Bellator 263

matthew55

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I feel like I hear better analysis and picks on Bellator and LFA events, maybe because oddsmakers aren't as good with these fights idk. Anyway, let's hear it

I think I might just stick with a straight bet on McKee for this event (+100). Patricio is Patricio, he's so solid, but I think McKee has the skills, the size, and the pedigree to pull it off. Freire's been fighting since 2004 (!!!) and as had 36 fights, that's a lot of miles. The wheels have to come off eventually... don't they?

I am slightly worried if McKee gets too comfortable pulling guard or working from the bottom, but I guess we'll see. Should be a great fight no matter the outcome.

I think I might just stick with a straight bet on McKee for this event (+100). Patricio is Patricio, he's so solid, but I think McKee has the skills, the size, and the pedigree to pull it off. Freire's been fighting since 2004 (!!!) and as had 36 fights, that's a lot of miles. The wheels have to come off eventually... don't they?

I am slightly worried if McKee gets too comfortable pulling guard or working from the bottom, but I guess we'll see. Should be a great fight no matter the outcome.
McKee's only loss (as an amateur) was a KO, so I'm more worried about Patricio's striking in this matchup. I'm probably holding off on the ME

Honestly, even without that KO loss I'd still be pretty worried about Pitbull clipping him.

Fingers crossed he'll use his reach and kicks to stay out of Pitbull's range before he moves in to take him down and work from top position. Am I off base for thinking McKee is usually decent at avoiding damage on the feet?

79728-bellator-263

Honestly, even without that KO loss I'd still be pretty worried about Pitbull clipping him.

Fingers crossed he'll use his reach and kicks to stay out of Pitbull's range before he moves in to take him down and work from top position. Am I off base for thinking McKee is usually decent at avoiding damage on the feet?

He usually uses his range pretty well to stay out of danger, although I have noticed that he's a bit more reckless and less defensively sound when he is the agressor on the feet instead of a counter-punching approach. There were some exchanges in the Campos fight that would have ended up badly if Pitbull was his opponent.

Prolly an alt.

I'm thinking of playing Burnell and Gonzalez in this next event, probably throw in Georgi and Porto on there as well. Goiti has been beaten by just about every strong wrestler he's ever faced, and Chris is at TAM so his sub D should hold up.

How do you think the Burnell fight is gonna go? Have a hard time invisioning it

How do you think the Burnell fight is gonna go? Have a hard time invisioning it
I'm thinking (and hoping) Burnell is going to lean on his grappling heavily. Sanchez is of the breed of fighters that makes up for mediocre defensive wrestling by being active off his back and never settling into position, but Mads top game is legit as hell and should stymie Emmanuel.

The pressure from Sanchez on the feet is probably the most worrisome thing due to Mads being a bit of a sitting duck sometimes, but he's made a lot of strides with his boxing both offensively and defensively, so I think he'll be able to get some respect there if worst comes to worst.

Another factor is Sanchez coming off his first finish loss after getting rocked hard by Pitbull, so we might even see him a bit more timid to start out. I'd stick with Burnell unless the odds get too wide.

chris gonzalez +130?
More than worth it imo. He's a pretty strong wrestler, and Goiti has struggled with them for most of his career (Will Martinez, Bubba Jenkins, Chandler) getting stuck on his back for long periods of time and not being able to so much as threaten with a sub from time to time.

Chris is also at TAM so I'm sure they'll prepare him for the grappling well enough (or they'll pull whatever shit they did last UFC card to get the judges' nod).

More than worth it imo. He's a pretty strong wrestler, and Goiti has struggled with them for most of his career (Will Martinez, Bubba Jenkins, Chandler) getting stuck on his back for long periods of time and not being able to so much as threaten with a sub from time to time.

Chris is also at TAM so I'm sure they'll prepare him for the grappling well enough (or they'll pull whatever shit they did last UFC card to get the judges' nod).
yeah im just puzzled by the odds maker. Chris seems like one of those undefeated prospects who will become a future star. I think he is the best pick in this card.

Anybody high on McKee's chances over Pitbull? I think he should be priced closer to +140 / 150. How does someone see McKee winning?

I think he's finish or bust, probably needs a submission to win. Pitbull has crazy KO power for his size. I know McKee has a big reach advantage but if he gets into a brawl with Pitbull he'll probably lose. Also Pitbull has too much championship level experience and I find it hard to believe that McKee can outpoint him over 5 rounds.

Glad that I took Burnell at +105,I think that's the best pick this week since I don't seem much spots at the UFC card.He's down too -155 at some bookies

I really wanna see Pitbull dismantle McKee in epic fashion after Papa McKee opened his mouth.

I'm on McKee here. Pitbull is a beast, but McKee has been close to flawless in Bellator. He's got the wrestling, crafty subs, striking from outside with his length, creativity, etc. Pitbull is more meat and potatoes, but certainly gets it done with that. With that said, we've definitely seen stumbles or areas where he's had trouble. Straus fights, Weichel, relatively close fight with Sanchez the first time, etc. Not an easy one to cap, but it's hard for me to bet against McKee right now.

I'm on McKee here. Pitbull is a beast, but McKee has been close to flawless in Bellator. He's got the wrestling, crafty subs, striking from outside with his length, creativity, etc. Pitbull is more meat and potatoes, but certainly gets it done with that. With that said, we've definitely seen stumbles or areas where he's had trouble. Straus fights, Weichel, relatively close fight with Sanchez the first time, etc. Not an easy one to cap, but it's hard for me to bet against McKee right now.
Had to bet AJ McKee decision at +340 which I think it's crazy odds.

Pitbull has never been finished (only a freak injury against Benson) and the fight might be very well a pick em. But he can definetly be outworked and McKee hasn't lost a round since forever.

Brian Moore and Jordan Winski are at pick 'em odds, is Jordan Winski that good? Does anyone know hoe good is wrestling is? Thats his path to victory, right? Plus he is short notice. Moore is legit and I feel like if he stands with Moore he is getting KTFO.

I feel the same way.

What worried me is if compared their opponents, Pitbull has fought significantly better opponents than mckee. Mckee's undefeated recorded is also heavily padded. But then you factor in the miles on Pitbull and the height /reach difference.

Im doing Pitbull with Sean Strickland (ufc)

Who is the biggest lock on this card? Islam Mamedov over Brent Primus? And are there any fights where you're positive that they will go to decision or end by ko/tko?

PS: I forgot about Usman Nurmagomedov. He should be the biggest lock, amrite?

Last edited:
Who is the biggest lock on this card? Islam Mamedov over Brent Primus? And are there any fights where you're positive that they will go to decision or end by ko/tko?

PS: I forgot about Usman Nurmagomedov. He should be the biggest lock, amrite?
Brian moore and Christophor are my lock in good picks. Based on odds.

Back