Bellator 266: Davis vs Romero

Weird how any judge gave Romero 2 out of 3 rounds, when Rounds 2 and 3 were clear for Davis.

I wonder if that judge scored it for Romero just to make some drama, and because he wouldn't get in trouble if he scored it for Romero even though he clearly lost.

To make drama he needed to 30-27 Yoel.

Weird how any judge gave Romero 2 out of 3 rounds, when Rounds 2 and 3 were clear for Davis.

I wonder if that judge scored it for Romero just to make some drama, and because he wouldn't get in trouble if he scored it for Romero even though he clearly lost.
he coulda bet the split dec prop pays big odds

Why are you doubling down on an objectively dumb, wrong statement?

You don't "look like dogshit" at 185 by winning as a +200 underdog against a Gastelum who had just lost by the skin of his teeth to Adesanya one fight ago, while completely neutralizing his striking AND wrestling, then arguably beat a great champion and legend like Whittaker as an underdog over 5 rounds, then almost beat Brunson on a torn ACL.

You can argue it's not impressive for various reasons, but calling it "dogshit" is the kind of mindless blather that belongs in the Heavies, not a serious gambling subforum.

You seem to be overly sensitive, or maybe you're just personally attached to Till. I'm not trying to attack you, I know you've been around this sub for a while and I read a lot of your posts and respect your takes.

I like TIll, he's a funny ass dude, and I bet him @ +195 against Kelvin. I thought the line was way off, and I was sweating during the decision. Kelvin outlanded him, but Till landed the bigger counters. It was close, but Till rightfully won it.

But look at how bad Kelvin has looked in his last 5 fights. BARELY scraping out a decision win against Kelvin hasn't aged well at all.

Most people on here would agree that Till looked like absolute dogshit against Brunson. Let me rephrase that for your overly sensitive ears.

He looked incredibly, incredibly lackluster against an old Brunson who Izzy dispatched of in 1 round with relative ease.

His shining moment in that fight was landing one left hand, and slightly wobbling Brunson, the same way that Holland did, before succumbing to a takedown that ultimately finished the fight in r3.

Till was defending takedowns by threatening guillotines, he had NO idea what the fuck to do on the ground, or how to defend a basic takedown. His legs were tucked together like a fucking penguin when he was standing making the TD's even easier for Brunson to get.

He looked like absolute shit, and I'm not sure how you can even try to dispute that.

Ya Till is washed. Should try his luck back down a class though not sure his chin would stand up to that with the cut

Ya Till is washed. Should try his luck back down a class though not sure his chin would stand up to that with the cut

Considering his second to last cut to WW caused him to temporarily go blind, I don't think him cutting back down to WW after trying to fill out his frame for MW would be a good idea.

It sucks, because his ceiling was high, and I genuinely enjoy listening to him talk. He's a mad lad.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think the bookies will give him an ounce of credit anymore so there will be very little value betting against him(depending on who he fights).

People wonder why many of the sharper, long-time bettors don't post here often anymore, if at all. This comment chain is a great reason why. Someone throws out an imbecilic, childish claim that is utterly wrong from a pure numbers perspective as well as betraying a lack of knowledge of MMA, then slavishly defends it to the death.

Rather than cogent discussion, we get the same half-baked "Fighter X sucks/rules!" crap as the heavies.

Initially said:
But look at how bad Kelvin has looked in his last 5 fights. BARELY scraping out a decision win against Kelvin hasn't aged well at all.

Well, I guess Israel Adesanya is officially "dogshit" then, too.

People wonder why many of the sharper, long-time bettors don't post here often anymore, if at all. This comment chain is a great reason why. Someone throws out an imbecilic, childish claim that is utterly wrong from a pure numbers perspective as well as betraying a lack of knowledge of MMA, then slavishly defends it to the death.

Rather than cogent discussion, we get the same half-baked "Fighter X sucks/rules!" crap as the heavies.

Well, I guess Israel Adesanya is officially "dogshit" then, too.

Instead of responding intelligently, and correcting me where I was wrong(the 35 strikes landed? It was 37, I was 2 off), you're just lumping me into a category of posters I frankly don't fit.

I detailed why Till has looked bad at 185. If you think he showed something in his last fight, please elaborate, instead of crying and proclaiming this, "back in the day" shit.

Sadistics got paid a lot to sell his picks. You can't expect someone that was hitting at his clip to stick around, giving free picks forever.

You sincerely sound overly upset for some reason. I hope you won money tonight, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

"Utterly wrong from a numbers perspective" when I was off by 2 strikes, and that was off the top of my head.

"Utterly wrong from a numbers perspective" when I was off by 2 strikes, and that was off the top of my head.

This is a good example of what I mean. You don't even stop and think about what I meant by "numbers perspective". It's nothing as irrelevant and useless as fight stats.

Rather, if a fighter easily wins as a +200 dog, arguably wins a tight 5-rounder as a +150 dog, and then loses as a -150 favorite only to reveal a massive injury he suffered 8 weeks prior, that's not "dogshit" relative to common expectations.

Again, I can't believe I've even wasted this many keystrokes on such an asinine claim.

This is a good example of what I mean. You don't even stop and think about what I meant by "numbers perspective". It's nothing as irrelevant and useless as fight stats.

Rather, if a fighter easily wins as a +200 dog, arguably wins a tight 5-rounder as a +150 dog, and then loses as a -150 favorite only to reveal a massive injury he suffered 8 weeks prior, that's not "dogshit" relative to common expectations.

Again, I can't believe I've even wasted this many keystrokes on such an asinine claim.

Okay I was trying to be polite, but fuck it.

"Easily wins as a +200 dog" when he dropped a round and even the rounds he won were close.

"Arguably wins a 5 rounder as a +150 dog". Wait, do you seriously believe that he beat Whittaker? Most media members had it 49-46 Rob, and 48-47 at worst. And I don't know of anyone on here, or any other MMA capper that legitimately thought Till won. You're ACTUALLY delusional.

He came into the Brunson fight out of shape, and looked BAD. Everyone fights with injuries, that doesn't excuse his terrible technique. We had never seen him against a good wrestler, and he showed that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. From his stance, to threatening submissions he'd never be able to pull off, it was just an all around poor performance.

I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to you -- you legitimately think that Till got robbed against Whittaker? Are you trolling?

Jesus christ man, what the fuck. And I actually somewhat respected your opinion? Just goes to show being a member here for a long time means jack shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's the first time in my life I've ever been thankful for Deanna Bennett.

Back