Best Looking Games?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are the best looking games you have played?

I just re-watched the gameplay trailer for The Last of Us 2 and it looks very atmospheric and amazing - although, not quite as big as some of the other major titles released. The detail is certainly one of TLOU2's strengths.

Same with Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding, all three of these exclusives seem to look spectacular, I just imagine they will look even better on a PS5 if we can get that native 4k.

But right now, the best looking games have to be Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War (2018) and Uncharted 4? I can't think of any games that come close to these, have I missed any?

Its 4 years old and I still think The Witcher 3 might be the best looking game I've played. That crumpling snow physics in RDR2 was amazing but the game was so bland looking.

Last edited:
Its 4 years old and I still think The Witcher 3 might be the best looking game I've played. That crumpling snow physics in RDR2 was amazing but the game was so bland looking.

To say nothing of the damn motion blur. All this wilderness to behold, yet you can't even pan the camera without it looking like an impressionist painting.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looked amazing.
I'm a huge fan of the artwork for Ori and the Blind Forrest.

To say nothing of the damn motion blur. All this wilderness to behold, yet you can't even pan the camera without it looking like an impressionist painting.
You're referring to The Witcher?

Yeah, RDR2 was quite disappointing in that regard. The first chapter looked great, but I was surprised at how bland the HDR was. Even in the island, I thought we would have a great range of vibrant and sharp colors, but we got none of it. Witcher 3 looks amazing, but I think GOW and Horizon beat it. It is really close, though.

Rumors now coming around that this could be a PS5 Exclusive
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/new-l...alongside-news-of-ghost-of-tsushima-and-more/

Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of my favorites this gen so far
I am not livid. I would like to at least see/hear something new about it, because it looks very promising - but of course, would rather it be at 100% for it finishing, so the more time spent on the game - the better. It will probably one of the best looking games on the PS5

Yeah, RDR2 was quite disappointing in that regard. The first chapter looked great, but I was surprised at how bland the HDR was. Even in the island, I thought we would have a great range of vibrant and sharp colors, but we got none of it. Witcher 3 looks amazing, but I think GOW and Horizon beat it. It is really close, though.
Yeah hard to say, I'd have to see a full screen side by side comparison to say for sure. Those games are newer so they're probably sharper but nothing about them knocked my socks off like The Witcher did.

Final Fight might be the best looking game of all time. Beautiful. Must be because of the beautiful und superior CPS arcade board.

From what I’ve seen and played, definitely God of War. Nothing I’ve seen on a console has come particularly close imo.

Yeah, just from realism perspective, it's a toss up between RDR2 and The Witcher 3. The attention to detail is astounding. I'd knock TW3 down a tiny peg, for having some silly physics(trees constantly blowing in the wind like paper).

On the other hand, for pure style I think the original Ni-No Kuni looked amazing. Same with OkamiHD.

Chrysis was groundbreaking. Witcher 2 looked good, Witcher 3 looked breathtaking. I would say that W3 is the most beautiful game I played. On consoles, Horizon was nice but it was more due to nice design and bright colors, it is not perfect visually. I rememder Order 1886 stunning me with how great it looked, maybe not in exact picture quality but in great work on details. Still the only game I played with proper clothes layering and collision model. Also ability to pick stuff up and turn it in your hands was great. And lighting, very impressive.

Surprising, I thought more people would have played God of War.

After recently getting Project Cars 2 I'll say Gran Turismo Sport

Back