Best Live Band

Life long Metallica fan but those live vocal though.

View attachment 853377
Actually Hetfields vocals in the last 3 shows I have seen have actually improved from his performances in the 00s n early 2010s at least live. I don't go to Metallics shows expecting Freddy Mercury or Robert Plant level rock vocals I go expecting a great show an they always deliver.

Queens of the Stone Age was a good one. Homme knows how to put on a show

Also got free tickets to see Clapton + Stevie Winwood at MSG as a teenager. Great quality guitar work. A bunch of old heads buying me beers and sharing joints with me was a trip too

Minus the Bear was a lot of fun as well. Their drummer is amazing
Never caught them but saw Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal. That's a neat little family thing with those 3 bands.

Never caught them but saw Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal. That's a neat little family thing with those 3 bands.
Josh’s Homme is so active with all sorts of projects it’s ridiculous. I don’t know how he does it. His first band Kyuss was talking about having a reunion as well which would be a must see concert

I also missed out on a concert where QOTSA, NIN, and Death From Above 1979 all played. All of which know how to play live

Highly Suspect, Black Stone Cherry, and Seether have put on some of the best shows that I’ve attended.

Actually Hetfields vocals in the last 3 shows I have seen have actually improved from his performances in the 00s n early 2010s at least live. I don't go to Metallics shows expecting Freddy Mercury or Robert Plant level rock vocals I go expecting a great show an they always deliver.
I'll have to take your word for it. They tour their asses off to recoup the shittons of money they lost due to that terrible movie they made. Their Orion festival didn't do well either.

Josh’s Homme is so active with all sorts of projects it’s ridiculous. I don’t know how he does it. His first band Kyuss was talking about having a reunion as well which would be a must see concert

I also missed out on a concert where QOTSA, NIN, and Death From Above 1979 all played. All of which know how to play live

YEEEEES, Kyuus would be great. Josh is a fucking mental cutting his face up or whatever he did but that whole group of bands is wicked.

I'll have to take your word for it. They tour their asses off to recoup the shittons of money they lost due to that terrible movie they made. Their Orion festival didn't do well either.

<LikeReally5>
Dude, the production budget was $32 million, and they're one of the most popular live bands that sell out everywhere they go.

In 2017 they sold out Cowboys Stadium in a few hours with over 100k tickets each for an average of $120 each, and that was just ONE of the stadiums for that entire tour.

If you want to believe they're still laboring to pay off that mere $32 million debt from 8 years ago, and you obviously haven't looked into their individual net worth, then by all means still believe it.

Highly Suspect, Black Stone Cherry, and Seether have put on some of the best shows that I’ve attended.
I was disappointed with them. I'm not a gigantic fan but as background I liked them. He was acting Zach De la Rocha. They only had like a 30 minute set and he talked through a lot of it :D

Bands I havent seen personally would be Led Zeppelin, lots of jam bands in that late 60's to mid 70's era of course but I think they had the benefit of mixing that with a punky energy, that feeling the song could fall to pieces at any moment.

<LikeReally5>
Dude, the production budget was $32 million, and they're one of the most popular live bands that sell out everywhere they go.

In 2017 they sold out Cowboys Stadium in a few hours with over 100k tickets each for an average of $120 each, and that was just ONE of the stadiums for that entire tour.

If you want to believe they're still laboring to pay off that mere $32 million debt from 8 years ago, and you obviously haven't looked into their individual net worth, then by all means still believe it.
Didn't sell any movie tickets though that thing bombed hard bro and that 32 mil was out of pocket.

Didn't sell any movie tickets though that thing bombed hard bro and that 32 mil was out of pocket.

Yeah, it made a fraction of what it cost back.

But even if it was a 100% loss, they'd earn all of that back after a few stadium performances in Texas, Colorado, Florida, and California.

Don't make it seem like they're slaving away doing constant live performances to pay back a debt.

But even if it was a 100% loss, they'd earn all of that back after a few stadium performances in Texas, Colorado, Florida, and California.

Don't make it seem like they're slaving away doing constant live performances to pay back a debt.
Ultimately that money was flushed down the toilet no real way to get it back so i was wrong in the way I worded it. Do you not know about the Orion festival. They got their asses handed to them on that too not as bad but still. They finally realised they need to stop fucking about with all this other nonsense and do what they do best, tour.

That should be money earned so no you can't just replenish it like that that money from the movie might as well have been burned in a pit.

That should be money earned so no you can't just replenish it like that that money from the movie might as well have been burned in a pit.

Um... yes they can.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/metallica/?sh=768b8554439f

"The legendary heavy metal group has grossed more than $400 million on its WorldWired Tour that began in 2016."

So, spare us the 'The members of Metallica and their families are living in tents, eating beans out of cans, and cursing the day they gave all their money and lost it on that movie.'

Hetfield's vocals are good enough for me, his guitar playing is the real star though. Goddamn Kirk struggles a bit though, I've seen them 7 times and he's gotten progressively worse.

On topic this is the best live band I've ever seen, and this is their greatest live song, amazing stuff (especially with this South American crowd)

Hetfield's vocals are good enough for me, his guitar playing is the real star though. Goddamn Kirk struggles a bit though, I've seen them 7 times and he's gotten progressively worse.

On topic this is the best live band I've ever seen, and this is their greatest live song, amazing stuff (especially with this South American crowd)

One thing I hate is how Hetfield records all the rhythms so it's tighter but what happens live? Lot's of bands do this i guess but i don't feel its genuine. If both guys are going to be playing live then both should record. I have always said if you can't do it live don't put it on an album.

I stayed around for their set at a festival because you have to to scratch it pff. But not a Maiden fan really.

One thing I hate is how Hetfield records all the rhythms so it's tighter but what happens live? Lot's of bands do this i guess but i don't feel its genuine. If both guys are going to be playing live then both should record. I have always said if you can't do it live don't put it on an album.
If that were the case then Reznor recording and putting out albums from his bedroom would never have happened. You're limiting music completely. How very boring.

Back