Best Fighting Game on PS4?

I doubt they'll make any major changes this late into the games life.

They found a possible new mechanic in the latest patch that could possibly be a new defensive option. They may add one in for S5, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I posted it in the SF thread.

They found a possible new mechanic in the latest patch that could possibly be a new defensive option. They may add one in for S5, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I posted it in the SF thread.

Hm, interesting. It looks like something unused.

You think that game is fun? oof.

I think its the most disappointing title for me.

Hell, yeah. I like the slower pace and the lack of combos. I like that it has a focus on footsies. EVO had a lot of entrants for it, almost as much as Tekken and SFV. A lot of SF players were in it too. Too bad the online is/was trash.

Tekken 7 is the best fighting game on PS4 for me. I just play mostly single player though because online I just take a severe ass whooping lol. If you want to play me just hit me up, but be gentle and give me some chances haha.

You think that game is fun? oof.

I think its the most disappointing title for me.

I'm really enjoying it. It's intense, doesn't feel like any other fighting game to me. Some matches have the best standoffs, with the great footsies and high damage.

Tekken 7 is the best fighting game on PS4 for me. I just play mostly single player though because online I just take a severe ass whooping lol. If you want to play me just hit me up, but be gentle and give me some chances haha.
That's interesting to hear, because Tekken 7 seems to have very little single player content compared to other modern fighting games. I haven't played in ages, so maybe it has changed, but I remember there not even being a simple "vs CPU" mode which for a modern game is almost as much an offline staple as arcade mode IMO.

That's interesting to hear, because Tekken 7 seems to have very little single player content compared to other modern fighting games. I haven't played in ages, so maybe it has changed, but I remember there not even being a simple "vs CPU" mode which for a modern game is almost as much an offline staple as arcade mode IMO.

It's probably one of the worst when it comes to offline content. It has a lot less than it's predecessors.

Yeah I agree there single player is very limited which really sucks, I wish they made the story mode so much longer, its too short, I like the treasure battle but it can be a bit repetitive, but I really like the style of Tekken, I had them all since Tekken 2.

I don't get too game like I used too these days, so when I do play I still enjoy it, probably because I don't do it everyday. I know there is much more fun to be had online but sadly its all a big frustration for me as I rarely win and it just gets tiring to keep taking a whooping lol.

Same with UFC 3 for me, mostly all single player, but I don't like the ultimate team. I did the career a few times over with different CAF's. Online is difficult for me. For some reason I kept coming up against people who were using Jon Jones or Adesanya, and they keep getting me in the muay thai clinch and kneeing me to death and it becomes so hard to block it and stop it.

There has literally never been a Tekken game that didn't have a "vs CPU"...

There has literally never been a Tekken game that didn't have a "vs CPU"...
And I'm not sure why since it isn't like it is some sort of difficult to apply feature. SoulCalibur has had it since SC4 so it isn't a Bamco thing.

It isn't a particularly useful mode for competitive purposes once you get the hang of the game, but I like to use it to mess around with characters in a quick fight if I don't feel like labbing at the moment, and of course it is a nice feature in general for casual fans who have no interest in online. Just seems weird since pretty much every other fighting game franchise has it now.

I'm not much into fighters these days but ive played some recently on PS now and I still think Street Fighter is head and shoulders over games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken.

And I'm not sure why since it isn't like it is some sort of difficult to apply feature. SoulCalibur has had it since SC4 so it isn't a Bamco thing.

It isn't a particularly useful mode for competitive purposes once you get the hang of the game, but I like to use it to mess around with characters in a quick fight if I don't feel like labbing at the moment, and of course it is a nice feature in general for casual fans who have no interest in online. Just seems weird since pretty much every other fighting game franchise has it now.
By "literally" I meant including Tekken 7. Their are various CPU modes in Tekken 7 and that was from console release at launch. Maybe you're talking about a straight 1v1 against cpu. I wish it had "Ghost Mode" from the past games, it's been replaced with treasure mode.

Last edited:
I only had a few fights as Genjuro so I didn't get a feel for him but seems like that was bound to happen from what I've been reading.

Yeah, there were 4 of them in the top 8 at Evo and I believe there was another tournament where there were fucking SIX of them in the top 8, lol.

My boy, Hanzo got some buffs so that's nice.

imo, the best fighting game on the ps4 is...

mk

Back