Bellator new Signings thread

Demarques Jackson

200.gif

Demarques Jackson

He's 1-0 in Bellator (won a split). Not everyone they sign has to be undefeated and to be the next champ. It's a good addition for depth but they have plenty of guys like this at LW. If they sign guys like him at least let them be at MW and HW more than FW, LW and WW which already have plenty of fighters.

He's 1-0 in Bellator (won a split). Not everyone they sign has to be undefeated and to be the next champ. It's a good addition for depth but they have plenty of guys like this at LW. If they sign guys like him at least let them be at MW and HW more than FW, LW and WW which already have plenty of fighters.
He is coming off a decent win but it is still a headscratcher. It is very different from their late signings.

He is coming off a decent win but it is still a headscratcher. It is very different from their late signings.
Yeah, I'm not defending this signing but I understand why they signed him. Look at MW, they don't have many fighters like this guy so they had to book Aguiar vs Murtazaliev right from the start. They have plenty of prospects in every division, they really need some fighters with some losses too, not only undefeated fighters that chase the belt.

I wouldn't mind him vs Mota, Andrews, Omer, Bak, Wilde, Hughes, Nallo, Newell, Mousah, Landu etc etc

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not defending this signing but I understand why they signed him. Look at MW, they don't have many fighters like this guy so they had to book Aguiar vs Murtazaliev right from the start. They have plenty of prospects in every division, they really need some fighters with some losses too, not only undefeated fighters that chase the belt.

I wouldn't mind him vs Mota, Andrews, Omer, Bak, Wilde, Hughes, Nallo, Newell, Mousah, Landu etc etc
I think Mota, Andrews, and Bak are a bit above the rest of the other guys. They should be fighting a bit above that level, IMO. Maybe against someone like Georgi, Piccolotti, Quealy, etc.

I think Mota, Andrews, and Bak are a bit above the rest of the other guys. They should be fighting a bit above that level, IMO. Maybe against someone like Georgi, Piccolotti, Quealy, etc.
Yes they are but Mota and Andrews lost their last one and Bak only had one fight in Bellator. That's why I listed them also

Another filler signing really. Whoever was doing the signings a couple of months ago needs to be making them again.
You were the first one to say Bellator doesn't have enough depth. You know you can't fill the roster only with champions, right?

You were the first one to say Bellator doesn't have enough depth. You know you can't fill the roster only with champions, right?

This isn't the kind of depth I meant though, these are substandard signings.

This isn't the kind of depth I meant though, these are substandard signings.
That's the point in these signings, for their prospects to beat them up. They have way too many prospects in every divisions and they can't make them fight against each other, that would be stupid. Look at MW they only have a couple of fighters like these two, and they had to book Aguiar vs Murtazaliev right from the start. If they had them, they would climb the rankings separately.

<seedat>

That's the point in these signings, for their prospects to beat them up. They have way too many prospects in every divisions and they can't make them fight against each other, that would be stupid. Look at MW they only have a couple of fighters like these two, and they had to book Aguiar vs Murtazaliev right from the start. If they had them, they would climb the rankings separately.

<seedat>

I suppose they could make sense for the really green guys as transition fighter before fighting proper competition. Aguiar and Murtazaliev are both far too good to fight them. I'd almost rather they did their version of Strikeforce Challengers for that though.

I guess Terrado is probably a late replacement to get beaten up by Berkhamov.

Back