News Bellator 288 : Anderson vs. Nemkov 2 and Patricky vs. Nurmagomedov set for Nov. 18 in Chicago

FeaV_aoXEAE6zul

Colgan bout is a head scratcher, but love Lugo vs. Bates, Faraldo vs. Chokheli, James vs. Fortune, and Weichel vs. Magomedov. Askhabov vs/ Rodrigues is a good bout, wish Brennnan got a step up and not another regional guy but guess he is really young. Aliev vs. Fallon should be a good test for Aliev.

Hokit vs. Nader seems like a bout to see which guy to invest in, Jordan Newman seems to have gotten a layup bout but he had some injury layoffs
Great card

I really like the Akhmed vs Weichel fight, FW needs fresh contenders, maybe they saw this after Pico lost and scrapped Piotr vs Mota and will book him in a more meaningful fight for the division

Patricio finished Carvalho easily and Kennedy lost to Borics not long ago, they are not ready for Patricio and they are the closest to a title shot. I would do Piotr vs Kennedy and Khizriev vs Carvalho. Maybe rush Khasan a little bit and put him against Corrales and the winner of Askhabov vs Otto against Burnell

With the addition, the Bellator 288 lineup includes:

• Champion Vadnim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson – grand prix final for light heavyweight title
  • Champion Patricky Freire vs. Usman Nurmagomedov – for lightweight title
  • Akhmed Magomedov vs. Daniel Weichel
  • Tyrell Fortune vs. Daniel James
  • Levan Chokheli vs. Roman Faraldo
  • Khasan Askhabov vs. Otto Rodrigues
  • Lucas Brennan vs. Nick Talavera
  • Imamshafi Aliev vs. Sean Fallon
  • Archie Colgan vs. Jesse Hannam
  • Jaylon Bates vs. Jornel Lugo
  • Jordan Newman vs. Jayden Taulker
  • Isaiah Hokit vs. Matias Nader
  • Vlad Gouvea vs. Kory Moegenburg

Wouldn't be surprised at all if James beats him tbh. Unless he's off the juice.
James has better wins on his resume than Fortune does IMHO. Fortune's problem is he's fallen in love with his mediocre hands. He should try to wrestle James but we'll see if he does. Might go to sleep if he decides he wants to box.

James has better wins on his resume than Fortune does IMHO.
Fortune's best win is either Azunna or Said Sowma, and TBH Said won that bout and the decision was a robbery. Both guys really have records that don't look that great if you look at the opponents.

You remember trentkelp who hung from Fortune's balls? Said Fortune would beat Ngannou. I think he was banned
Yeah... I miss the dude. He was so fun to troll. I remember when Johnson knocked Fortune out.. lol

He also hyped the shit out of Kevin Natividad... the poor kid got signed to the UFC and was KTFOed twice in his first 2 fights. Luckily for him they gave him another shot but Trentkelp was nowhere to be seen.

Fortune's best win is either Azunna or Said Sowma, and TBH Said won that bout and the decision was a robbery. Both guys really have records that don't look that great if you look at the opponents.
Yeah, I like Sowma too but I was thinking Smoldarev. I know he's up and down but he's impressed me at times. Then again so has Sowma. Suppose it's a bit of a wash. Fortune/James isn't a squash either way.

Yeah... I miss the dude. He was so fun to troll. I remember when Johnson knocked Fortune out.. lol

He also hyped the shit out of Kevin Natividad... the poor kid got signed to the UFC and was KTFOed twice in his first 2 fights. Luckily for him they gave him another shot but Trentkelp was nowhere to be seen.

I thought it actually was Fortune hyping himself up until the Johnson fight when he posted right after he got bodied.

So are Showtime and Paramount + merging? Really hoping so cause I'd definitely get that service and could then watch all the Bellator cards legitimately.

Yeah, I like Sowma too but I was thinking Smoldarev. I know he's up and down but he's impressed me at times. Then again so has Sowma. Suppose it's a bit of a wash. Fortune/James isn't a squash either way.

Yeah Smoldarev is kind of the Michael Johnson of HW, but he's a good win.

So are Showtime and Paramount + merging? Really hoping so cause I'd definitely get that service and could then watch all the Bellator cards legitimately.
I think so and CBS is reorganizing. Wonder what new management and being on paramount will do for MMA on the platform.

I think so and CBS is reorganizing. Wonder what new management and being on paramount will do for MMA on the platform.

Don't be shocked if they stopped airing boxing and fold Bellator if they can't find a buyer.

There's a reason they are running fewer shows. It's not about making cards stronger.

Don't be shocked if they stopped airing boxing and fold Bellator if they can't find a buyer.

There's a reason they are running fewer shows. It's not about making cards stronger.
Hope it’s bought by someone with money to burn who is hands off if what you say is true. Would be sad to see ESPN take an even bigger stranglehold on the combat sports world

plus They seem to be trying to build up their basketball team so I could see them putting in a bid for the NBA rights which are gonna be up for bidders which would be huge and challenge ESPN for sports supremacy amongst streaming

Last edited:

They are running less Bellator but more boxing … I don’t see them not promoting boxing

Wouldn't be surprised at all if James beats him tbh. Unless he's off the juice.
Speaking off James, I had a video in the background and heard someone mentioned Daniel James. The commissioner called him stupid that he even thought he wouldn't get caught for HGH. ACA boys are extra juicy

Yep, his meltdown that night was epic. I remember he was quite adamant that Johnson would do horrible, violent things to my guy Fedor if they ever fought, and I disagreed. I never got the chance to really rub it in his face after Fedor sparked Johnson out. Bummer.

Back