC is doing the same shit with O'Malley and Islam and many others like Bellator does with Gallagher

Gallagher is not a good example, they are trying to make him a star or something because of Conor. Polizzi is not like that

People these days only care about their records, Bellator doesn't have the money to spend on prospects and feed them to the wolves nonstop. They need to be careful with them, after he wins this one he will be booked against Karl, Puetz or someone like that. You will see

UFC is doing the same shit with O'Malley and Islam and many others like Bellator does with Gallagher

MMA is one sport where fans are conditioned to not care about records. Masvidal is one of the biggest stars in the sport and he has 15 losses. It's not that important.

MMA is one sport where fans are conditioned to not care about records. Masvidal is one of the biggest stars in the sport and he has 15 losses. It's not that important.
If he didn't KO Askren like that, he would never been a star. He wasn't a star before that

Doesn't matter, it just shows that the record didn't effect his ability to become a star when his moment came.
Ok, show me some fighters with double digit losses who were stars without having highlight reels KOs

Ok, show me some fighters with double digit losses who were stars without having highlight reels KOs

Well double digits is an extreme example but the likes of Oliveira, Blachowicz, Nate, Lewis, Volkov, Overeem have multiple losses and it's never stopped them being taken seriously by fans.

Interesting fight, don’t know much about Gustavo

Gustavo is a beast. I’m telling you keep an eye on this guy. Super athletic and loves to throw hands. He even did bare knuckle. The only problem with this matchup is that Polizzi is the exact opposite. He is going to shove his face in that crotch and hope for a 15 min decision. But Gustavo is very dangerous.

Back