Bellator Europe 8

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200923-221239_Chrome.jpg
Im liking Penini against Shipman and cant make up my mind on Edwards vs van Steenis. Very close odds too, any thoughts?

Why Penini? Okay striker but limited power and questionable grappling. Shipman just fought two superior fighters and arguably beat one of them. I think we're getting great odds on Ship here.

Why Penini? Okay striker but limited power and questionable grappling. Shipman just fought two superior fighters and arguably beat one of them. I think we're getting great odds on Ship here.
There is little to no tape on Penini tbh, I just wasnt very impressed by what I saw from Shipman against Edwards and van Steenis. Shipman has very limited striking and looks to push the fight against the cage to work for takedowns for the most part. Stylistically, I favor Penini because of his mobility. He is an elusive counter striker, he doesnt engage in the clinch, and basically jusy sticks and moves a lot.
Now, I admit I have only watched two of Penini's fights and have never seen his ground game or TDD. But I feel Penini will frustrate Shipman by sticking and moving a lot and avoiding the clinch fighting. Im basically taking a shot in the dark based on what I have seen from how their styles match up.

Im more on confident Fleury against Kauppinen. Fleury should take this one to the ground early and dominate or get a submission. Kauppinen has good leg kicks and good KO power on his hands but he is very tentative and doesnt have a lot of output. Plus, Fleury is a southpaw so Kauppinen wont be able to land those leg kicks and will have a hard time keeping the fight standing where he has a distinct advantage.

Im more on confident Fleury against Kauppinen. Fleury should take this one to the ground early and dominate or get a submission. Kauppinen has good leg kicks and good KO power on his hands but he is very tentative and doesnt have a lot of output. Plus, Fleury is a southpaw so Kauppinen wont be able to land those leg kicks and will have a hard time keeping the fight standing where he has a distinct advantage.
From what iv seen Fluery is very hittable for a tall guy. One of those hooks lands he is out

From what iv seen Fluery is very hittable for a tall guy. One of those hooks lands he is out
Yes, Fleury is very hittable and has poor striking. On the other hand, Kauppinen has horrible TDD and ground game. I guess is a matter of which one do you think is more likely to happen: Fleury getting tagged for 3 rounds or KOd and never completing a take down or Kauppinen getting taken down repeatedly and/or submitted early.
I see Fleury getting the take down more likely, given that he is a southpaw, pushes the pace more, and Kauppinen wont be able to slow him down with leg kicks because of his southpaw stance.
At the end of the day is easier to boost up your striking to set up take downs than improving your TDD and ground game.

Nice win by Aflie Davis, he use to train my gyms kickboxing lessons

Back