Best and Worst TUF Seasons

Edmond's Accountant

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
With the UFC announcing it was bringing back TUF, what IYO are the show's best and worst seasons.

The best are the OG original and S5 in my opinion.

The worst? Most of them are highly forgettable and repetitive.

Worst is probably China. In terms of domestic talent I'd say 25. Wtf is the point of a comeback season for guys who didn't belong in the UFC?

In terms of show format 21 was unbearably bad, as it wasn't even a tournament. Just a goofy point system. However the talent on that season was obviously quite good.

20 and 24 were extremely enjoyable because of the stakes. (20 crowned the first 115 champion. 24 determined the #1 contender at 125).

Season 7 (Griffin v. Rampage) and 17 (Jones v. Sonnen) are my all time favorites. Amir Sadollah's run on TUF is still the GOAT and TUF17 was the first time they really changed up the production and stuff and overall it was an amazing season in terms of fights, fighters and coaches.

5 and 14 are probably my runner ups.

TUF 1 & TUF 10 are my favourites, least favourites are easily the international ones. There simply wasn't enough talent or personalities in the later seasons for it to draw ratings, they started pumping seasons out way too frequently.

The best was probably season 5 and worst was probably 16

TUF 6 was the best.

Last edited:
IMO, the worst is TUF with Rousey and TateI. Didn't like it at all. And the best is TUF 17: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen

I liked the first and the one w Rampage, Titties and Crybaby.

Best: 1, 5, 7, 9, 10
Worst: Pretty much the rest, but that McGregor vs Faber season was terrible in terms of fighter quality.

The worst has to be when Colton Smith decisioned his way throughout the entire bracket. Although that season did give us Magny and Alvey who both lost early on. Oh and the “Let Me Bang bro” guy.

Seasons 1 to 5 were the best imo. I kind of tuned out after bisping and mayhem

Season 1 for me is the greatest, it was such a shit show with Leben, Sanchez, Koscheck and that big guy who kept bullying Leben!
Worst season for me was probably Carwin vs Nelson, almost all fights was crap that season

5 was the best for me.

In terms of worst, I found Season 9 a bit boring personally. I havent' seen any of TUF Brazil or anything to comment though.

Back