Bellator new Signings thread

Well we now know who Bellator's mystery man heavyweight is....
Mystery man revealed as former England rugby ace James Haskell signs with Bellator

The 6-foot-4-inch former international rugby star weighed in at around 260 pounds during his playing career, and is expected to make his Bellator debut in 2020. A press released from the promotion’s European PR team officially confirmed his signing on Thursday.
The 34-year-old has been training at the London Shootfighters gym, home to Bellator welterweight star Michael “Venom” Page, and will now spend the rest of the year sharpening his skills ahead of his expected Bellator debut “in the first half of 2020.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/mystery-man-revealed-as-former-england-rugby-ace-james-haskell-signs-for-bellator?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

Good luck to Haskell. I know he’s been doing bjj for a few years. Rugby stands him in good stead regards conditioning, toughness and aggression. He’s a HW so the guys he’ll fight wont be as skilled as the smaller guys.
After seeing him shadow boxing I am concerned about his stand up though. Too still, not very natural

After competing on “The Ultimate Fighter,” Dana White’s Contender Series, LFA, and various other regional promotions, Jason Jackson has finally found a home with a major promotion.

Jackson (10-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who trains out of Hard Knocks 365 in South Florida, has signed with Bellator, a promotion official confirmed following a congratulatory tweet from LFA. The terms were not disclosed, however, Jackson stated on social media it’s a multi-fight deal.

Good luck to Haskell. I know he’s been doing bjj for a few years. Rugby stands him in good stead regards conditioning, toughness and aggression. He’s a HW so the guys he’ll fight wont be as skilled as the smaller guys.
After seeing him shadow boxing I am concerned about his stand up though. Too still, not very natural

He’s an impressive athlete. But he’s had a lot of injuries which is why he retired.

I hope his new career goes well.,

The son of UFC and PRIDE veteran Chris Brennan has inked an exclusive deal with Bellator MMA.

Bellator MMA officials today told MMA Junkie that 19-year-old Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Lucas Brennan (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) has signed a multi-fight contract with the promotion

How likely do you guys think it is that Victor Henry would be signed by Bellator now that Barnett is there? I mean you would’ve thought that Barnett could’ve gotten him into the UFC while he was there but that didn’t seem to happen. I like Henry though and he has torn it up overseas.He seems like he would be a great fit for Bellator and a much needed one as well.

Cage Warriors Two-Division Champion Soren Bak Signs with Bellator MMA

Soren is a super impressive guy who last had a great win over Morgan Charierre, hope to see him rise up in the promotion.

DWCS alum Julius Anglickas signs with Bellator. Their 205 is looking pretty nice lately.

DWCS alum Julius Anglickas signs with Bellator. Their 205 is looking pretty nice lately.

Ah damn, was hoping the UFC would eventually pick up Anglickas but good for him.

Kyle Crutchmer signs a deal with Bellator. It's a smart enough signing. Kyle is a good prospect. I'm guessing it's a 6 fight deal, because he said it would be a 6 figure deal.

Kyle has been wanting to fight Dillon Danis for a while now. It could happen.

I read big potential from this guy. Cormier is high on him and Javier Mendez said he was close to making submit Khabib during grappling

Ronny Markes joins Bellator

He's looked horrible the last couple of times I've seen him. Seems to be getting heavier every fight too, wouldn't be surprised if he struggles to make heavyweight one day. He was boring even at his peak.

I do not like Ronny Markes!

He's looked horrible the last couple of times I've seen him. Seems to be getting heavier every fight too, wouldn't be surprised if he struggles to make heavyweight one day. He was boring even at his peak.

I do not like Ronny Markes!

weird acquisition if you ask me. Bellator has added at least 5-6 Ali Abdelaziz clients recently. Markes is one of them. Looks like a package deal. Lowering the price of a free agent and added him to Ronny. Because like you said he has looked like crap recently

Bellator does this pretty regularly.

UFC have done it a couple times, I remember a big PPV following a TUF Finale or vice versa, two nights running. UFC 200 weekend had more than one card too.

I'm telling you right now, Bellatow won't survive this coming years.

They ratings are down, they're last tv channel dropped them down.

Coker pays a helluva amount of cash for washed out fighters that people don't care about anymore.

Wait till the sponsors drop out and this company will fold.

They need to get rid of Coker or sell this promotion to KSW or ONE.

Back