Bellator fighter Alejandra Lara writes all over her body for the Amazon

Something some may not know about the Amazon: the place has the potential to be the source of many future medicines, if we find them before we destroy them.

New medicines are rarely, if ever, compounds designed by scientists to do what they do. Instead, their active ingredients are merely found to do what they do. New biological compounds get found by scientists searching in nature--which process may involve questioning aboriginal medicine men about what plants they use--then these compounds get tested for their effects on people, and from there may get developed into medicines.

Clearly, discovering previously unknown plants is very important in the development of new medicines. And the Amazon is a place where there are still a lot of plants to be discovered. Hopefully, we don't destroy these potential sources of medicine by destroying the Amazon.
I hope my sherbros are paying attention!! This is not good!!

As sad as it is to witness such pristine landscape on fire, I hope people understand that fire is integral to the health and longevity of the forest.

Has anyone confirmed if these were started from spite or are just a spike in typical yearly fires (ie lightning)?

That's true, and I'm not an expert in ecology, but do fires commonly occur in a place as humid as the amazon?

Forest fires are typically the product of dry tinder which results from arid conditions (such as the Pacific northwest in late summer- especially over the past ten years as droughts become more and more common).

I've never really heard about fires in the amazon.

That's true, and I'm not an expert in ecology, but do fires commonly occur in a place as humid as the amazon?

Forest fires are typically the product of dry tinder which results from arid conditions (such as the Pacific northwest in late summer- especially over the past ten years as droughts become more and more common).

The dry season can make things a little crispy...No matter how humid. The sun is so hot near the Equator that even with humidity, the bare roots that are covered during the wet season can become dry as a match stick.

A wildfire has been raging in Siberia for a month now, nobody talks about that one either.
https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/2019/huge-wildfires-in-russias-siberian-province-continue

I love amazon. With amazon prime i get shit in 1-2 days with no additional shipping costs.

Lol another one.. seen so many people.. be it normal.. celebs or sports stars.. posting about the Amazon..

I wonder how many have actually done anything since posting these messages

I would fathom they're nothing like what can happen in a North American climate (as you noted) but they're regular, yearly. Of course a lot are likely intentional for agricultural reasons (good or bad).

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/amazon-rainforest-on-fire-2019/

Imagine how rampant wildfires were before any form of technology or ability to help fight them...........dry conditions and lightning aren't new.

The problem here is that in those cases, the destroyed land was not taken over and changed (like for farming). It would have rejuvenated itself naturally. Fire in this case is actually beneficial to any forest.

I would fathom they're nothing like what can happen in a North American climate (as you noted) but they're regular, yearly. Of course a lot are likely intentional for agricultural reasons (good or bad).

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/amazon-rainforest-on-fire-2019/

A lot of times it's just some dumb son of a bitch with a cigarette or something. According to my buddies who work as firefighters...There are way too many dumb fucks out there to prevent forest fires.(Or even house fires to some extent.)

What's happening in the amazon?

I thought it was about the selling website
It's burning and has been for three weeks.
It's likely that they were intentionally started.

Last edited:
The guy from Chechnya brings in even american fighters to hang out with him. Unfortunately, half of humanity are morons and many of the rest have limited morals.
Half? That's being generous imo amigo.

I've come to the conclusion that 90% of the human population is functionally retarded and don't have the slightest clue what is transpiring around them.

"Idiocracy" is as important to understand as "1984".

It's burning and has been for three weeks.
It's likely that it was intentionally started.
Why were the original posts shared on social media from three years ago? Just curious on your take about that key point.

Imagine how rampant wildfires were before any form of technology or ability to help fight them...........dry conditions and lightning aren't new.

The problem here is that in those cases, the destroyed land was not taken over and changed (like for farming). It would have rejuvenated itself naturally. Fire in this case is actually beneficial to any forest.

The great thing about those days is that it would periodically cleanse the old dead wood in the forests. Natural order of things so to speak.

What happened up here in BC and AB(Two Canadian provinces) though, they had forestry services funded to clear out brush and debris to avoid massive fires. Then a new government came into power and cut back on this unnatural cleanse. Since none of it was being cleaned out the inevitable happened...And it happened hard.

They should have never gotten involved in trying to control the natural forest fires caused by lightning in the first place...but to stop at this point was asking for it...Knowing full well what would happen as a result.

It's one of those things you have to keep with after starting, or else face disastrous consequences.

Why were the original posts shared on social media from three years ago? Just curious on your take about that key point.
The picture that went viral were old pictures, for dramatic effect. The truth is there are always fires, every year, in every forest.

What's special about the fires this summer is the sheer scale of it, and the context. The new president of Brazil recently dismantled environmental protections, and is extremely pro-business.

This year, there are more fires than ever in the history of the Amazon by A LOT. It is not a coincidence.

"My eyes are up here"

source.gif
Where is this from

There's so many bullshit coming around about the Amazon fires, and it's all political manipulation of popular opinion.

What is happening with big media and celebs against the brazilian president is quite the same as the fake news media and celebs do against Trump.

Stupid celebs and even Macron have been posting a picture that is proven to be more than a decade old.

And I'll tell you what: Nasa who monitores via sattelite has already said the fires in the Amazon are in the same average for the last 15 years.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145464/fires-in-brazil

The great thing about those days is that it would periodically cleanse the old dead wood in the forests. Natural order of things so to speak.

What happened up here in BC and AB(Two Canadian provinces) though, they had forestry services funded to clear out brush and debris to avoid massive fires. Then a new government came into power and cut back on this unnatural cleanse. Since none of it was being cleaned out the inevitable happened...And it happened hard.

They should have never gotten involved in trying to control the natural forest fires caused by lightning in the first place...but to stop at this point was asking for it...Knowing full well what would happen as a result.

It's one of those things you have to keep with after starting, or else face disastrous consequences.

<Gordonhat>

For the record I'm also a Canuck. Indeed we've got our own fire issues up here to worry about most years.

<Gordonhat>

For the record I'm also a Canuck. Indeed we've got our own fire issues up here to worry about most years.

The worst part is they also cut funding to forest firefighting response teams JUST BEFORE this shit happened.lol

You could almost use it as a political ploy against the NDP, just as some are using it against Brazil's president...Politics aside, stupid people will start fires every day, even when the tv and radio are screaming at them saying IT'S TOO GOD DAMN DRY FOR YOUR GOD DAMN BBQ KAREN!!!!

Half? That's being generous imo amigo.

I've come to the conclusion that 90% of the human population is functionally retarded and don't have the slightest clue what is transpiring around them.

"Idiocracy" is as important to understand as "1984".

That we are in the midst of an era in which "social media influencer" is the career aspiration of half of youthful society, I can only agree.

Back