News Bellator 288 : Anderson vs. Nemkov 2 and Patricky vs. Nurmagomedov set for Nov. 18 in Chicago

Im hoping to see Popov and Bilostenniy here given the large Russian community in Chicago.
Knowing Bellator they will put them at Mohegan lol. On a serious note it is smart they put Usman and Vadim on this one. The house should be packed.

Tickets are almost as expensive as UFC tickets, btw. I guess they are hiking the prices with the event being a double headliner.

Smaller arena this time also.

Tickets are almost as expensive as UFC tickets, btw. I guess they are hiking the prices with the event being a double headliner.
Every seat in the place is great. Concessions/bathrooms are a disaster though

Killys Mota at 145? Not a chance in hell

Killys Mota at 145? Not a chance in hell

Didnt Mota miss weight and had to fight at 170 omce agqinst Derek Anderson? No way he makes 145. And if he does Im taking Niedzielski based on cardio.

Didnt Mota miss weight and had to fight at 170 omce agqinst Derek Anderson? No way he makes 145. And if he does Im taking Niedzielski based on cardio.
Yup Mota is big for 155. He’d have to cut a leg off to make 145. This has to be miscommunication somewhere. No way he makes 145.

Yup Mota is big for 155. He’d have to cut a leg off to make 145. This has to be miscommunication somewhere. No way he makes 145.
Well, of he does I'll bet the house against him. As it is, he tends to gas after 2 rounds. At 145 he will probably gas midway through the 1st round.

Pondering going to Chicago, now.

Lol they really loading up on the Russian/Former Soviet Fighters for the Chicago card

Nice that they are keeping him busy, I am guessing he is gonna be a backup for the LW title bout, but hope they book him against someone good. Shabliy vs. Tofiq? vs. Primus?

Lol they really loading up on the Russian/Former Soviet Fighters for the Chicago card

Nice that they are keeping him busy, I am guessing he is gonna be a backup for the LW title bout, but hope they book him against someone good. Shabliy vs. Tofiq? vs. Primus?
Poor Primus, I hope they give him a break and not match him up against Musayev. Dude has faces Mamedov, Benson, and Shabliu back-to-back. I wouldnt mind him getting an easier match up. I doubt Shabliy would take such a risky fight when he is so close to a titleshot.

FeaV_aoXEAE6zul

Colgan bout is a head scratcher, but love Lugo vs. Bates, Faraldo vs. Chokheli, James vs. Fortune, and Weichel vs. Magomedov. Askhabov vs/ Rodrigues is a good bout, wish Brennnan got a step up and not another regional guy but guess he is really young. Aliev vs. Fallon should be a good test for Aliev.

Hokit vs. Nader seems like a bout to see which guy to invest in, Jordan Newman seems to have gotten a layup bout but he had some injury layoffs

Last edited:
FeaV_aoXEAE6zul

Colgan bout is a head scratcher, but love Lugo vs. Bates, Faraldo vs. Chokheli, James vs. Fortune, and Weichel vs. Magomedov. Askhabov vs/ Rodrigues is a good bout, wish Brennnan got a step up and not another regional guy but guess he is really young. Aliev vs. Fallon should be a good test for Aliev.

Hokit vs. Nader seems like a bout to see which guy to invest in, Jordan Newman seems to have gotten a layup bout but he had some injury layoffs
Any idea what happened to Piotr vs Mota? Also, I was half expecting Nikaev and Musayev to be in this card, too. It is still a pretty amazing card.

Any idea what happened to Piotr vs Mota? Also, I was half expecting Nikaev and Musayev to be in this card, too. It is still a pretty amazing card.
Nikaev is booked for the next card, no idea what happened with Tofiq or the Piotr vs. Mota fight but maybe it's getting worked out

FeaV_aoXEAE6zul

Jordan Newman is a joke, dude beat Joseph Holmes in his debut and now Holmes is two fights deep into his UFC career and Newman is fighting some 2-2 boxer.

Back