Best handgun for you, for personal carry?

I can't say enough good things about my M&P Shield.
triggers pretty bad on em. other than that. they are great. My store sells em with a 15% off upgrade to an Apex trigger. the M&P 380 EZ has been a VERY popular handgun, both with older folks and the ladies because of how easy it is to operate. Lot of retiree's here who dont have the hand strength to quickly rack a slide of most automatics but still like the size of a non subcompact. The EZ dominates that market for us.

My personal carry is a sub compact Springfield XD9..20190509_014750.jpg

My favorite handguns are my Glocks.

Glock 23 Gen 4
Glock 19 Gen 5

Both with Ameriglo Spartan Operator night sights. I love the night sights.

20190326_134525.jpg
20190207_160910.jpg
My next handgun will be the Beretta PX4 Storm after I get night sights put on my Springfield

My personal carry is a sub compact Springfield XD9..View attachment 628761

My favorite handguns are my Glocks.

Glock 23 Gen 4
Glock 19 Gen 5

Both with Ameriglo Spartan Operator night sights. I love the night sights.

View attachment 628765
View attachment 628767
My next handgun will be the Beretta PX4 Storm after I get night sights put on my Springfield
Also what makes you in love with your springer? They’re decent guns, but being that you already have a 19 and a 23, getting a 26 or 27 would make a lot more sense for you to carry.

Also what makes you in love with your springer? They’re decent guns, but being that you already have a 19 and a 23, getting a 26 or 27 would make a lot more sense for you to carry.

I went in looking to buy a S&W. I looked at the Springfield and it was the same price. It held more rounds and its built like a tank. I like the looks better aswell.. Bought it instead..

Comparing it to my Glocks.. Its built similar but everything on the XD9 is just a little bit thicker and stronger. The polymer frame is thicker and more sturdy. Metal is thicker.. It appears to be a better made handgun.. Doesnt mean it actually is..

I carry it because of its size compared to my Glocks. It fits better in my waistband.. It has a 13+1 capacity. It was also cheap enough that I don't care if it gets beat up.. That is pretty much the main reasons. I paid about 300 for my XD9.. Its the 3inch model and it shoots pretty accurately..

My Glocks were 500+ bucks and the sights were about 100 bucks.. The Glock 19 I bought for my daughter as a gift for when she gets old enough. I keep it locked up. I've only fired about 5 rounds thru it. My Glock 23 is my night stand gun.. I've already dropped it accidentally and kicked it across the pavement.. Put some dings and scratches on it.. When I carry my Glock 23 it would pull my pants down no matter how much I tightened my belt.. It was uncomfortable sitting in my car having it in my waistband.. The barrel would dig into my leg..

I didn't go with another, smaller Glock because I like different shit.. I have 2 good ones. I want different guns besides Glock..

I want a PX4 Storm and a all metal frame Baby Desert Eagle... After those, I have no clue what's next.. I'm basically just collecting guns at this point..

That Glock 23 is my personal favorite. I love the OD Green.. I like the Gen 4s better then the Gen 5s.

20190206_213142.jpg
That's the night sights. They are brighter then my camera could capture on pic.
20190205_204154.jpg

I went in looking to buy a S&W. I looked at the Springfield and it was the same price. It held more rounds and its built like a tank. I like the looks better aswell.. Bought it instead..

Comparing it to my Glocks.. Its built similar but everything on the XD9 is just a little bit thicker and stronger. The polymer frame is thicker and more sturdy. Metal is thicker.. It appears to be a better made handgun.. Doesnt mean it actually is..

I carry it because of its size compared to my Glocks. It fits better in my waistband.. It has a 13+1 capacity. It was also cheap enough that I don't care if it gets beat up.. That is pretty much the main reasons. I paid about 300 for my XD9.. Its the 3inch model and it shoots pretty accurately..

My Glocks were 500+ bucks and the sights were about 100 bucks.. The Glock 19 I bought for my daughter as a gift for when she gets old enough. I keep it locked up. I've only fired about 5 rounds thru it. My Glock 23 is my night stand gun.. I've already dropped it accidentally and kicked it across the pavement.. Put some dings and scratches on it.. When I carry my Glock 23 it would pull my pants down no matter how much I tightened my belt.. It was uncomfortable sitting in my car having it in my waistband.. The barrel would dig into my leg..

I didn't go with another, smaller Glock because I like different shit.. I have 2 good ones. I want different guns besides Glock..

I want a PX4 Storm and a all metal frame Baby Desert Eagle... After those, I have no clue what's next.. I'm basically just collecting guns at this point..
I hear you. I had a 23 for a long time and only got rid of it when I got away from 40 cal all together. Great gun tho.

On the build of the springer, I’m pretty meh. Thicker doesn’t mean built better. And all the extensive testing that has been done on glocks over decades says they don’t really need to be thicker anywhere, as long as your not shooting reloads. The XDs however are known to have quality/reliability issues. My main gripe with the Xd is that Springfield is a great company and has the knowledge to design a reliable gun from the ground up and build it here in America. They didn’t need to take a shortcut and just throw their logo on a Croatian made gun.
That being said, I do really like the ergos on the Mod 2 line. But the way I grip and the size of my hands, I have a hard time not riding the slide release unless I’m consciously thinking about it.

Back