Best Multivitamin

Proper foods eliminate the need to supplement

This is literally what I'm trying to tell you. Your food does not contain the nutrients you think it contains. Take a multi with a meal that contains substantial fat.

This is literally what I'm trying to tell you. Your food does not contain the nutrients you think it contains. Take a multi with a meal that contains substantial fat.

Or... choose the proper foods. Informed choices > poorly absorbed synthetic vitamins

Or..... Do both and ensure that you're getting everything you need?
It's a purity spiral argument and useless at this point. There are people out there that are just wholly convinced that whole foods are the only way to go and that natural is always better and safer blah blah I don't know because I'm not a closed minded simpleton. The cold hard reality is that our food simply does not contain the nutrients it used to contain because our soil does not contain the nutrients it used to contain and this will only continue to be further exaggerated as soil keeps getting reused until it's completely alkaline. Even synthetic fertilizers ("salts") can't replace the nutrients we strip out nor can crop rotation and "organic" fertilizers certainly can't. Each generation of crops takes more and more from the soil and anyone that thinks "whole foods" contain the amount of vitamins and minerals they contained when the quantification was done in the fucking 60s or 70s is just not worth arguing with at this point.

Or..... Do both and ensure that you're getting everything you need?

Or... Just eat properly and eliminate the "need for poorly absorbed synthetic garbage ? It's pretty well accepted that Multi's are largely junk

Or... Just eat properly and eliminate the "need for poorly absorbed synthetic garbage ? It's pretty well accepted that Multi's are largely junk

Interesting because my doctor recommends a good multivitamin. I highly doubt anyone who just eats clean food has any idea what vitamins and minerals they are actually getting in their body.

It's not a significant cost and my doctor is probably better researched than you are.

Interesting because my doctor recommends a good multivitamin. I highly doubt anyone who just eats clean food has any idea what vitamins and minerals they are actually getting in their body.

It's not a significant cost and my doctor is probably better researched than you are.

Smug condescension aside... Your MD likely knows fuck all about nutrition hence recommending a Multi. If you have to supplement your diet its because it's lacking. Google is free cure for ignorance. Not sure why the cuntish attitude, but you do you.

Smug condescension aside... Your MD likely knows fuck all about nutrition hence recommending a Multi. If you have to supplement your diet its because it's lacking. Google is free cure for ignorance. Not sure why the cuntish attitude, but you do you.

Yes because why would a highly respected doctor have a better understanding of nutrition than you with your Google skills. Considering my MD graduated from Johns Hopkins and is pretty well known globally in the community, I'm going to assume that he is not in fact a shitty doctor. I'm just going to assume you're a YouTube expert who thinks he knows more than actual doctors.

<{outtahere}>

They are called supplements for a reason. They help make up for any deficiencies you probably have in your diet, regardless of how well you eat. I've never met anyone in my lifetime doing athletics who tracked their vitamins next to their macros. It's hard enough to track your macros long term, let alone add two dozen vitamins and minerals to that daily list.

It's really just silly to act like vitamin supplements are worthless when you're clearly pretending I'm putting them on some imaginary pedestal that I never did. A healthy person with a great diet is likely get most of their necessary vitamins and minerals from their food, which is great. But if you can ensure your body has everything it needs for a dollar a day, I don't see why you would be against that. Just how broke are you?

If you want to have a discussion on the shit state of the supplement industry because of a lack of regulation, you'll probably see we agree on a lot there.

Or if you want to have a discussion on what I consider to be the order of priorities for health we are probably closer than you would think.

Google isn't a free cure for ignorance. It's a search engine that provides you with whatever information you're seeking. It doesn't make that information correct. The cure for ignorance on nutrition would be looking at hundreds of medical studies from different journals and finding trends in the data.

And of course completely off topic but relevant to something you said. Google isn't free. You're the product not the customer. Real information generally costs money. If you didn't go to school or engage in a related profession it's highly unlikely you're paying for scientific/medical journal access. You're just reading out of context news articles based on studies you likely haven't spent much time analyzing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back