Bellator new Signings thread

Puetz is a weird one, his record looks great on paper but have a look at some of his losses.....in particular......he fucking lost to Khadis Ibragimov before he went to the UFC and went 0-3 or 0-4 and got cut.

Puetz is a weird one, his record looks great on paper but have a look at some of his losses.....in particular......he fucking lost to Khadis Ibragimov before he went to the UFC and went 0-3 or 0-4 and got cut.
It's obvious that Ibragimov is a USADA victim

It's obvious that Ibragimov is a USADA victim

Respectfully disagree.

What's his skillset? What is he actually good at? Because he looked like an absolute amateur in every single one of his UFC fights despite fighting 'okay' guys for the most part. I could understand the USADA thing if I could see 'something' in him - like heavy hands / KO power, good takedowns etc. He showed absolutely no skills - even juiced to the gills that guy would have struggled against the guys he was fighting.

Puetz has that loss to Ibragimov but also victories over Tybura and Viktor Nemkov. So he is a strange case, I guess we will find out. As far as Ibragimov, remember that when Ibragimov signed with the UFC he was supposed to be the next big thing; he was a finishing machine but obviously something strange happened to him as soon as he went to the UFC. He reminds me a lot of Wanderlei, as soon as he started being tested his body looked different, he lost punching power, he was slower...he was never really the same. He went from brutalizing Rampage twice to lossing to Chris fucking Leben, that should tell you something. Ibragimov went from 8-0 without being tested to 0-4 once he was tested...

Puetz has that loss to Ibragimov but also victories over Tybura and Viktor Nemkov. So he is a strange case, I guess we will find out. As far as Ibragimov, remember that when Ibragimov signed with the UFC he was supposed to be the next big thing; he was a finishing machine but obviously something strange happened to him as soon as he went to the UFC. He reminds me a lot of Wanderlei, as soon as he started being tested his body looked different, he lost punching power, he was slower...he was never really the same. He went from brutalizing Rampage twice to lossing to Chris fucking Leben, that should tell you something. Ibragimov went from 8-0 without being tested to 0-4 once he was tested...

He looked the same in his first fight against Jung. The problem was at the end of his onslaught of offence Jung was still there and he didn't have any answers.

Hasn't looked the same since.

His performance in his last fight was an absolute joke for a fighter in the UFC.

He's a having a lack of any discernable ability at MMA whatsoever victim.

Terrible fighter.
When he signed he had quiet a hype behind him, before he came to the US he looked legit. He was supposed to be the next big thing and he was a complete dud.

He looked the same in his first fight against Jung. The problem was at the end of his onslaught of offence Jung was still there and he didn't have any answers.

Hasn't looked the same since.

His performance in his last fight was an absolute joke for a fighter in the UFC.
Agree, i just wonder why he never looked the same. He has regressed so much since that fight that he looks like an entirely different fighter.

When he signed he had quiet a hype behind him, before he came to the US he looked legit. He was supposed to be the next big thing and he was a complete dud.

Agree, i just wonder why he never looked the same. He has regressed so much since that fight that he looks like an entirely different fighter.

I think it difficult to say for sure it was USADA when he fought the same way against Jung and never popped.

Against Herman he's facing a crafty veteran who's seen that if you can avoid giving him a chance to blitz you he'll tire a the fight goes on and does that.

Dolidze just big brothered him basically

Not sure on the Marques fight but he took it pretty soon after the Dolidze fight IIRC so not sure how much of a camp he got it. I try and forget that fight as Marques looked like an absolute bum too, maybe the lowest level male fight I've seen in the UFC since the last time CM Punk fought.

I think it difficult to say for sure it was USADA when he fought the same way against Jung and never popped.

Against Herman he's facing a crafty veteran who's seen that if you can avoid giving him a chance to blitz you he'll tire a the fight goes on and does that.

Dolidze just big brothered him basically

Not sure on the Marques fight but he took it pretty soon after the Dolidze fight IIRC so not sure how much of a camp he got it. I try and forget that fight as Marques looked like an absolute bum too, maybe the lowest level male fight I've seen in the UFC since the last time CM Punk fought.

Yeah, I remember thinking 'fuck, if Ibragimov loses to this no mark, he might be one of the worst flops in recent memory'. Marques looked bush league himself, he'll go 0-2 and be cut himself now.

I should have posted this when I first saw it, but Dalton Rosta re-signed with Bellator

As far as I know Ibragimov also works in the military or something, maybe something happened that changed his mentality or he didn't focus on fighting enough. Was quite suprised to see him flop too, I was sure he would bounce back but he never did.
Puetz could be very decent, but I never really watched his fights. He is one of the few german MMA Fighters who actually went on to fight succesfully on the international scene, I might be a bit biased cause he is from the area I am from but he could make some waves.

As far as I know Ibragimov also works in the military or something, maybe something happened that changed his mentality or he didn't focus on fighting enough. Was quite suprised to see him flop too, I was sure he would bounce back but he never did.
Puetz could be very decent, but I never really watched his fights. He is one of the few german MMA Fighters who actually went on to fight succesfully on the international scene, I might be a bit biased cause he is from the area I am from but he could make some waves.
Puetz beat #15 UFC HW Tybura, he's 1-1 with Viktor Nemkov and beat Myasnikov also.

I think Ibragimov is just a USADA victim

Puetz beat #15 UFC HW Tybura, he's 1-1 with Viktor Nemkov and beat Myasnikov also.

I think Ibragimov is just a USADA victim

Everyone else in the UFC that he was getting beaten by was under USADA though, so maybe he's just shit. He's genuinely one of the worst fighters I've seen in the UFC and I've seen every fighter that's ever been in the UFC.

Back