Bellator announces signing of star Rugby player

Everyone knows Rugby players are A level athletes. This guy should be champ within a year.

This is a bizarre one.

Google brings up videos of him with taking part in BJJ and wrestling training.

I'm sure he'll face someone with a 1-4 record and be done with it.

When the Bellator HW title is contested by WWE Jack Swagger vs random Rugby player it will finally prove how horrific HW MMA has become. Lower than the sewers now

Beef plant Jones!
D6JWTVXU0AAcme5.png

Don't forget the meat factory guy!
Good point. Dana should try to sign him and put him against Greg Hardy, they can build it as baddest man on the planet number 1 contenders fight, and the poor unfortunate new fans will buy into it big time and pay up

Whenever I think of Bellator fans I remember that scene in Wayne's World where they get backstage passes to Aerosmith and it's like they're in the twilight zone

I guess there wasn't any old UFC fighters released lately so they had to hire somebody. I bet they can't wait for Anderson Silva to get released!<45>

Surprised more rugby or aussie football dudes don't do MMA or NFL

Rugby should actually provide a decent athletic base for combat sports, obviously he needs to have his striking and grappling skills to get to a high level, but Rugby training should give this guy excellent cardio and perhaps some mental toughness.

I think most people outside of the rugby world tend to underestimate the CARDIO needed for Rugby. 40 min halves with very minimal stoppages, similar to soccer, but in addition to all the running (the whole team runs the full field) there is the tackling, pushing, shoving, scrums etc. it is pretty grueling activity. No 40 second rest between plays like American football.

Hopefully this guy can fight, the HW division needs new talent badly.

Back