Bellator 286: Pitbull vs. Borics, Saturday, October 1

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/bellator-286-2665
https://fightodds.io/odds/4344/bellator-286-pitbull-vs-borics

fQ9Lgiv.png

upload_2022-9-24_19-54-12.png
04SnjU8.png

Tokov at those odds might be worth it. Think he could impose his wrestlint on Jay Jay and survive whatever comes his way on the feet.

Patricio -260
Borics +120

AJ -500
Spike +325

Pico -650
Kennedy +400

Archuleta -120
Barzola -110

Mamedov -225
Browne +170

Jay Jay -125
Tokov -105

Diggs -375
Seixas +260

Rohskpof -155
Hamel +120

Murtazaliev -350
Bestaev +250

Gibson -550
Clark +350

Palencia -300
Hamilton +220

Inaba -900
Mandiau +500

I like Borics here, dude looked amazing vs Burnell (who also looked great that fight) and fought beautifully for 5 rounds. Pitbull is a monster and could shut his lights out but he looks slower in his last fight and actually got kind of tired in a slow paced fight.

Archuleta should win too, may play him.

Gonna take a stab at Kennedy too, just a quality all around fighter and while Pico should be the fav +425 for Kennedy is ridiculous.

I like Borics here, dude looked amazing vs Burnell (who also looked great that fight) and fought beautifully for 5 rounds. Pitbull is a monster and could shut his lights out but he looks slower in his last fight and actually got kind of tired in a slow paced fight.

Archuleta should win too, may play him.

Gonna take a stab at Kennedy too, just a quality all around fighter and while Pico should be the fav +425 for Kennedy is ridiculous.

I think the same with Kennedy, but I do worry that it might just be a bad style matchup for him. Dude has only ever lost to Volkanovski and Borics apart from a fluke loss to Laurentino which he avenged.

I think the same with Kennedy, but I do worry that it might just be a bad style matchup for him. Dude has only ever lost to Volkanovski and Borics apart from a fluke loss to Laurentino which he avenged.
Volkanovski outwrestled him into a GnP TKO pretty easily if I remember correctly though, no shame in that since that was Alex's MO at the time, and Kennedy surely has gotten better, but I don't see why Pico wouldn't be able to replicate that.

The one thing he has in his backpocket is the cardio for wrestling if everything flls apart, his top control might not be the best, bit he can take you for a ride for as long as he needs to. Outside of a hail mary KO for Jeremy, I don't see him winning.

I know Pineda popped and it was turned to a NC, but he clearly lost there. I think Pico is better everywhere. If Kennedy could crack, I'd take a stab due to Pico's ability to be hit and potential chin problems, but it's hard for me to see a clear path.

I know Pineda popped and it was turned to a NC, but he clearly lost there. I think Pico is better everywhere. If Kennedy could crack, I'd take a stab due to Pico's ability to be hit and potential chin problems, but it's hard for me to see a clear path.

Tbf that was one night uber Pineda who also smashed Movlid Khaybulaev. Whatever he was on the night was some good shit.

I do tend to agree it's a bad style matchup.

Pitbull should be slowing down but the guy somehow just beat AJ McKee in a fight he wasnt supposed to win. Seems to me he aint ready to stop being at the top just yet.

Pitbull should be slowing down but the guy somehow just beat AJ McKee in a fight he wasnt supposed to win. Seems to me he aint ready to stop being at the top just yet.

Yeah I'd need very juicy odds to play Borics. Patricio is top 5 in the world.

Yeah I'd need very juicy odds to play Borics. Patricio is top 5 in the world.
He's just a very crafty guy thanks to the wealth of experience and all the style changes he's endured over the years, on top of being very durable.

Hell, Borics' win over Burnell didn't age that well after the loss to Carvalho, so I can't pick him here even as a moderate dog. He needs to fight a perfect fight against Patricio, and that's easier said than done.

Playing Nick Browne. Islam can lose top position a lot. The Loik fight he got put in a compromising position near the end where he got nearly choked. Played the ml on a few small parlays. Nick also power advantage like the way he beat Nallo with that right hand.

Last edited:
Playing Nick Browne. Islam can lose top position a lot. The Loik fight he got put in a compromising position near the end where he got nearly choked. Played the ml on a few small parlays. Nick also power advantage like the way he beat Nallo with that right hand.

Nice, I was discussing his chances in the thread in the worldwides. Good to have some confirmation bias.

Might tail that, I like Browne and hate Mamedov, lol. Faded him against Primus and I'm still salty Brent got robbed there.

He's just a very crafty guy thanks to the wealth of experience and all the style changes he's endured over the years, on top of being very durable.

Hell, Borics' win over Burnell didn't age that well after the loss to Carvalho, so I can't pick him here even as a moderate dog. He needs to fight a perfect fight against Patricio, and that's easier said than done.
What did impress me vs Burnell was his cardio after rd 3. He looked fresh as a daisy in the latter rounds in a very high paced fight.

Thoughts on Mike Hamel? He's fighting Max Rohskopf, the guy who straight up quit in a UFC fight and got dropped from the roster. I know Rohskopf is a good wrestler and has a decent all-around skillset, but he still hasn't proven himself, and there's obviously a mental toughness aspect here. Hamel has beaten good fighters and only lost to good fighters, and seems like he'll fight for your money. Fought Borics to a split. And one of only two guys U.Nurmagamedov couldn't finish.

Back