Belly fat

Get rid of the coffee. I had the same problem. When that was gone, in addition to sugar in all its many forms, starchy carbs, I lost 30 pounds in two months, abs included.

Some people can not have coffee and you may be one of them.
LOLOLOL etc for infinity . Yeah dropping the stimulant was the key. Give your head a shake.

How the fuck do you lose it?

Last 3 months been eating healthy n running or biking about 2 to 5 miles a day depending on schedule. I'm 46 n Went from 5 11 225 n got down to 190 now. I see the weight loss in my face and neck n definitely feel healthier. But the beer gut wont go away no matter what it's almost like its mocking me.

Is their a legit supplement that helps with belly fat? an exercise other than sit ups ?

I cant do sit ups during to a hernia.

Speaking as someone who has had a hernia repaired (and is a personal trainer), the reason you got the hernia in the first place was a weakness in your core frame muscles. It's no wonder that you have a subcutaneous fat layer in this area. This area is weak. Also genetics, diet, and training play a role.

The best way I've found to zap this subcutaneous fat layer is a high fat/full keto diet. You must get your carbs below 20 grams a day. This will send your body into a cascade of fat burning. You will lose water at first, and then after that, you will start burning into your fat stores. Your energy will skyrocket.

STOP running. STOP jogging. All this is doing is burning your existing muscle.

Do full body, heavy weight exercises like bench presses, dead lifts, squats, shoulder presses, and bent over rows. This will preserve and grow muscle fibers. Remember, muscle itself is thermogenic. It burns fat even by the mere fact that it exists.

STOP doing sit ups or ab crunches. They do little for your physique. Stick with exercises that focus on the V portion of your frame.... Bench presses, shoulder presses, bent over rows. Lift heavy weights and get the most out of the last 2 reps in your set. Squeeze for dear life and focus like a laser beam on that muscle that you are contracting.

Get rid of the coffee. I had the same problem. When that was gone, in addition to sugar in all its many forms, starchy carbs, I lost 30 pounds in two months, abs included.

Some people can not have coffee and you may be one of them.

I know a guy at my gym that takes 4 GRAMS of caffeine anhydrous a day. To put that in perspective, a cup of coffee might have 40 to 80 milligrams of caffeine. This guy takes 4 grams. Insane.

I'm having some success losing belly fat of late at the age of 50. I still have a ways to go with fat loss but I'm making good progress of late. In the morning before breakfast have noticed that I'm able to see my abs.

What I'm doing different is following the ideas in Dr. Robert Thompson's book, The Calcium Lie. The book can be seen here ~

The Calcium Lie II: What Your Doctor Still Doesn't Know

Basically the author theorizes that we're consuming to much calcium in our diet and taking to many calcium supplements. He theorizes that excess calcium in the diet is leading to a host of health problems, one problem being that it causes obesity.

So I've cut out dairy products from my diet. I also don't take a supplement with calcium in it.

So far so good, along with exercising an hour a day I'm losing the fat.

Good point. I have heard that lack of proper calcium absorbption can cause blockages of the arteries thats some people are recomending that you need the right fat soluble vitamins like vitamin k2 and vitamin d to make sure the calcium actually goes towards bone density and not the arteries.

I lost a lot of weight, and am currently dealing with excess skin. Anyone knows good exercises to tighten it up? Gay picture in spoiler to get an image of what I’m dealing with. Shows much better when I’m sitting. Do sit ups and all that, but it is holding steadfast. About 40, so maybe it is just much harder. Not a fitness guy, so idk.
Fasting may help by putting your body in autophagy (when the body recycles cells it doesnt need) which might help to make your skin more elastic and less loose as you loose weight.
https://siimland.com/does-autophagy-reduce-loose-skin-fasting-and-loose-skin/#:~:text=In cases of extreme weight,to the new weight quicker.

LOLOLOL etc for infinity . Yeah dropping the stimulant was the key. Give your head a shake.

Millennial,

Take it up with the neuro doctor I was seeing who made all of his patients cut out coffee because of potential leaky gut issues and anything that can potentially cause inflammation in the body. It's not about a simple stimulant from a pill but the acidity of coffee. If you've had gut rot from coffee or know someone who has, it's the stimulant???

Also when I went back to coffee and kept the other stuff out except for once or twice a week, the weight came back on.

I know a guy at my gym that takes 4 GRAMS of caffeine anhydrous a day. To put that in perspective, a cup of coffee might have 40 to 80 milligrams of caffeine. This guy takes 4 grams. Insane.

I was drinking 2 to 8 cups a day.

Two to three weeks of withdraw is not fun.

Fasting may help by putting your body in autophagy (when the body recycles cells it doesnt need) which might help to make your skin more elastic and less loose as you loose weight.
https://siimland.com/does-autophagy-reduce-loose-skin-fasting-and-loose-skin/#:~:text=In cases of extreme weight,to the new weight quicker.
Thanks man. I’ve actually done this without knowing it would help, and looking back, it might have helped a bit. Not enough imo, but, I am getting old. Might just be my genes.

Thanks again though.

Thanks man. I’ve actually done this without knowing it would help, and looking back, it might have helped a bit. Not enough imo, but, I am getting old. Might just be my genes.

Thanks again though.
No problem. I hope this info actually helps you out. I think the article mentions a few other stuff that might help like collagen supplements or from bone broth.

