Bellator fighter Alejandra Lara writes all over her body for the Amazon

this is what they mean when they say the medium is the message
basically 'look at me' all the rest is camouflage

uu9pmDP.gif

The picture that went viral were old pictures, for dramatic effect. The truth is there are always fires, every year, in every forest.

What's special about the fires this summer is the sheer scale of it, and the context. The new president of Brazil recently dismantled environmental protections, and is extremely pro-business.

This year, there are more fires than ever in the history of the Amazon by A LOT. It is not a coincidence.
Okay, just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments and that the explosion of fires going on are directly related to government policy and allowances for unchecked agricultural increase. It's too bad people on social media need to twist things to fit a narrative. It does a disservice to that very real narrative.

I hope all the animals can make it out. Especially the parrots /Macaws . We already made the blue spinx macaw go extinct .

PS. I've wondered for a while. Is your AV a picture of Rambo with Lou Diamond Phillips's face??
That hilarious.

Not sure if Robbie Lawler would like knowing he's been mistaken for Lou Diamond Phillips.

Rambo with Robbie. But now I'm actually thinking of re-doing with LDPs face......

I'd like to spend some time in her guard.

It's burning and has been for three weeks.
It's likely that they were intentionally started.
Ah, yea that's not getting much coverage.
I 'live under a rock' as they would put it. No social media, don't watch or listen to news, don't care whats happening in world.

Great way to get atttention.
So wait..we have bellator today or tomorrow?

As sad as it is to witness such pristine landscape on fire, I hope people understand that fire is integral to the health and longevity of the forest.

Has anyone confirmed if these were started from spite or are just a spike in typical yearly fires (ie lightning)?
From what I have read, it was started by farmers wanting the land to expand their farming business. Something along those lines, not sure if that's correct or not.

Her amazon is deforested tho? Hypocrites that women can be sometimes

I was in Greece, and a local told me that Turks come over and start wildfires every year. Went to Turkey a couple of years later and the hotel barman told me Greeks come over and start wildfires every year.

Mass slaughter and devastation for political reasons doesn't seem to bother some people.

Back