Bellator averaged 85k and peaked at 177k during the #PitbullMcKee main event for Showtime with Cable

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

These are just the Showtime with Cable Package views, So if we take what Espinosa, the head off Showtime said, that actual the actual numbers are 2X those, then it did 350K views, which is not horrible but UFC still did almost double. 177K is inline with other Showtime boxing non PPV events.

UFC is a machine, that is all. Combate #2

Wow those are actually really good numbers for a Showtime event. I did not expect them to get that high. Showtime isn’t like a Univision or Telemundo that ppl just have on in the background and fall asleep to. It’s a pay channel that people actually have to turn on and watch. I’d say to get 177k ppl to tune into a pay channel like showtime for Bellator is a win.

Wow those are actually really good numbers for a Showtime event. I did not expect them to get that high. Showtime isn’t like a Univision or Telemundo that ppl just have on in the background and fall asleep to. It’s a pay channel that people actually have to turn on and watch. I’d say to get 177k ppl to tune into a pay channel like showtime for Bellator is a win.

Not it isn't, at all. Strikeforce numbers were way higher. Even the jobber Strikeforce challengers did better

For example, PFL is doing the same numbers on a major network like ESPN which is very similar to Univision or Telemundo in the sense that ppl in America just turn on ESPN and watch whatever is on there. Showtime doesn’t have a fanbase of ppl that just turn it on and leave it on. If you are watching showtime, it’s for a reason.

Not it isn't, at all. Strikeforce numbers were way higher. Even the jobber Strikeforce challengers did better
Yeah, during those times streaming did not exist, though. All viewership was through traditional TV, nowadays there is a lot of of viewership through streaming.

Yeah, during those times streaming did not exist, though. All viewership was through regular TV, nowadays there is a lot of of viewership through streaming.
Precisely. I watched this event via stream though the showtime app on my LG TV. So I wouldn’t even factor into this viewership count. This is all cable viewership. 177k people watched this though Showtime Cable which is NOT streaming.

To be fair, if we doubled it to 350k viewers on Showtime I'd say 350k viewers on Showtime > 950k on ESPN. 950k on ESPN on a Saturday is pretty shit to be honest and like I said before ESPN has a certain fanbase and never dips below a certain threshold because millions of ppl in America just turn it on and leave it on. I'd say this is a win for Bellator.

Precisely. I watched this event via stream though the showtime app on my LG TV. So I wouldn’t even factor into this viewership count. This is all cable viewership. 177k people watched this though Showtime Cable which is NOT streaming.
Same. I always watch through the app. Don't have cable

The shills are out trying to spin this as good, LOL.

Its not.

Its not.
You're a loser kid. Always referring to anybody that doesn't worship the UFC as a shill. Fuck off fucking scrub

Its not.
Your AV is a poster of the upcoming UFC PPV LOL be honest, if Dana whipped it out, you would suck it. I know you would. You'll be sitting there on Saturday after dishing out $80 on a medicore PPV with your meat in your hand waiting for Dana to appear on screen so you can rub one out. Fucking bum

You have to also add UFC's streaming numbers on espn plus. I think dana said it was atleast 600k to a million additional watch on plus.

85k average on showtime for bellators best fight in history is laughable. Campbell Mclaren and Combate shits these numbers 4am in the morning.

Confirmed Bellator is dying.

Not as good as I was hoping. Looks like nearly 100k people jumped across after the UFC had finished which suggests the card would have done a lot better if they hadn't gone head to head.

Damn, seems numbers are sinking no matter what they do. That was the best fight they could put on. Guess we're back to freakshow headliners. Chuck's phone will be ringing soon.

Good or bad, it was probably the most anticipated match up Bellator could give its fans. The overall event came off good. Just lacked some of the established MMA names that fringe people may tune into watch and bring viewership up higher.

Keep in mind Showtime is about luring in subscribers both through traditional and streaming ways. It's like Netflix, no one show hinges on everything. Its a collection of media that draws different consumers in. Shows get axed when the numbers continue to slide season after season, story has reached its ending more or less, a show becomes stale with bad reviews following it, maybe the show becomes more difficult to justify producing with rising cost being associated with it, etc etc. It isn't so much just the viewers as its only one part of the big picture.

My guess is Bellator is safe doing what they are doing. Just don't expect them to go sign a prime UFC star away or pay a single homegrown fighter a shit ton to fight. Most fighters are probably gonna be capped at about 250K(ie: PitBull) per fight.

Your AV is a poster of the upcoming UFC PPV LOL be honest, if Dana whipped it out, you would suck it. I know you would. You'll be sitting there on Saturday after dishing out $80 on a medicore PPV with your meat in your hand waiting for Dana to appear on screen so you can rub one out. Fucking bum

Yeah like I dont shit on UFC all the time and no I'll be streaming the shit out of that PPV on Sat night. I got no problem buying a PPV if its a huge fight or a stacked card but for mid PPV I'm not wasting money on it.

And I shit on UFC all the time when they do stupid shit, dont sign top prospects, let good fighters go, put on shitting cards. and yeah I like UFC more than Bellator but I'll give praise and shit on any org that deserves it.

Keep doing your thing though. Atleast themoose seems to be a gimmick you actually believe the dumb shit you say. Game Changer bro, what a fucking idiot.

Horrible numbers. The best thing to compare it to is Showtime boxing which gets about 150-300k viewers. But Bellator is new to Showtime and need time to get established before we judge too much.

Yeah like I dont shit on UFC all the time and no I'll be streaming the shit out of that PPV on Sat night. I got no problem buying a PPV if its a huge fight or a stacked card but for mid PPV I'm not wasting money on it.

And I shit on UFC all the time when they do stupid shit, dont sign top prospects, let good fighters go, put on shitting cards. and yeah I like UFC more than Bellator but I'll give praise and shit on any org that deserves it.

Keep doing your thing though. Atleast themoose seems to be a gimmick you actually believe the dumb shit you say. Game Changer bro, what a fucking idiot.
Yup keep sucking off Dana maybe one day he’ll hire you full time you fucking bum

Back