Millennial,

Take it up with the neuro doctor I was seeing who made all of his patients cut out coffee because of potential leaky gut issues and anything that can potentially cause inflammation in the body. It's not about a simple stimulant from a pill but the acidity of coffee. If you've had gut rot from coffee or know someone who has, it's the stimulant???

Also when I went back to coffee and kept the other stuff out except for once or twice a week, the weight came back on.

Millennial ?

Not sure what you are getting at, was that supposed to be some kind of pejorative regarding my age ? Pretty weak as well as incorrect if so, up your game or don't bother.

Your neuro, being well educated, likely would have picked up on the fact that the thread is about belly fat. Not weight, fat. I doubt he or she would disagree with anything I said.

If you or any of your medical squad or anyone on the planet for that matter can explain to me and prove how they defeat the laws of thermodynamics as they apply to bodyfat in this situation I'm all ears.

Send me the info in PM though please, when I take it public their is going to be a lot of media attention when I am awarded my Nobel Prize. It's over a million bucks now so I need time to change my cell number before word gets around.

Calories Consumed vs Calories Utilized. It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already.

Good point. I have heard that lack of proper calcium absorbption can cause blockages of the arteries thats some people are recomending that you need the right fat soluble vitamins like vitamin k2 and vitamin d to make sure the calcium actually goes towards bone density and not the arteries.

I used to be hopeful that was one of the causes of heart disease. Now I'm not as certain about that idea, with taking vitamin D and vitamin K2. I personally stopped taking those supplements. I likely would have been fine taking them with in optical testing levels though.

The theory i now go with for cardiac prevention is trying to avoid blood clots. (Blood clots have calcium in them which can be measured.) Some of the things I do is, less stress as stress can cause the blood to clot. Taking a nitric oxide supplement as it things out the blood. I'll sunbathe some, which raises vitamin D levels along with thins out the blood, preventing clotting, etc.

I used to be hopeful that was one of the causes of heart disease. Now I'm not as certain about that idea, with taking vitamin D and vitamin K2. I personally stopped taking those supplements. I likely would have been fine taking them with in optical testing levels though.

The theory i now go with for cardiac prevention is trying to avoid blood clots. (Blood clots have calcium in them which can be measured.) Some of the things I do is, less stress as stress can cause the blood to clot. Taking a nitric oxide supplement as it things out the blood. I'll sunbathe some, which raises vitamin D levels along with thins out the blood, preventing clotting, etc.
Good food for thought I'll look into it farther. I do know bioavailability is important and that supplental vitamin d has been linked to calcification of the arteries. I would imagine supplementing vitamin k2 is not as safe and beneficial as getting the k2 from animal sources.

You can't spot reduce fat. For a lot of people, stomach is usually the last place to go. You just have to stay at caloric deficit consistently. Diet + time will get you there.

You can help it along with cardio or you can just be really strict on your diet. Either way, you need to be at a caloric deficit for months if not a year.

Millennial,

Fat loss/gain is the product of a calorie deficit/surplus. Coffee has almost no calories, unless you sweeten it or add milk, and in that case we’re not talking about coffee anymore. What is the supposed mechanism through which coffee consumption alone would produce fat gain? I don’t believe there is any, and I don’t think any doctor would say so either.

Coffee causing acid reflux or an upset stomach in some people would be a separate issue.

Fat loss/gain is the product of a calorie deficit/surplus. Coffee has almost no calories, unless you sweeten it or add milk, and in that case we’re not talking about coffee anymore. What is the supposed mechanism through which coffee consumption alone would produce fat gain? I don’t believe there is any, and I don’t think any doctor would say so either.

Coffee causing acid reflux or an upset stomach in some people would be a separate issue.

The only thing I can think of is coffee potentially causing you to produce more cortisol which might lead to weight gain if elevated enough. I couldn't imagine a cup or two a day being enough to cause levels to rise that high. Just pissing in the wind here since I don't have a bunch of science in front of me to confirm my hypothesis.

The only thing I can think of is coffee potentially causing you to produce more cortisol which might lead to weight gain if elevated enough. I couldn't imagine a cup or two a day being enough to cause levels to rise that high. Just pissing in the wind here since I don't have a bunch of science in front of me to confirm my hypothesis.

Yeah, I'm sure some hormonal factors could affect weight loss/gain too. I'm just skeptical of coffee consumption affecting those so significantly that you see an effect even if you have a healthy diet, as you say.

From a quick search it seems like people with chronically elevated cortisol are at risk for weight gain, although some of it seems to be because cortisol is also elevated by stress, and stress/depression also generates hunger and cravings. So that might be just correlation. People with a disorder that generates abnormal levels of cortisol seem to be at risk for weight gain too, but these folks produce around 20 times the normal level, something I don't think caffeine can do unless you're doing something totally insane. So unless you're doing something extreme or are some abnormal hyper responder, I'd be pretty skeptical about cutting coffee, although as you say, I'm too lazy to dig up all the evidence too.

Last edited:
I lost 25 lbs in 4 months by getting back to lifting, while in a slight caloric deficit. I lift fairly heavy, using a six day split, and do cardio a few times a week consisting of heavy bag work and swimming. Oh and I cut out all alcohol

Try the Keto Diet, and stop doing so much cardio. Excessive cardio make you hungry and eat more.

Belly fat goes away really hard bud, especially on the lower part

Back