Bellator new Signings thread

Definitely. I think most upper-tier wrestlers could hypothetically beat him if they were able to survive and tire him out.

He is a prospect that is still developing. While he may have a championship level ceiling he definitely needs to improve his wrestling and conditioning to realize his full potential in the sport.

From what I read it sounded as though he had been having a hard time getting fights in Russia since he left ACA, so perhaps signing with an international promotion like Bellator is what he needed to make the most of everything.
Fucking Bellator will probay match Popov and Bilostenniy in their first fight rather than build them up. If they play their cards right, they can build a healthy HW division.

They should make a play for Cappelozza, Delija, and/or Ferriera for PFL next. They seem to have shit contracts and could be open to move.

Sarvadzhon Khamidov turned down contender series spot for a contract with Bellator

FA4FE753-583D-4266-B543-9CFE955208AE.jpeg

83B529CB-2771-46E4-AF4B-115EACE93508.jpeg

Don’t speak Russian but looks like it’s official

Looks like it’s the Pitbull fight. AJ fumbled the bag. He should go to LW and fight Usman.
Pitbull vs. Borics in Milan is an amazing main event. Really nice that the prospect train wasn’t derailed when he looked lost against Caldwell’s ground game and he really developed into a world class fighter

Any guesses?

I think ufc gave him a good deal.

Any guesses?

I think ufc gave him a good deal.

Yes, thats what it seems to suggest. I think Bellator dropped the ball here. Fighters like Burgos dont become free agents too often.

Yes, thats what it seems to suggest. I think Bellator dropped the ball here. Fighters like Burgos dont become free agents too often.

I don't know if they dropped the ball. It's possible he was never really considering anywhere else but said he would consider it as a negotiation tactic. He might well have had no interest in going (lets be honest most UFC fighters in their primes don't).

Unless UFC waived the exclusive negotiation period, I don’t see him being able to leave this quickly. All signs point to him having re-signed. Unless they did waive it, Bellator offered, and ufc declined matching rights. And that would all have to have happened in the past 2 weeks.

I don't know if they dropped the ball. It's possible he was never really considering anywhere else but said he would consider it as a negotiation tactic. He might well have had no interest in going (lets be honest most UFC fighters in their primes don't).
True, I dont mind him staying or going to Bellator. There are plenty of compelling match ups in either organization. It would suck if he signed with PFL, though. Maybe that is what he means by "bet on yourself". It would be the equivalent of Soldic signing with ONE.

Unless UFC waived the exclusive negotiation period, I don’t see him being able to leave this quickly. All signs point to him having re-signed. Unless they did waive it, Bellator offered, and ufc declined matching rights. And that would all have to have happened in the past 2 weeks.
It wouldnt be the first time but it is pretty uncommon for the UFC (or any major org) to be that nice to a fighter.

Shane's lil bro is picking up wins. Seems to be a similar type of fighter and not like Bellator is against signing the relatives of UFC fighters

Shane's lil bro is picking up wins. Seems to be a similar type of fighter and not like Bellator is against signing the relatives of UFC fighters

Ryan is a flyweight though.

Ryan is a flyweight though.
You are right, I thought he was bigger. He is also only 5'5 so not much space for him to bulk up as he gets older. Maybe it would be a perfect signing to finally open a Flyweight division and close down Women's FW and start atomweight.

Plus when Pettis loses his title to the winner of the Grand Prix, perfect start to the division with Pettis and Horiguchi rematch at Flyweight for the inaugural belt. Hey Bellator, hire me and the rest of the Sherdog squad, that is a ready made banger to start your division and has history to it

Last edited:

surprised he was never offered anything but hindsight is 20/20. If he keeps winning then it’s all good

surprised he was never offered anything but hindsight is 20/20. If he keeps winning then it’s all good

This guy is gonna be a star imo. Got the looks, from a big name camp and he’s down to bang. If he wins tonight he’s straight to UFC.

I dunno if it's a hindsight thing, we were all saying he should have been offered a deal at the time.

Back