Belly fat

Some people just have one spot that is the last place the weight comes off. It's very common for it to be the belly. For me it's actually the face. I have to get pretty low for my face to look thin.

Although I also struggle with the belly. Lucky me

The gut is just the last place it comes off. You just need to keep eating at a deficit until that goes too. Eating low carb definitely helps. Carbs are energy and that's what you're trying to get rid of. High protein, moderate fat and low carb is the way to go imo. Intense exercise like heavy weightlifting, circuit training or sprints help a lot too.
<PlusJuan>
People think you can still "spot" treat fat areas but that's not how we are built.

As for TS question, fat loss starts at the extremities first i.e. your face, arms, legs etc. It's usually why you notice someone's face slimming down first when they've lost some weight. Unfortunately your gut is usually the last of it to go.

I had big complexes because of my figure, and in particular my fat belly .....

Last edited:
That is all genetics and where your body chooses to store fat, seems like it is a priority holding spot for fat on your body, nothing you can really do but just keep upping your cardio regimen and keep on a calorie deficit

You're meant to have a bit of fat on your belly. Look at Josh Barnett and Emealenko, both beasts with fat bellies.

If you really want to get rid of it, go on an ultra strict diet. Unless you're genetically gifted though, it's not really worth being miserable to get a 6 pack in my view.

My brother had the same problem. First thing you have to do is to stop drinking beer or any fizzy drinks. Also, you need to do more abs exercises. This should help

Sounds like your problem is your workout is all cardio... just running and biking.

What you need to do is lift! 45 minutes of lifting is far more productive than these long jogs and bike rides for hours n hours.

Cardio is overrated as hell for losing weight. Cardio is the biggest exercise lie of all time. Yes of course you need some but there is an epidemic of people thinking it should be most of and in many cases all of their workout. LIFTing is king!

even just some dumbbell n bar stuff is gonna put way more of a dent into that gut than these absurdly long jogs and bike rides do.

The large majority of your workouts need to be lifting from now on. Cardio as the majority is a lie made by people who are trying to make excuses to not lift. Then there is the whole “but I don’t want to bulk up I want to be lean” excuse women make to not lift. Nobody is bulking up before that waist line shrinks if there’s one that needs shrinking.

Last edited:
Also all these long drawn out post, you just need to know spot reduction is a myth. The only way to loose fat is to be in a caloric deficit.

The sandwich could be a problem even if it’s low cal. I’ve tried Ezekiel bread lately instead of the standard whole wheat and that has helped me lose some weight

Also all these long drawn out post, you just need to know spot reduction is a myth. The only way to loose fat is to be in a caloric deficit.

This could be utter bro science, but I am pretty certain that alcohol gets stored differently than other calories on my body and namely, the face, the chin area and the belly.

That’s where alcohol likes to “hang” out but that’s just cause there’s a lot of water in the chin, belly..etc. More seriously your vital organs are holding onto water and are dehydrated to. Alcohol is an inflammatory substance, meaning it tends to cause swelling in the body. The inflammation can result in gas, discomfort, and more bloating. Anyone trying to loose weight needs to stay away from it, esp beer (which has so much sodium in it it’s unreal) and stick to clear liquors. Don’t binge all the time on them. Also drinking water after a few helps bloating and swelling (numerous studies done on this).

Cardio...cardio...cardio.

Run 5k every other day and come back in a month and let me know how much belly fat you have left.

"Maybe some ice cream after"
"might have a couple beers"
"sandwich an chips"
<{anton}>

To lose fat you just have to lose fight. Get yourself in a calorie deficit and stay there. Based on what you wrote above, I'd try to lay off of the beer and ice cream for a while.

I’m fairly young and healthy. Don’t smoke or drink. Every morning I either eat a small egg sandwich or a bowl of soup.

Later during the day, I’ll eat a decent size meal. Something along the line two chicken legs and a plate of rice with veggies. And then around 2-3am I might eat the same thing again.

Not recently I’ve been developing a belly gut. I don’t think I eat that much. I don’t go out at all sadly due to the virus so not getting any exercise.

How do I lose this gut before it gets more out of control?? I try starving myself but end up giving out lol. Should I do sit-ups and planks daily??
Sit ups are a crock of shit and waste of your time. You need to get into a calorie deficit to lose fat. However you do that is up to you. I like calorie tracking and focusing on nutritious food. Cardio and strength training will obviously help some, but won't do it all for you.

Stop drinking “a couple of beers”

The problem could be lack of cardio or poor nutrition or a couple of beers, dudes. There is another option that the problem is in the body. Maybe hormones, maybe something else. Gotta check

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back