News Bellator LHW semi finals - 16th October

Yeah like I said a decade ago they cared. They cared what Affliction was doing. They dont care today.

If they cared you'd have seen a big main event on this card tonight.

and what are you talking about they financied an org to be first in France? Where was that ever reported?
Literally a few days before Bellator did their French event, the UFC started lromoting on their web page and twitter account some random MMA event to be held a day before Bellator's. They promoted it as the real first MMA show in France. It was quiet funny. Now, I dont have the UFC finances but Im pretty sure that was Dana being petty AF to sabotage Bellator's big night. Dana didnt need to bother, Bellator sabotaged thenselves with a horrible night of fights with Cheick fucking Kongo headlining.

Would’ve preferred Nemkov vs Anderson and Rumble vs Bader 2. Gives Nemkov a chance to get another name on his resume, and Rumble has a better chance at beating Bader than Anderson. Not really any need for a rematch against Nemkov and Bader.

Yeah like I said a decade ago they cared. They cared what Affliction was doing. They dont care today.

If they cared you'd have seen a big main event on this card tonight.

and what are you talking about they financied an org to be first in France? Where was that ever reported?
This actually did happen. UFC promoted some Fight Pass promotion 2 days before Bellator France just so Bellator technically wouldn't be the first mma event in France

Literally a few days before Bellator did their French event, the UFC started lromoting on their web page and twitter account some random MMA event to be held a day before Bellator's. They promoted it as the real first MMA show in France. It was quiet funny. Now, I dont have the UFC finances but Im pretty sure that was Dana being petty AF to sabotage Bellator's big night. Dana didnt need to bother, Bellator sabotaged thenselves with a horrible night of fights with Cheick fucking Kongo headlining.

Well at least they learned their lesson from tha...

221516422_1160549807800758_8320227333100641775_n.jpg

never mind.

Just last year they added a card only after Cyborg vs Budd was announced. They also tried to put a ppv together in the same area and night of Bader vs Fedor.

This actually did happen. UFC promoted some Fight Pass promotion 2 days before Bellator France just so Bellator technically wouldn't be the first mma event in France
This was hilarious, they advertised it as, "forget everything you have heard, this is the real first French MMA event!" or something like that. Im too lazy to look it up but it was just the epitome of pettiness.
Just last year they added a card only after Cyborg vs Budd was announced. They also tried to put a ppv together in the same area and night of Bader vs Fedor.
Bellator is not a threat, these are just to be assholes.

This was hilarious, they advertised it as, "forget everything you have heard, this is the real first French MMA event!" or something like that. Im too lazy to look it up but it was just the epitome of pettiness.

Bellator is not a threat, these are just to be assholes.

I found the Bader vs Fedor counter attempt to be the most petty. I think they even pulled fights from certain cards, before putting them back on the original cards after they gave up.

I found the Bader vs Fedor counter attempt to be the most petty. I think they even pulled fights from certain cards, before putting them back on the original cards after they gave up.
They did lol. I think that was more about Dana having a grudge against Fedor for telling him off when they were negotiating. Lesnar vs. Fedor would have done top 5 PPV off all time and it must keep Dana up at night

Bellator has an equal LHW division to the UFC. Like having 5 of the top 10 LHWs imo. Nemkov will win and Bader is too good a wrestler for Anderson to work with his gnp. Probably Bader get beaten up by Nemkov again in the finals.

Honestly I wish UFC did view Bellator as a threat and cared about what they did. Would force them to not let certain names guy like Mousasi, Rory, Bader, Bendo, just cutting Romero and Anderson mid contract etc.

That they'd go out and try and steal Bellator talent.

If Bellator had a big show like Sat they'd say lets go crush them and put a good title fight on ESPN to counter.

But they dont. They dont care one bit. They'll cut any name, release guys and let them go over, dont care about running a shit show against Bellator card cause they have so much guaranteed revenue they are too big to fail. They do 10x the viewers and make 10x the revenue.

The days of Dana's tombstone are long gone.

Found them

They did lol. I think that was more about Dana having a grudge against Fedor for telling him off when they were negotiating. Lesnar vs. Fedor would have done top 5 PPV off all time and it must keep Dana up at night
I agree, that was mostly out of spite towards Fedor.

Would’ve preferred Nemkov vs Anderson and Rumble vs Bader 2. Gives Nemkov a chance to get another name on his resume, and Rumble has a better chance at beating Bader than Anderson. Not really any need for a rematch against Nemkov and Bader.

Ryan and Rumble meet in the finals.

Hopefully

Honestly I wish UFC did view Bellator as a threat and cared about what they did. Would force them to not let certain names guy like Mousasi, Rory, Bader, Bendo, just cutting Romero and Anderson mid contract etc.

That they'd go out and try and steal Bellator talent.

If Bellator had a big show like Sat they'd say lets go crush them and put a good title fight on ESPN to counter.

But they dont. They dont care one bit. They'll cut any name, release guys and let them go over, dont care about running a shit show against Bellator card cause they have so much guaranteed revenue they are too big to fail. They do 10x the viewers and make 10x the revenue.

The days of Dana's tombstone are long gone.

Romero has health issues. He hasnt fought in 18 months now and the rumor is his eye cant get cleared to fight.

Out of all those guys you listed not one would make a difference under Ufc contract. I would of loved to see Rumble back in the Ufc and Mousasi get a title shot but besides that the rest of the guys werent going to hold a belt at any point.

Coker says he will be at 205 and will fight before end of the year. Would make sense to put him on this card with this being the LHW semi finals and a Saturday night card

What do you guys think the odds will be for the remaining fights for the 4 last fights of the tournament?

I think Vadim Nemkov will be a pretty decent favorite over Rumble, maybe open in the -250 / 300 range.

Corey Anderson vs Ryan Bader I expect to be close to a pick em, maybe Bader opens at like -140 just with respect to his championship run + only losing once in the last 5 years. Very winnable fight for Corey though, I think he'll have the cardio advantage but he's also more likely to get KO'd with his questionable chin.

Back