Bellator 263

2 30-27's!?

2-1 very possible.

Mads needed to get the wrestling going sooner like he did in the third.

congrats on anyone who took burnell at dog money, i wanted to go big at those odds but missed it and passed at -150

Wow. Standing guillotine

and controversy

if he was out, he woke up after McKee let go of the choke

Wow. Not sure if he was out though.

Edit: he was out

DX65.gif

Congratulations to the NEWWWWWWWWW millionaire and Bellator featherweight champion, A.J. McKee.

I'm surprised at how many people discounted McKee before this fight and acted as though Pitbull was better in every area. McKee is the real deal for sure.

I'm surprised at how many people discounted McKee before this fight and acted as though Pitbull was better in every area. McKee is the real deal for sure.

It's not like he got exposed skill for skill as being clearly inferior than McKee. He got hit with one good shot and didn't recover. It's very similar to Aldo / McGregor in that yeah they got handled in devastating fashion, but nobody thinks if they fought 10 times it would go down just like that every time. Pitbull is still in an incredibly talented fighter, just wasn't his night.

It's not like he got exposed skill for skill as being clearly inferior than McKee. He got hit with one good shot and didn't recover. It's very similar to Aldo / McGregor in that yeah they got handled in devastating fashion, but nobody thinks if they fought 10 times it would go down just like that every time. Pitbull is still in an incredibly talented fighter, just wasn't his night.

No doubt he's talented, but so is McKee. McKee definitely has the more diverse striking style and has that range. McKee has also shown he's a stud on the ground and has the wrestling. Besides the power edge, I don't think there is an area where you can clearly say Pitbull is better. It was just odd to me that several people (not just in this thread) thought Pitbull was a better fighter everywhere. I think that's clearly discounting McKee's ability, probably only due to him not fighting the same level of competition.

Back