Best Live Band

If that were the case then Reznor recording and putting out albums from his bedroom would never have happened. You're limiting music completely. How very boring.
Dumb argument people that play in nine inch nails have always been hired gun types so it's pretty well known Reznor writes pretty much all the music. Hammett has been in Metallica basically from the beginning he's not the main writer but he has contributed quite a lot of material over the course of their career..

Dumb argument people that play in nine inch nails have always been hired gun types so it's pretty well known Reznor writes pretty much all the music. Hammett has been in Metallica basically from the beginning he's not the main writer but contributes quite a bit over the course of their career..
You don't fucking say. I'll let @GearSolidMetal get back to making you look like a fool. He's far more polite than I am.

One thing I hate is how Hetfield records all the rhythms so it's tighter but what happens live? Lot's of bands do this i guess but i don't feel its genuine. If both guys are going to be playing live then both should record. I have always said if you can't do it live don't put it on an album.

Yeah well it depends on how you look at it i guess. If you have Hetfield in your band it's probably a no brainer to get him to do all the tracks, he does it so easily and well, maybe the best rhythm player ever.

Megadeth did one of their 90s albums (maybe Countdown to Extinction) all live together, so if they fucked up they'd start again, that's pretty authentic.

One thing that annoys me is bands with one guitarist who record a rhythm track under a lead, when they do it live it sounds empty.

I stayed around for their set at a festival because you have to to scratch it pff. But not a Maiden fan really.

I'm not a hardcore fan but I do like them, but live they blew me away, amazing show, they're a true arena band that's for sure.

I'm not a hardcore fan but I do like them, but live they blew me away, amazing show, they're a true arena band that's for sure.
I wanted to see Eddie, lol. But no, not really. Had to cancel but was going to see Black Sabbath as another I should have scratched it off...grew up on Black Sabbath but not a fan really.

I wanted to see Eddie, lol. But no, not really. Had to cancel but was going to see Black Sabbath as another I should have scratched it off...grew up on Black Sabbath but not a fan really.

I caught Sabbath in 2012 or so, great show, maybe the only band I've seen that actually play slower live than faster, the song "Black Sabbath" was even more evil ha ha

Yeah well it depends on how you look at it i guess. If you have Hetfield in your band it's probably a no brainer to get him to do all the tracks, he does it so easily and well, maybe the best rhythm player ever.

Megadeth did one of their 90s albums (maybe Countdown to Extinction) all live together, so if they fucked up they'd start again, that's pretty authentic.

One thing that annoys me is bands with one guitarist who record a rhythm track under a lead, when they do it live it sounds empty.
I get why as i said just seems too polished and not genuine plus wouldn't it be better for Kirk to learn the tunes that way so its not a slopfest live?.

Korn started recording live like that recently too, well at least Head and Munky on guitar and that is super rad. imo

That's why i have always respected Dime he never did that with his leads just Rex ripping it up on the bass underneath it. I love that shit and wholeheartedly agree with you sentiment on that one.

I caught Sabbath in 2012 or so, great show, maybe the only band I've seen that actually play slower live than faster, the song "Black Sabbath" was even more evil ha ha
I can't remember what reason I didn't go but it was with Slipknot (I'm a Corey Taylor nut) but like I said it was pretty much one to cross off the list. My Saturday mornings as a kid was Led Zep, Sabbath and Deep Purple before my mum took over the record player

another interesting thing regarding recording is the drummer from Meshuggah said that the band hadn't jammed in a room together for like 15 years so crazy but on one of their recent albums they recorded live to get that band feel back. Never write on the road either

I get why as i said just seems too polished and not genuine plus wouldn't it be better for Kirk to learn the tunes that way so its not a slopfest live?.

Korn started recording live like that recently too, well at least Head and Munky on guitar and that is super rad. imo

That's why i have always respected Dime he never did that with his leads just Rex ripping it up on the bass underneath it. I love that shit and wholeheartedly agree with you sentiment on that one.

Look clearly Kirk doesn't have the same practice regiment as he once did, maybe they just tolerate his sloppiness because he's a good guy and is harmonious within the group.

Het's ability to record multi rhythm tracks to be identical is unparalleled. Flemming Rasmussen produced a few of their albums (Ride, MOP and even Justice I think) and he said Hetfield recorded 6 rhythm tracks for some Puppets songs and they were seamless, reckons he's never seen anything like it.

Which album. Won't watch till tomozzles but examples, I'd like to see. Having Head back with us set it back again as much as I love having him back. I'm really not challenging, I'd like to see it. I'm going to Bakersfield again in July. My first trip there from the UK was to see Korn and Disturbed. I used to be MENTAL for Korn.

another interesting thing regarding recording is the drummer from Meshuggah said that the band hadn't jammed in a room together for like 15 years so crazy but on one of their recent albums they recorded live to get that band feel back. Never write on the road either

I've seen those guys a few times, goddamn Haake is a beast on the kit. I find it unbelievable they even remember all of their songs, let alone play them without jamming together, that's ridiculous.

I agree with this, only that I prefer Mustaine as a rhythm player over Hetfield. And there are rhythm players I like more than both but the ones that come to mind aren't the same style. That said, just my preference.

I loved the Quireboys, and also the Little Angels. Great times in the early 90s.

Which album. Won't watch till tomozzles but examples, I'd like to see. Having Head back with us set it back again as much as I love having him back. I'm really not challenging, I'd like to see it. I'm going to Bakersfield again in July. My first trip there from the UK was to see Korn and Disturbed. I used to be MENTAL for Korn.
I think since he's been back he's done three albums already
The Paridigm shift
The Serenity of suffering
The Nothing

They have been putting out some of their best material as of late in my honest opinion. Head leaving definitely hurt the bands sound. There is a video of them recording like that I'll see if i can find it.

Probably the best concert I have been to was in the Newcastle football stadium about 1986. The lineup was an unknown Japanese heavy metal band, INXS, Status Quo and Queen.
INXS didn't turn up because their truck broke down on the motorway, but Queen and the Quo were excellent.

I've seen those guys a few times, goddamn Haake is a beast on the kit. I find it unbelievable they even remember all of their songs, let alone play them without jamming together, that's ridiculous.
I'm not a huge fan of the way 8 string guitars sound but like all the stuff they did on 7's i just got my first 7 stringer about 4 months ago. I love finding out about bands writing process's first thing i do is go to wiki to see who did what but a lot of bands don't list it which is lame.

another super interesting one is Fit for an Autopsy band dynamic, even if you don't care for the style this is still a very interesting watch. The band founder Will Putney is a super respected producer now and doesn't even tour with the band but writes all the music still.

You don't fucking say. I'll let @GearSolidMetal get back to making you look like a fool. He's far more polite than I am.
lol never know which personality I'll get from you

tumblr_ms2ntwhdZF1sg3b68o1_400.gif

lmfao

I think since he's been back he's done three albums already
The Paridigm shift
The Serenity of suffering
The Nothing

They have been putting out some of their best material as of late in my honest opinion. Head leaving definitely hurt the bands sound. There is a video of them recording like that I'll see if i can find it.
I'm not saying I dislike him being back, it just seemed like Korn moved back to a previous era. Which they created ffs, so fuck it. But tracks like Do What They Say and Starting Over were fucking mental. To the point of tears they were so strong. I bought the DVD Deuce again the other day. Nice times watching that again for probably the 40th time.

Back