Best/Favorite Guitar Solos?

Kratos94

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
To start this off, I will list some of the more obvious (but definitely warranted) picks:
Comfortably Numb
Stairway to Heaven
Freebird
Money
Time

Some of my favorites are:
Crossfire - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Couldn't Stand the Weather - Stevie Ray Vaughan (my favorite)

Any other additions?

Angus is the king of the perfect guitar solo. SRV is the GOAT. It’s impossible for me to name one!

The solo starts around 3.14 and goes til the end of the song. I love slow, long solos like this one. I really don't like the song itself, it's a little cringeworthy, but the solo is so beautiful.

This is Jeff Beck's solo, it's my all-time favourite solo by him or anyone else. Starts around 1.48.

The second solo in this song is a killer, 2.48. You'd think this would be totally out of place in a Carpenters' song, but it isn't?
Apparently at the time of recording the song Richard Carpenter told guitarist Tony Peluso to just go for it, and he did.

At 2.16 the twin-guitar solo from Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham kicks in. Beautiful guitar harmonies from the classic Lizzy line-up.

A very short and simple solo, 0.48. Obviously a solo doesn't have to be technically brilliant for it to be fantastic.The solo is played by both George Harrison and John Lennon.
Another simple but great solo from a Beatles song is Something.

This is from the days when Lizzy were a trio with Eric Bell on guitar, the solo starts around 4.53.

Starts at 1.41 with twin lead harmonies, before Brian Robertson[Rocky, the song is about him] lets loose on his own.

Back