Best/Favorite Guitar Solos?

This is Procol Harum when they had Robin Trower as their guitarist, yes they did other stuff besides A Whiter Shade of Pale!
Robin wrote this as a tribute after Hendrix died. It's a very spaced out song with spoken word through some of it. Robin plays Hendrix licks throughout. Imo it's pretty amazing.

Magic Man by Heart has a great solo.
Hendrix's Little Wing has a beautiful, delicate solo in it, my favourite solo of his.
Time by Pink Floyd, great solo by Gilmour, my favourite of his.

This is Jeff Beck's tune Where Were You. Doesn't have a solo as such, however the whammy-bar control is so controlled and precise, the whole song is like a solo. The first time i heard this i couldn't believe it. Great album cover too, as you can see!

Queen's Chinese Torture. If you can't stand Brian May's guitar tone, you're gonna hate this short solo/instrumental. It has THE Queen sound.

UFO briefly employed Atomik Tommy M as their guitarist, he brought the band from the seventies to the eighties with his playing. He could shred, tap, and he looked the part. One of my all-time favourite solos, starts at 2.25.

Magic Man by Heart has a great solo.
Hendrix's Little Wing has a beautiful, delicate solo in it, my favourite solo of his.
Time by Pink Floyd, great solo by Gilmour, my favourite of his.

This is Jeff Beck's tune Where Were You. Doesn't have a solo as such, however the whammy-bar control is so controlled and precise, the whole song is like a solo. The first time i heard this i couldn't believe it. Great album cover too, as you can see!

Time has a special place in my heart, that feeling it gives me makes me not want to abuse the song because if the nostalgia has gone then it will never feel the same.

Fade to Black is one of my all time favorite songs by Metallica; the solo in the studio version is a perfect conclusion to this masterpiece - unfortunately, Hammet insists on playing this live (with MANY others) using an awful tone which he masks with wah. This solo doesn't need any wah at all:

This is Procol Harum when they had Robin Trower as their guitarist, yes they did other stuff besides A Whiter Shade of Pale!
Robin wrote this as a tribute after Hendrix died. It's a very spaced out song with spoken word through some of it. Robin plays Hendrix licks throughout. Imo it's pretty amazing.

Trower has some great solo albums. More power blues like.

Going with

No more tears Zak Wild. Cant find the long version of him playing.
Night by Night Dokken---Lynch ..No live either or really too lazy to search.

True story: When people were talking about "that" solo from Comfortably Numb (Gilmour) I was never able to figure out which one - there are two, obviously. Still don't know.

True story: When people were talking about "that" solo from Comfortably Numb (Gilmour) I was never able to figure out which one - there are two, obviously. Still don't know.
Definitely the first one, the second is garbage lmao - nobody likes the second one - rated one of the worst of all time

Back